• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My family staying offsite, my brother onsite:pick up and drop offs allowed?

wcduke

Mouseketeer
Hi. My family is planning a July Disney trip. We will be staying offsite in a townhome and renting a car. My brother will be staying onsite at a Disney resort. He is not sure yet which one.

Will we be able to pick my brother up at his Disney resort and/or drop him off in our rental car? Are there any special rules we will need to follow since my family will not be a Disney Resort guest, but my brother is?

Thanks in advance!

shouldnt be an issue. Just let the guards know you're picking up/dropping off. The issue would be if you were going to park at his resort in order to use Disney Transportation.

The brother is staying onsite. He is totally allowed to have a car. That car can be there; he just needs a parking permit. ANYONE can take transportation. If the family took a taxi to the resort, paid the taxi, and they met the brother, they could take transportation. If the brother had a car and left it, it would be the exact same situation as it would be if they drove in, called the car his, and took transportation.

There's no ethics enter into it. Each person is allowed to park one car. That's the car the person staying on property would claim.

I think it is an ethical grey area. The car is allowed, the people in it who are staying off site, are kind of allowed. The car is meant, even though it is unsaid, to be that of the guest registered at that resort. Disney is not about giving free parking to those staying off site.

Can they get away with doing that if they wish? Maybe? Is it ethical, ehh, ish????

Regardless, even if you are using a parking permit from your brother (because this actually has nothing to do with your question) you need to check in with the guard for entry because you won't have a key/band. For drop-off you presumably will use his key/band to access the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter