My Experience website ... what I miss

hoosll

DIS Veteran
I really miss the ability to create a few trip scenarios and compare the cost ... or even just the ability to save a vacation plan without "putting it in the cart".

Anyone else frustrated. How can we tell Disney what we liked about the old interface?

It's very frustrating; I can see how it could be a wonderful tool, IF it wasn't so messed up! :confused3 I didn't think it would be possible for the site to be more irritating, but I was wrong... :(

i miss that I don't automatically see my vacation countdown and a large photo of my upcoming resort. Now I need to log on, and then it is just a small image.

Gosh, where to start. The new My Experience site is a huge downgrade from what Disney used to have. Sad.

And after tonight I miss actually being able to make ADR's!! The site says Im at 179 days, but can't book anything!!:confused3

I miss being able to save several vacation options too. Maybe we were using up too much memory on them?

I miss being able to save several vacation options too. Maybe we were using up too much memory on them?

It makes me wonder if the software designers ever used the original interface. Most companies will post a beta version (alternate experience) and collect feedback on the future changes .. not Disney ... seems so shortsighted to alienate their best customers especially when most of the "my experience" planning tools are disconnected.

In the end, where are the usual Disney surveys collecting feedback ... the "man behind the curtain" has turned his back on us.

I agree!

I actually just came to search the forum to see if I'm missing the "save this vacation" button. When I was planning the trip I just returned from, I kept several vacation package options saved, that I returned to and kept tweaking until I decided what I wanted. I also put in dates that I knew I would not be going, just to get some ideas on cost based on the season (value/etc), before the 2013 package prices were released. I realized that the price would go up some, but it gave me some idea to just play with dates/resorts/options.

The website changed after I'd made my reservations for the trip we just took, so I hadn't dug deep enough to see that this feature is now gone. Now that I'm back and looking ahead (too far ahead of you ask me, but at least I have something in the works), I am really sad to see that this tool is gone. :(

I agree!

I actually just came to search the forum to see if I'm missing the "save this vacation" button. When I was planning the trip I just returned from, I kept several vacation package options saved, that I returned to and kept tweaking until I decided what I wanted. I also put in dates that I knew I would not be going, just to get some ideas on cost based on the season (value/etc), before the 2013 package prices were released. I realized that the price would go up some, but it gave me some idea to just play with dates/resorts/options.

The website changed after I'd made my reservations for the trip we just took, so I hadn't dug deep enough to see that this feature is now gone. Now that I'm back and looking ahead (too far ahead of you ask me, but at least I have something in the works), I am really sad to see that this tool is gone. :(

Ditto!

Another here who absolutely hates the new website...I find it to be so slow. My 180 day mark was yesterday and luckily for me the old website is still on my IPad so I made all my ADR's from there & it was painless :)

I also don't like the way this new site works!!
I had a reservation but was thinking of changing and upgrading to a different resort for the same dates. Not only did it want to require me to put it the cart in order to see the actual rates, but it then warned me that it could replace any current reservation I was holding if I did that!:scared1: I didn't want to take that risk!

add me to the i can't stand the new website list. It's just so cumbersome and not really all that user friendly

Maybe something was just added, I was able to save an offer this morning. I kinda wonder though, "Is it really an upgrade if it actually takes features away :confused3?"

I too miss saving my different vacation scenerios. I made dining reservations several weeks ago and it took me at least four hours for seven TS reservations. It was just so frustrating and ridiculous.

Here's another vote for absolutely HATING the new site. I have been trying to compare resorts for an upcoming trip in 2014, and it won't let me do it. How am I supposed to research my options if the silly site won't cooperate? So, I am using other sites to do the research and will not book the trip online. I have heard nothing but nightmares happening with not only booking reservations, but ADR issues as well. I also have read on another post that information is being mixed with the wrong login...i.e. different name, address, and credit card numbers with the login :scared1: Disney should be ashamed of themselves for rolling out a site that has obviously not been tested effectively. I get that they are trying to integrate everything for Mymagic+, but this is frustrating, and in the case of having someone else's info, and vice versa, just dangerous.

Google "Disney World Reservation Landing"

It takes you back to the old site, or something very very close. Yesterday I was able to save 5 different vacations for the sake of comparison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter