• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My experience switching resorts with my Owner's Locker

TLinden16

Scotty and Ray at Jelly Rolls are the best!
As some of you may remember, I posted a while back about having my luggage moved from the Beach Club Villas to the Dolphin by Disney. I was a bit nervous about having it moved by Disney, but it really went on without a hitch.

On the day I was transferring my luggage, I took the little card with my name out of the plastic window on my Owner's Locker, and crossed out the check in date on there. I wrote: Please move to the Dolphin" and the date. When the cast member came to get my luggage, he tagged it with a bag number sticker, and also ran a tag on a string through one of the holes where you fasten the plastic ties to secure the lid. I also asked him to make note on the main tag that there was a Purple's Owners Locker.

When I went to the Dolphin that evening, I told bell services that my luggage had been delivered by Disney, and included a purple owner's locker. They told me to go to my room and wait. When the bellman got to my room, he did not have the Owners Locker with him. I explained to him what it was, and he said, "Oh, yeah. I did see something like that. I'll go see if it's yours." He went back and got it.

So other than the bellmen at the Dolphin not being very familiar with an Owner's Locker, having it moved went very smoothly.

Glad it worked for you.

On our last visit, we stayed at CSR on arrival night & let's just say I was in the luggage room at 11:30pm because nobody had a clue what I was talking about. :confused3

I guess they were confused by all the other big purple boxes down there. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter