My Dog Ate My King Cake

i bought my first king cake about a week ago. i think the bakery didn't do something right. it was oh so hard and horrible. on another note, my sister had a pup who ate wet cement, the told them to feed the dog vaseline to protect it's bowels on the way out, lol, i asked how do you get a dog to eat vaseline, i forgot he had just eaten wet cement

i bought my first king cake about a week ago. i think the bakery didn't do something right. it was oh so hard and horrible.

That sucks I don't know which is worse my dog eating my king cake or buying a bad one.

on another note, my sister had a pup who ate wet cement, the told them to feed the dog vaseline to protect it's bowels on the way out, lol, i asked how do you get a dog to eat vaseline, i forgot he had just eaten wet cement

:rotfl: wow I can't even imagine wet cement

Cement: oh that poor puppy! I hope all the cement came out okay!

King Cake: you could show him how it feels by eating his favourite bone! :rotfl:

My own bundle of joy: Today is our 5th anniversary! I picked up my pound puppy from the city animal shelter 5 years ago! I named him Basil, but for a while thought I should change it to Hoover... he'd hoover up anything edible in a flash!

:dog2: :dog2: : dog2: :dog2: :dog2: :dog2:

ok, maybe kinda of rude, but I saw this topic and my first thought was...so does the dog have to host the next party or what?:confused3

:rotfl2: :rotfl:

I hope the pup is ok and that your DD isn't too upset!

That stinks your dog ate your king cake. Now you have me drooling for one! It's been years since I had one. Does anyone ship them?

Do a google. EVERYONE ships them and at different times too. We always order one. I like the packages that come with cups and beads. It's a real treat for the kids

I don't blame her. King Cake is so delicious. I miss King Cakes. The New Orleans Tribune used to send my team one at Mardi Gras time. I think they stopped doing that a few years ago.

I should order one sometime.

I posted earlier, NEVER even heard of a King Cake before this...
TODAY, I run to Walmart for office supply stuff and they had a DISPLAY with King Cakes in the center of the aisle, THAT was WEIRD to say the least!!

They were in a flat box and had some decorations(??) on them....not sure how it was though as I did not buy it....They also had some Hawaiian sweet bread/rolls too..........
Now that was so strange after reading the thread.......

I lived in Louisiana for 3 years (15yr ago) and I loved King Cake. Didn't realize that I missed it until you mentioned it. I love the one with cream cheese in the middle. Yummmm! Oh and I also miss red velvet cake.:sad1:
Thanks for the cravings!:rotfl2:

BAD DOG!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gambino's had the best red velvet cake but the last couple of time we got it it just wasn't the same.

I'm green with envy reading about all of you that can buy King's Cake in your stores or bakeries :rotfl: . I've only ever had the homemade kind. My mother came across a recipe in a magazine about 20 years ago & started making it, now I do the same. So in a pinch, I have an awesome recipe if you need one.

I hope that your pup is OK after the great king's cake heist of '09 (one time my rottie snagged a 10lb bag of flour, 5 lb bag of sugar & 2 lb bag of brown sugar...I don't know how much she ate because she dragged it all into the LR so that she could open the bags & spread the stuff all over the carpet :scared1: ). Especially with a young pup it's best to keep temptation in the fridge, the cabinets or even in a cold oven because you never know what's going to be too much for them to resist. Did you say that your pup is a pittie mix? Because if part of the mix is beagle you'll have to keep anything resembling food under lock & key.

I hope that your next king's cake is safe & sound!

I know you didn't mean to, but your post made me smile. I make cakes for weddings and one night I got a PANICKED call from the mother of a bride. I had delivered the wedding cake for the next days wedding (it was at their house) and we had carefully put it on a table in a room with a door that could be closed as they had a big dog that loved cake.

Well she calls me and says that one of the kids had left the door open and the dog had carefully eaten the big sugar bow off the top of the cake. The tiered cake was still completely in tact. But the bow was clean gone.

I made her a new one & dried it in my oven with the oven light on & her hubbie picked it an hour before the wedding. I still laugh when I think about it.

Dogs & toddlers, whatcha gonna do?

I love the Manny Randazzo king cakes. They don't use much of the granulated sugar, its mostly white icing with sprinkles. The cream cheese is the best. We normally have to stand in line to get them and if you are not early enough they run out. One year my DD13 and I stood in line for over an hour in the freezing cold. Yes, we are nuts, but it was worth it.:woohoo:

ok, maybe kinda of rude, but I saw this topic and my first thought was...so does the dog have to host the next party or what?:confused3

:rotfl2: :rotfl:

I hope the pup is ok and that your DD isn't too upset!

Actually, what I thought upon reading the subject line was much worse; I thought: "Now, that's one king cake baby *I* don't want to find!" :rotfl:

Seriously, though, that's terrible; hope the king cake can be replaced and hope the doggy is ok!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter