• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

got2travel said:
Just to clarify, chili is the only thing in a bread bowl at Golden Horseshoe, but not the only thing you can get there. They also have chicken nuggets, fish and chips and awesome ice cream sundaes.

We love the gumbo and clam chowder, both in bread bowls, from Royal Street Verandah.

That's what I meant!! Thanks!!

Thank you everyone for your replies, you guys are awesome!!! I know about the Pacific Wharf and their soups in a bread bowl, we are planning on eating there as well :goodvibes (broccoli and cheese soup in a bread bowl is my favorite :love:) . When I saw the menu for Golden Horseshoe, and I saw that they had chili in a bread bowl, I got really excited about it. Even though the PP didn't care for the chili at the GH, I think we are still going to eat there because other things on the menu looks really good too....plus the ice cream sundaes sound really good as well :goodvibes.

Going in 3 days and there is not enough time (or money:rotfl2:) to eat all of this yummy food!!! Keep the pix coming, dd and love to look at them and remember fondly of our previous trips and all the scrumptious food ;)

Redd Rockett's Pizza Port - Terra Nova tomato basil pasta and Celestial chicken Caesar salad with the chicken on the side:

4814.jpg

Royal Street Veranda - Clam chowder sourdough bowl:

51b805ec-f0b1-48e8-9e34-4fd85e82d87b.jpg

Tiki Juice Bar - Dole whip float:

4922.jpg

The Cove Bar - Buffalo wings:

5162.jpg

Spinach and artichoke dip:

5165.jpg

Lobster nachos:

5166.jpg

Plaza Inn - Penne pasta with marinara sauce:

5208.jpg

Cobb salad:

5209.jpg

Plaza Inn specialty chicken:

5210.jpg

Mint Julep Bar - Mickey-shaped beignets:

5231.jpg

5235.jpg

Mint julep:

5232.jpg

Stage Door Cafe - Fish and chips:

7492b922-2c8c-4972-95c5-17a96bd8cd06.jpg

Cute Easter cupcakes:

5252.jpg

Carnation Cafe - Mickey-shaped waffle with potatoes instead of meat:

5275.jpg

Cozy Cones - Pretzel bites:

fc978263-8c34-4f48-8f5d-174d63bfbfcb.jpg

5301.jpg

Churro bites:

5302.jpg

Little Mickey-shaped oil spot on my churro cone that I found quite amusing :) :

5305.jpg

Wondering if anyone has any experience with trying to order from a children's menu without qualifying for the appropriate age.

Here is my dilemma. I'll be taking my family to DLR in Aug '13. There are several of the nicer restaurants where most of us would like to eat. The exception is my 15 year old who is a super picky eater. I've noticed that the high end sit-down restaurants (e.g. Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Carthay Circle) have a children's menu for kids between the ages of 3-9. In looking at their regular menus, there is nothing my 15 year old will eat. However, there are some things on the children's menu that would work.

I don't want to completely miss out on some of the dining experiences that the rest of us want to enjoy, but I also don't want my 15 year old to have to sit there and watch the rest of us eat (and then have to go hit a CS place afterward so he doesn't starve! :crazy2:).

Does anyone know if DLR/DCA restaurants will allow a 15 year old to order off of a children's menu? It's not about trying to save a buck. It's about all of us being able to enjoy a nice sit down meal. Thanks!

Wondering if anyone has any experience with trying to order from a children's menu without qualifying for the appropriate age.

Here is my dilemma. I'll be taking my family to DLR in Aug '13. There are several of the nicer restaurants where most of us would like to eat. The exception is my 15 year old who is a super picky eater. I've noticed that the high end sit-down restaurants (e.g. Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Carthay Circle) have a children's menu for kids between the ages of 3-9. In looking at their regular menus, there is nothing my 15 year old will eat. However, there are some things on the children's menu that would work.

I don't want to completely miss out on some of the dining experiences that the rest of us want to enjoy, but I also don't want my 15 year old to have to sit there and watch the rest of us eat (and then have to go hit a CS place afterward so he doesn't starve! :crazy2:).

Does anyone know if DLR/DCA restaurants will allow a 15 year old to order off of a children's menu? It's not about trying to save a buck. It's about all of us being able to enjoy a nice sit down meal. Thanks!

I haven't personally done it, but I have read about this exact thing numerous times on these discussion boards and others. Your teen should be able to order from the child's menu. I think what they will do is double the portion and, depending on where you are, either double the kid's meal price or charge some sort of comparable price to an adult entree. The important thing is that, yes, you can order him food from the child's menu if those are the only items that will appeal to him.

I don't come here all the time, unless thinking to plan a trip but i saw this question.

From what i was told any one could order a kids meal, only chr meals seem to stick to the child/adult prices. They could change or you could have a mean waiter, but I know my kid is also picky

I think I read before that they will make an adult-sized serving of a children's menu item, but it is charged as an adult meal. Someone can tell you differently if I'm wrong!

Thank you all very much for your responses! If that's the way it works, then we will be good to go. I actually like that they increase the portion size. That will work even better for my son. I'm just glad we'll be able to eat where we want! Thanks again.

HippopotoMai-Tai from Trader Sam's with souvenir tiki glass

Chicken-Lettuce Wraps, Ahi Poke, and Kalua Pork Flatbread

Italian Chef Salad (most of the meats and cheese were on the bottom)

Chocolate Cake at Carthay Circle Restaurant

Chicken Skewer from Paradise Garden Grill

Marinated Shrimp Salad Po' Boy Sandwich from the French Market

I just found this thread and I am 100% drooling! Thank you everyone for posting such wonderful photos!

Wednesday Arrival Day
Dinner:: Fire and Ice (20)

Thursday:::::
Brk at the super 8
Lunch Carnation cafe
Dinner:: bangle BBq and Village Haus restaurant.

Friday
Lunch shakeys
Dinner Rain forest cafe

Sat
BRK in the room 50.00
Lunch:: Blue Bayou/ or french Market30.00
Dinner House of Blues

Sun golf Day:: 55.00
lunch at Big thunder ranch BBQ 22.00
Dinner at PF changs 30.00

so any suggestions for my up coming July trip, i have not made any resv yet

Wednesday Arrival Day
Dinner:: Fire and Ice (20)

Thursday:::::
Brk at the super 8
Lunch Carnation cafe
Dinner:: bangle BBq and Village Haus restaurant.

Friday
Lunch shakeys
Dinner Rain forest cafe

Sat
BRK in the room 50.00
Lunch:: Blue Bayou/ or french Market30.00
Dinner House of Blues

Sun golf Day:: 55.00
lunch at Big thunder ranch BBQ 22.00
Dinner at PF changs 30.00

so any suggestions for my up coming July trip, i have not made any resv yet

oh Its just my self and Its over the 4th of July weekend

I have also been drooling over this thread for the longest time, and now I can finally contribute!! :thumbsup2

This was from our recent trip (4/15-4/18)

Chocolate dipped Mickey pretzel and red velvet Mickey cake pop, both from Marceline's Confectionery in Downtown Disney and both insanely yummy!
IMAG0580-1_zpse057ab00.jpg

In DCA:

Beef Teriyaki rice bowl from Lucky Fortune Cookery. My DH said it was good but there was not enough food for the price.
SAM_0258_zps441eebee.jpg

I had the carne asada and chicken tamale platter from Cocina Cucamonga. I thought it was good. The carne asada was a little tough though.
SAM_0266_zpsc2be29eb.jpg

and just because, our souvenir sipper filled with coke :lmao:
SAM_0260_zpsa3fe26f1.jpg

Monterey clam chowder and broccoli cheese soup in bread bowls from Pacific Wharf Cafe. Both very good but not nearly enough soup! And the bread bowl was hard to tear apart and eat.
SAM_0314_zpsb9163e89.jpg

Giant Mickey cookie!
SAM_0317_zps14ed6d2e.jpg

Disneyland:

Dole Whip! A first for my DH and I and I am so glad we tried it. SO good, I know why everyone loves them now! I LOVE pineapple and this did not disappoint!
SAM_0423_zps4630bb67.jpg

SAM_0424_zpsca58811b.jpg

Even our DD snuck in a few licks :rotfl2:
SAM_0425_zps85b27d78.jpg

We got skewers from Bengal BBQ. Our consensus was that they were very good, but nowhere close to being a meal. We had two each and a tiger tail.
We had a Chieftain Chicken Skewer each, DH had a Banyan Beef Skewer and I had a Bengal Beef Skewer.

SAM_0435_zps6af3aae6.jpg

SAM_0436_zps9878e7c4.jpg

SAM_0437_zps3afd9278.jpg

When we headed to Toontown, we decided to make up for the skewers. I had a turkey sandwich from Clarabelle's. It was terrible. The bread was not good at all. DH had a pepperoni pizza from Daisy's. It was typical eh pizza but he's a pizza-a-holic, so he had no problem eating the whole thing. :rotfl: We got our DD a Mickey ice cream sandwich, which she really couldn't eat so we ate most of that one! lol

IMAG0613_zps26382135.jpg

IMAG0610_zps88e2e9c6.jpg

IMAG0611_zps970e344c.jpg

The ice cream sandwich was big, which I was pleasantly surprised about.
IMAG0612_zps8a220d8b.jpg

continued...

...continued

We of course had to get treats in Pooh's Corner after riding Winnie the Pooh!
I got a much talked about Tigger Tail. It was not overly sweet as I had read several times, but it was a lot more to eat than it seems! I took a bite or two and saved the rest for later. It was a yummy late night treat at the end of the day!
SAM_0512_zps3e3ed056.jpg

DH asked for some turtle fudge but this is what he found when we sat down to eat our treats. :lmao: Whatever it was, it was still cute enough to eat! haha.
SAM_0510_zps17a3ecb7.jpg

And I couldn't resist taking pictures of the yummy apples in the case. I LOVE the Cheshire cat apple!
SAM_0509_zps62f9a95a.jpg

SAM_0508_zps2ab4329e.jpg

SAM_0507_zps549067dd.jpg

We rounded out the day with dinner at the Plaza Inn. I was hoping to try out the new menu at Hungry Bear, but they were closed :confused3

We both got the fried chicken. DH said he wanted the pot roast, but as soon as he saw the portion compared to the chicken, he changed his mind. He said it was a tiny helping. I didn't see it, though. I knew I wanted CHICKEN! lol
SAM_0513_zps4cdb7cb7.jpg

On our last day before heading home, we had lunch at Earl of Sandwich. My first time eating there and it was pretty good.

I had lots of people telling me I needed to try the Holiday Turkey sandwich, so that's what I got. Yummy! But not something I'd get every time. Next time I'd like to try something else.
IMAG0623_zpsd9b52a06.jpg

DH got the Chipotle Chicken Avocado. He said it was good.
IMAG0622_zps49881d62.jpg

I also got a cup of broccoli and cheddar soup and it was NOT good. No flavor and had a watery vs creamy consistency. Sad.
IMAG0624_zps709a7a96.jpg

We ended the trip with more treats from Marceline's. I got another chocolate Mickey pretzel. DH got peanut butter fudge and DD got some confetti popcorn (which I think tastes like Fruity Pebbles! haha)

IMAG0636_zpsccb93ee2.jpg

IMAG0635_zpsc7e03238.jpg

IMAG0639_zps41308885.jpg

No problem! :thumbsup2
My DH thought I was crazy for taking pictures of everything we ate :rotfl2:
I told him, that's what we DO! Trust me, I'm not alone here! lol

great pics thanks - I am heading there is 5 weeks or so.

now really looking forward to some of those treats :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter