My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Oh this thread is yummy looking. Can't wait to try all these treats when we go to Disney.. Long wait though :(

Was the gingerbread real gingerbread or just the mass produced cardboard-tasting gingerbread stuff that you get in the commercial kits at the stores?

Was the gingerbread real gingerbread or just the mass produced cardboard-tasting gingerbread stuff that you get in the commercial kits at the stores?

I've never bought a commercial kit so I can't really compare. The pieces were pretty hard, but they smelled like gingerbread. I didn't eat the house, so I don't know about the flavor.

I am making my first trip to DL and California in 2 weeks. I can't wait to try some of these yummy looking foods!

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ

Wine Country Trattoria - Tuscan salad with shrimp: excellent, highly recommended

French Market - French quarter chicken and salad (also excellent and recommended)

Ariel's Grotto: crab chowder

Ariel's Grotto: macadamia nut encrusted mahi

Napa Rose: bread-loved the parmesan crisps and foccacia

Fish of the day

Angus beef short ribs

Truffled mac and cheese

Kid's dessert

Chocolate cake (didn't wow us)

Pizza Port - chicken pasta (surprisingly good)

Pacific Wharf Cafe - chicken salad in bread bowl

Cozy Cone Motel - Pear a dice soda

Earl of Sandwich - berry chicken salad (another recommended salad)

Full Montagu

Royal Street - steak gumbo (disappointed with serving size. Bread bowl wasn't hollowed out enough so it only fit like 4 spoonfuls of gumbo for $10!!!)

Fritters

Bengal BBQ - chicken skewer with tiger tail

Steakhouse 55 - ribeye (recommended)

24 layer cake - only looked good, wished it tasted good. Huge disappointment.

Storyteller's Cafe - burger

Club sandwich

Award wieners

Cafe Orleans- monte cristo

Ok let's see of this works...

We just got back from a couple of days in the parks and this is what we had to eat...

Tangaroa terrace

Pineapple burger. This was so good I got it for myself later on a trader SAMs

Tofu salad. So so so good. Highly recommend this and I am a meat eater

Kids meal burger. This was bland and dry. The rice was weird. Fruit was great

Blue Bayou

Bread service dinner rolls. There is some sort of rosemary corn bread in this basket which is to die for!

Mint julep with glow cube. I had never tried one before so I asked if I could switch to the Louisiana lemonade if I didn't like it.

Louisiana lemonade with glow cube. Wasn't a fan of the mint julep

Best gumbo ever

Tasty salad minus the bleu cheese

Monte cristo. Loved the dipping sauces but boy was that sandwich huge. Dh couldn't even eat half.

Short ribs. These were delicious as always

Low sodium salmon. My dad is on a low sodium diet and he said this was fantastic

Dole whip. The line really does move faster now

Dole whip float

Chocolate covered pineapple. She found the largest spear for me. Had to split with my dh.

Trader SAMs

Non alcoholic drinks. I can't remember what either of these were called but I was not a fan of either of them.

Low sodium build your own fish tacos. My dad loved this

Another pineapple burger with sweet potato fries. Yum!

We finished the night with a hunny pot apple. The best one in my opinion.

Next day we got Tangaroa Terrace breakfast to go.

Banana Carmel French toast. This was the only picture i took of breakfast because nothing really looks appetizing when thrown into a box.

Carthay circle woc lunch

Of course we ordered THE biscuits. You guys, these really are so good. I wish I could just carry a bag of them around and eat them all day.

Pomegranate lemonade. Very tasty

Tomato soup. Dh didn't like but he's not really a tomato guy anyway

Butternut squash spinach salad. I loved this. Would have been fine if this were my entree

Burger. Dh said this was very good and filling

Halibut. Yuuuuuum. The red sauce is amazing and excellent slaw. Huge portion!

Apple pecan pound cake. I thought I died and went to heaven. That is until I tried dh's chocolate mousse cake....

Chocolate cake thingy... I don't know what this was called but holy cow! Pure heaven.

Pacific wharf for dinner

Sonoma Apple and chicken salad from pacific wharf cafe. This is my favorite. Love the bread bowl.

Burrito from cocina cucamongo

Veggie tacos with whole wheat tortillas. This was a special order made special by the chef.

Pear a dice soda from cozy cone

Strawberry brownie skewer from paradise garden grill

Where do you get the chocolate dipped pineapple!!!??? I think I have found my "must do" for next trip! Yum!!!

Loved the photos BadRomance!

Before we headed out of town, we stopped by tortilla joes for lunch

Chips and salsa

We tried the homemade guacamole made table side. This was way too much fun and way too good!

Chicken fajitas. I asked for flour tortillas because I'm not a fan of corn

Fajitas side plate

Chicken quesadilla

Fish tacos with corn tortillas

Ok so we loved tortilla joes! I'm kinda mad because now I'm going to have to get that guacamole every time I come to disneyland! I have dreams about it at night.

Where do you get the chocolate dipped pineapple!!!??? I think I have found my "must do" for next trip! Yum!!!

Loved the photos BadRomance!

Thanks! You can get the chocolate covered pineapple over at pooh corner as well as some other places as well I believe. But I found mine at pooh corner. Be aware that they may be so big and juicy that it might fall off the stick. I saved mine from the ground at the last second. Oh my goodness though it was so so good.

Awesome!! Thank you!!! And totally agree about the guacamole at Tortilla Jo's! DH has been trying to replicate it at home ever since we had it! At first I balked a the price, but it was totally worth it! I could just eat that for dinner. LOL.

Thanks for adding another snack to my "must try" list, badromance! Chocolate covered pineapples are soooo yummy. Can't wait to try the Disney version. Thanks for all the new pics.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler! Figment Goes to Disneyland for Mardi Gras!

Despite not knowing if Disneyland was going to do anything for Mardi Gras, Figment decided to go to go anyway. While this year’s Mardi Gras/Bayou Bash was decidedly smaller than last year’s festivities there was still plenty of yummy food to eat. All of the New Orleans Square venues had something on their menu they were featuring for Mardi Gras. Some items were new (like at the Blue Bayou), while others just featured an item that was on the normal menu (like Café Orleans). Still, it was fun and Figment always enjoys eating his way through Disneyland Resort.

Blue Bayou (lunch)
Figment had lunch at the Blue Bayou in hopes that they would having something yummy for Mardi Gras. They were one of the few venues that two entirely new items on their menu in honor of Mardi Gras. One was at lunch and one was at dinner. As he’s done in the past, Figment made a reservation for the first lunch seating in hopes of getting a water side table. He got one and learned that having an 11:30 am reservation meant you’d get a water side table. Folks with later reservations were being told it would be about an hour or so for a water side table because the 11:30 am reservations were just being seated.

Bread Service - Lunch at the Blue Bayou begins with bread service. There are two types of bread: sourdough roll and sweet potato bread. The sweet potato bread is very good!
DSC_0346_1_zps8c80b2a0.jpg

House Salad or Gumbo – Each entrée comes with either a house salad or gumbo. The house salad was pretty good, but Figment liked the gumbo better!
DSC_0354_1_zps497c4d74.jpg

DSC_0359_1_zpsb54869aa.jpg

Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya – “A robust combination of Jumbo Gulf Shrimp, Sustainable Fish, Tasso Ham, Andouille Sausage and Chicken, tossed with Cajun-Style Dirty Rice.” This is one of Figment’s favorites at the Blue Bayou. It’s spicy, but also very tasty.
DSC_0369_1_zps1732dc14.jpg

Buccaneer’s Boneless Beef Short Ribs – “Braised Short Ribs, Boursin Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and Cabernet Reduction.” This is Figment’s favorite dish at Blue Bayou. The meat is fork tender and very flavorful.
DSC_0376_1_zps4242988d.jpg

Lump Crab and Bay Shrimp Salad – “Fresh Greens with Cherry Tomatoes, Julienned Carrots, and Radish, Dressed with Dill Vinaigrette.” This was the Blue Bayou’s “Bayou Bash Special”, so Figment decided to try it. It was very good, with a fair amount of crab and shrimp on top. The dressing was mild, but tasty.
DSC_0385_1_zps3e4efb5b.jpg

Next time...more Mardi Gras food offerings in Disneyland!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter