My Dog's Getting Fixed Tomorrow....

why?? :confused3 It's the best thing you can do for an animal..

Here's my little guy the day after he got fixed....and I was supposed to be keeping him quiet...but he didn't get the memo!!!

003-2.jpg

Keep him calm and quiet! My new little humper (a stray we picked up after Christmas) got snipped last week. He broke his external sutures open and has had to wear a cone for several days and be on antibiotics for a week. I bet with the bath, the hair cut, the surgery, and the cone he wishes he was a free dog again.

Keep him calm and quiet! My new little humper (a stray we picked up after Christmas) got snipped last week. He broke his external sutures open and has had to wear a cone for several days and be on antibiotics for a week. I bet with the bath, the hair cut, the surgery, and the cone he wishes he was a free dog again.

"I do not like the Collar of Shame."
-Dug

:rotfl:

ahh don't feel bad, He'll be grateful when he no longer feels the need to pee on everything, and he won't have anger issues:laughing:

Don't feel bad; you are doing the right thing. :thumbsup2

Our choclate Lab had his procedure last week.

It went fine. It was done with laser, with much less pain and faster recovery. And with subcutaenous sutures, so no stiches to remove.

He stayed overnight, and was ready to go the next day. He was just the same, personality-wise, and the surgery didn't seem to bother him at all. We just went home with Rimadyl for pain - no cone, no antibiotics.

ahh don't feel bad, He'll be grateful when he no longer feels the need to pee on everything, and he won't have anger issues:laughing:

Not always true.. Ive known many of boy dogs who have been fixed..who still mark EVERYWHERE..so not a cure all for marking.

I actually feel more sorry for the female dogs..that is a major operation..the boy dogs..well its just a simple snip snip;)

"I do not like the Collar of Shame."
-Dug

:rotfl:

Sorry, it's actually the Cone of Shame. :) Love that dog, love that movie!! :)

OP your doggie will be fine, it's much more invasive for females, your pup will be fine. :) Even our female was fine, the day after surgery she was running around like crazy, just like it had never happened. LOL

Don't feel bad...you are making sure he stays as healthy and happy as you can make him!

seriously?
is he broken???

Too funny! My son was in first grade when Max got fixed. He raised his hand first thing in class that morning and told the teacher his dog was getting fixed that day. And then a girl in his class asked, "Why? Is he broken?" The teacher laughed so hard, she had to call and tell me this.

Not always true.. Ive known many of boy dogs who have been fixed..who still mark EVERYWHERE..so not a cure all for marking.

I know, I was making a joke. :rotfl:
I work at an SPCA, I know all to well... we do a lot of this :laundy:

I just moved up my kitty's "fixing" appointment today. He was scheduled for Feb. 22, but I asked for it sooner because he is starting to get "sniffy" around the house and my other male cat is also doing a lot of sniffing.

At our last appointment the vet said we could do it then because he weighed enough. I told her that since DH was just recently "fixed", I could not deal with two whiny recently-neutered males at the same time. She assured me that Ziggy would not whine! :rotfl:

I just moved up my kitty's "fixing" appointment today. He was scheduled for Feb. 22, but I asked for it sooner because he is starting to get "sniffy" around the house and my other male cat is also doing a lot of sniffing.

At our last appointment the vet said we could do it then because he weighed enough. I told her that since DH was just recently "fixed", I could not deal with two whiny recently-neutered males at the same time. She assured me that Ziggy would not whine! :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter