My experience in MK before park opening....

Thanks for sharing the pictures. We have booked an 8:20 am breakfast at Crystal and so far the park opening is listed as 9am. I can't wait to experience the park and get some great pics without all the crowds.

We decided that we will always do this at least once a trip. The first time my kids and DH were there we entered early for DD's BBB appt and it was so amazing to be able to just stroll thru feeling like we almost had the place to ourselves.
This past year we were quite early for her appt. so we have some amazing phots and video - DD dancing all by herself in her Tiana dress in front of the castle (until DS jumped in with her! lol) It was probably the most magical experience I've ever had there.

We booked an 8:15am ADR for CRT when we go in May. I am honestly more excited about being able to get a picture in front of the castle with out the sea of people than I am about the actual breakfast!! :lmao:

We did this a week and half ago and it was great. We had a early appointment for my daughter at BBB and we went in with everyone else who had early dining ressies. It was a 8:30 reservation and we got in early so we had plenty of time to take in the sites and stop and use our photopass + as there were photographers everywhere. We got some great pictures and my daughter loved it. Then we got into her reservation early and were done by 8:45 so we went out front of the castle and were the basically the only ones around. We got some more pictures and my daughter had to go back to the one photographer because she "had" to show her the makeover. At one point I looked around and thought, it is my wife, my daughter, me and photographers with main street all to ourselves. We listened to the opening and then just sat back and watched everyone come down main street. Talk about a sight. It is just crazy seeing it from that view. Some were running like the running of the bulls was going on and that bull was right behind them (got to get those fastpasses I guess), others were just strolling along taking in the sights. Everyone had a huge smile though and it was a picture perfect time of happiness. It was a great "people watching" opportunity and a totally different sight that you normally don't see at Disney.

This was a memory that will be engraved for a long time as it doesn't always work out that way with reservations and then to have others have the reservations and no one be around. It was a special time and my little Cinderella was so happy.

we have an 8:35 reservation for crystal palace. what time do you think they will let us in? could we get in around 8 or is that too early?! i want lots of time to take pics!!

I am not yet to our 180 day mark to make reservations. To snag those early times do you have to be online at 6am at the 180 day mark? I have fooled around with the dining reservations and have not seen anything that early available?

We did this a week and half ago and it was great. We had a early appointment for my daughter at BBB and we went in with everyone else who had early dining ressies. It was a 8:30 reservation and we got in early so we had plenty of time to take in the sites and stop and use our photopass + as there were photographers everywhere. We got some great pictures and my daughter loved it. Then we got into her reservation early and were done by 8:45 so we went out front of the castle and were the basically the only ones around. We got some more pictures and my daughter had to go back to the one photographer because she "had" to show her the makeover. At one point I looked around and thought, it is my wife, my daughter, me and photographers with main street all to ourselves. We listened to the opening and then just sat back and watched everyone come down main street. Talk about a sight. It is just crazy seeing it from that view. Some were running like the running of the bulls was going on and that bull was right behind them (got to get those fastpasses I guess), others were just strolling along taking in the sights. Everyone had a huge smile though and it was a picture perfect time of happiness. It was a great "people watching" opportunity and a totally different sight that you normally don't see at Disney.

This was a memory that will be engraved for a long time as it doesn't always work out that way with reservations and then to have others have the reservations and no one be around. It was a special time and my little Cinderella was so happy.

What an amazing memory! :)

We got an awesome picture of DD on her birthday in front of the Walt and Mickey statue with the castle in the background before our 8:15am CP reservation in October. Only 3 people in the picture. I would have waited for them to move out of the frame, but DD was a year old so we had to take what we could get ;)

One of the things I am most looking forward to on our next trip is our early morning appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

I love entering the park early. We try to do it once on every trip. On our last trip in May (just me and DD), we were the very first ones in the park. I got a completely empty shot of Main Street (it's PERFECT) and our pictures in front of the castle with Photopass are free and clear of anyone in them. We were the first to check into CRT that morning and DD was named Princess for the Day complete with a giant sticker on her dress. It was such a great time!

I am not yet to our 180 day mark to make reservations. To snag those early times do you have to be online at 6am at the 180 day mark? I have fooled around with the dining reservations and have not seen anything that early available?

Not necessarily. But the earlier the better. We got CP @ MK, TH @AK, and H&V @DHS all pre opening for presidents day week and we booked them... maybe 60 day out. Spring break week or Christmas week may be a bit more difficult... :)

I love entering the park early. We try to do it once on every trip. On our last trip in May (just me and DD), we were the very first ones in the park. I got a completely empty shot of Main Street (it's PERFECT) and our pictures in front of the castle with Photopass are free and clear of anyone in them. We were the first to check into CRT that morning and DD was named Princess for the Day complete with a giant sticker on her dress. It was such a great time!

Awwww that sounds like an awesome day! :)

Never have had an early ADr or ressie, but we got to experience main street and the hub before park opening when we got selected as Family of the Day. Truely a very magical time when you have an empty park and great photo opportunities. :goodvibes

Never have had an early ADr or ressie, but we got to experience main street and the hub before park opening when we got selected as Family of the Day. Truely a very magical time when you have an empty park and great photo opportunities. :goodvibes

Pics?!

I will get some pics next Wednesday as we are doing the Magic Behind the Steam Trains tour... We meet at 7:15 am, park doesn't open until 9 am, so should be pretty empty!

What places can you get a breakfast ADR for that early? I'll be alone and didn't plan on making any ADR's but it might be worth it to get a little alone park time!

If you want to get there even earlier, you can take the "Magic Behind the Steam Trains" tour.

We did this in 2011 and it was awesome being the first guests to enter the park. I have some great pics from that.

However, the tour is a little long IMO. I loved the first couple of hours, but the next couple of hours dragged a little.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter