My DREAM Cruise With My Dream Come True! (March 2013: UPD 3/18/13)

EXPLANATION OF THE TITLE...

Thanks again for joining us!!

I guess you're wondering who "us" is!

Well for those who don't know me, I'm Megan (27..will be 28 on cruise). I'm a teacher in the Celebration, FL area, Alumni of the WDW College Program, WDW Professional Internship, and currently a WDW Seasonal CM. I love going to Disney, staying at Disney, collecting Disney Precious Moments, and can't wait to take my first ever cruise which of course has to be Disney!!

Also joining me will be DBF Jerry (32) who surprised me with this cruise!! He lives in TN, works at a college, loves Nascar, loves Disney, loves me, and did not enjoy his first cruise on Carnival this past summer but will hopefully love Disney! He may be chiming in from time to time on here because...

WE MET ON DISBOARDS!!!!!!

Here's a recent pic of us from Christmas!!

Cruise2_zps6e038bbf.jpg

OUR LOVE STORY!

Long story short, when I moved back to the Orlando area summer 2011, I decided to see if there were people to meet and hang out with from Disboards and ended up talking to DBF a few times. We ended up meeting Feb 2012 thanks to rain delays at his Nascar race in Daytona. We met at a restaurant outside DTD, went to Raglan Road for drinks, and left with a feeling that if he lived in Orlando we'd be married by now haha.

By April/May I couldn't get him off my mind and was still single so we began talking more which led to him planning a pre-cruise trip to WDW before he cruised with friends out of Ft. Lauderdale. He came July 13th, we had our first date at Cali Grill (yes setting high standards!), a second date for lunch at Le Cellier ( yes high standards), and he left for the cruise after an amazing weekend with tears in my eyes!

While on the cruise he paid for internet and we communicated with private messages on FB and emails. I was falling for this guy for sure and knew I would do anything to see him for one more day. He thought the same thing so while on the cruise, switched his flight, I drove to FT. Laud to pick him up and we shared one more night together at POFQ with our first dinner date together as a couple at Paradiso at DTD. After our 24 hours together, I drove him to Jacksonville and he flew home..

Paradisio2012_zps13130554.jpg

POFQAug2012_zpsefac8b23.jpg

Since July 21st, we have shared many happy memories already:
-Visiting TN, going to WDW, staying at various WDW resorts, introducing him to Pittsburgh (my hometown), and Cincinnati (where my parents currently live).

We are thrilled to be going our first real "trip" together and can't wait for this journey!!!!!

DETAILS OF THE TRIP...

Here are the details of the trip!!!

WHO: DBF and I

WHAT: DISNEY DREAM!!! We will also be doing a post cruise trip at WDW and one night pre cruise at WDW

WHERE: DISNEY DREAM: Nassau, Castaway Cay, and a day at sea + WDW before and afterwards!

WHEN: Pre Cruise: March 23-24, 2013 Cruise: March 24-28, 2013 and Post Cruise: March 28-March 31, 2013

WHY: It was a surprise trip for Christmas and my 28th birthday thanks to DBF.

More Details....

At this time we don't have a resort picked for the pre and post stays. For Pre-Cruise we have discussed everything from GF to POP to staying at my apt for the night and for Post Cruise we have discussed everything from GF to a moderate. We shall see as it gets closer!!!

For the Cruise we are booked in category 6A which is a stateroom with balcony! I'm scared of the balcony but DBF says it's a must..hm.. :eek:

For Christmas, I got a ton of pre-cruise goodies from DBF as well as a passport!! Needless to say I'm psyched!!

Cruise11_zpsc5f7c5c4.jpg

CruiseGifts_zps1c63d1e8-1_zps500853eb.jpg

UP NEXT: 75 DAYS TILL THE TRIP, DID WE GET WHAT WE WANTED??

Thanks for the heads up Megan

I am going go read the details now :surfweb:

What a great DBF you have. I see all the disney mini trips and trips home and to his home and am so very happy for you both.

What an awesome gift!!!!!

he is definitely a keeper:thumbsup2

Can't wait to follow along before and after

:goodvibes

DREAM DETAILS...

Today is 75 days till we cruise = CHECK-IN DAY FOR US!!!! :cool1:

Our hopeful wishes (since we aren't apart of Castaway Club yet) were:

~11am Port Arrival Time
~Early time for our excursion at Nassau: Beach Day at Atlantis
~Room Assignment

At 11pm last night (central time for DBF) he got on and was able to book the extras but the site crashed on him during the check-in process. By 1:15am (central time) he was able to get back on and register so what did we end up with....

~11:00-11:30am PAT
~10:15 for Beach Day at Atlantis (ship docks at 9:30am)
~11:30 breakfast at Palo on our sea day...surprise for me!!!
~ No room assignment yet but we are guaranteed 6A category or higher which is good!! :thumbsup2

...and other surprises that DBF might have booked or added??!!

I am looking forward to seeing our tiny stateroom, riding the Aqua Duck, eating at all 3 restaurants, seeing fireworks, and setting foot on Castaway Cay...among other things!!!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE OR HELP TO ADD.. LET ME KNOW!!!!

UP NEXT: Day to Day Schedule of Sorts...I LOVE SCHEDULES!!! :love:

Sound like DBF did great

That aqua duck looks so fun :cool1:

I am here!! So happy for you two! I met DH online and we have been married for over 6 years so I am a big supporter :goodvibes

You'll have to let me know what your DBF didn't like about the Carnival cruise as I am going on one soon!

Have you guys thought about staying at AoA for your pre or post night?

Hi Megan, thanks for the facebook message about your new PTR. Glad you're back on the DIS. :) How exciting for the two of you to be going on a cruise! Can't wait to hear all about the planning/trip because I'm dying to go on a Disney cruise some day!

:welcome: Welcome Ladies!!!!!! Thanks for joining me!!! :cool1:

Thanks for the heads up Megan

I am going go read the details now :surfweb:

What a great DBF you have. I see all the disney mini trips and trips home and to his home and am so very happy for you both.

What an awesome gift!!!!!

he is definitely a keeper:thumbsup2

Can't wait to follow along before and after

:goodvibes

Sound like DBF did great

That aqua duck looks so fun :cool1:

I can't wait till everything!!! And to think I wanted to wait till the fall..haha

I am here!! So happy for you two! I met DH online and we have been married for over 6 years so I am a big supporter :goodvibes

You'll have to let me know what your DBF didn't like about the Carnival cruise as I am going on one soon!

Have you guys thought about staying at AoA for your pre or post night?

He thought the service started to deteriorate as the days went on. He enjoyed Key West and Grand Cayman but not Jamaica (which has nothing to do with the cruise). He was expecting Disney like standards which were not met haha. He thought the shows were not so great and the food was great in the beginning. He felt like there would be more to do on other cruise lines. As he said..kind of like Disney Resort levels, you get what you pay for and he wished they had paid for Royal Caribbean or another line but that's his own opinion! My Roommate on the other hand went on Carnival in the fall and loved it. They enjoyed all their ports and had a blast drinking and hanging around so that's another view too haha.

Hi Megan, thanks for the facebook message about your new PTR. Glad you're back on the DIS. :) How exciting for the two of you to be going on a cruise! Can't wait to hear all about the planning/trip because I'm dying to go on a Disney cruise some day!

Thanks for joining me!! I'm glad you will get a preview of someday for u!

From one DCL newbie to another....:banana::yay: for a Disney Cruise!:yay:

Congrats on meeting a great person and enjoy your trip!

MINI 6 MONTH ANNIVERSARY TRIP!!!

HAPPY THURSDAY FRIENDS!!!

Is it me or is the first week back from break always the worst?! Last year we had Monday off and had class Tues-Friday which was better!! The kids are hitting their breaking point and we are too haha. Here's to hoping Friday + P.E. + Recess + Game Day will make for a better day!

Next weekend, DBF and I will be going on a mini vacation to where..DISNEY WORLD!!!!

Here are the details:
DATES: Saturday Jan 19-Mon Jan 21
RESORT Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter
DINING: Using QSR DDP and paying OOP for a few meals
SCHEDULE:
THURS 17: DBF Arrives and we have a dinner date planned for Applebees!

FRI 18: I work and then DBF and I will be going to see a movie at Fork and Screen or Splitsville or Cirque..we're going with the flow on that one! I will also be doing Princess hair for a Dis friend Erin's DD and her DBF's DD in their room at POFQ.

SAT 19: DBF and I check in at POFQ and hope the room is ready! We are going with the flow for the day.. hoping for good weather for maybe mini golf or the pool! We have a 7:20pm dinner Ressie at Narcoossee...PLEASE GIVE ME GOOD VIBES ABOUT THIS PLACE!! This will be the first time for both of us and we chickened out the last 2 times we had it booked!!

SUN 20: We will be going the a park (s) I have a free ticket to use before Feb so we can go to any park(s) except MK..I'll let DBF pick :)

MON: 21: Check out of POFQ and DBF's flight is at 6:30pm. Whatever we don't do we'll do on Monday..once again hope for good weather!!!

TODAY THE HIGH WAS 83 DEGREES :cool1:

I've tried to do online check-in but it won't let me..so I'll try again tomorrow! I guess the new system lets you pick whether you want early arrival or a specific room request..for us..early arrival!!

***ON A HAPPY WDW NOTE, I'M CURRENTLY LISTENING TO THE BOOMS OF MK FIREWORKS WITH MY BEDROOM WINDOWS OPEN AND A NICE BREEZE BLOWING IN!!!!***

...UNTIL NEXT TIME!!

Yay for a mini trip!!!

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend

Hope your meal is great and weather is wonderful :)

CRUISE PLANS: DAY ONE

HAPPY SUNDAY DIS FRIENDS!!!

I'm currently waiting forever for my CM site to load to see what my schedule is for next Saturday so I figured I'd update while I have some time before my day gets crazy! And just like last week and yesterday, I was not scheduled so I'll be finding a CP friend to try and take his/her shift!

Have you heard all the rave about the "magic bands" and all that jazz? We were told last week that on Tuesday we would be doing the swipe to pay with the room keys and yesterday they were not doing it! Here's the kicker IMO, they told us that Guest Relations at the parks are not operational with the system yet so if the "pins" get blocked for too many attempts, you have to go to a resort to have it fixed.....You have to wonder sometimes!!!!

Anyways..that's your what's going on in the "World" News!!

CRUISE TIME!!!!!!

SATURDAY, MARCH 23, 2013

Our plans are still up in the air for where we are staying the night before.

DBF does not know if he will fly or drive in the day before. We have tossed around the idea of just staying at my apt since he wants to leave things here anyways, staying at POP (hoping for king bed), staying at POR, or a deluxe like Poly or CR since they are expensive and I can get 60% + it's only one night.

In any event, we have decided that for my belated birthday dinner we are going to...

dayone_zps3c83dd0c.jpg

I have a CM Holiday 50% off meal coupon and I've decided I want to use it on there. When my brother and I went a few years ago we had a great meal and I'd like to go back again!

The original plan was that my parents would be coming down Thurs-Mon and we would all go on Sat night after DBF arrived but now they might not be coming because of Dad's new job and moving back to Pittsburgh. We shall see I guess. It's too bad they couldn't come after the cruise but flights are crazy and resort room prices are almost double even at the CM 50% off rates! :scared1:

SO BASICALLY...

Everything is up in the air and hopefully by the first of March I'll know more haha. This is a rough go at it for now!!

What do I do know is that by this day I'll be 100% packed..or mostly packed and ready to go!!!!

I've also decided to add in a special "ASK A CRUISE QUESTION" for those that have gone and might know the answer so here goes the first one:

"ASK A CRUISE QUESTION"
~I've read reports that say that it's smart to bring a power strip for your cabin to charge electronic devices but also read that you might not be allowed to have them...CAN YOU BRING POWER STRIPS FOR YOUR CABIN??

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!

I am not too thrilled with magic band. Maybe after they work out kinks and get it working correctly, I will change my mind. I think it is crazy only way to fix it is to go back to your resort:(

That is a great discount you get on hotels :thumbsup2

Never been on a cruise, so not sure on your question. Will be curious to hear the answer :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter