• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

We really enjoyed it! I would eat there again. :) The food was really good, the ambiance was great, service was good, drinks were meh but drinkable. I have heard mediocre reviews so we were a little hesitant but we had a good experience all in all.

I'm not too worried about the drink I can just avoid that.:rotfl: Thank you for sharing!

BLT Flatbread Pizza at Village Haus. YUM!

IMG_9226-1.jpg

They just recently redid their entire menu. I'm looking forward to trying it in a few weeks. I usually stay far away from there.

I think that is why they redid their menu. So many of had such not good thoughts about it.

They just recently redid their entire menu. I'm looking forward to trying it in a few weeks. I usually stay far away from there.

I ate lunch there 2 weeks ago and the menu was different from what my IPhone apps said. I didnt know about the refurbish till they told me. I got a burger and my wife got the pastrami burger. We both liked it. Wasn't anything special but I would eat there again. It was your basic burger. My wifes burger looked very good and she really liked it. I saw some other things that looked pretty good too but I forget what it was.

deejdigsdis, that BLT pizza looks SOOOOO yummy! Now I know for sure what I'll be getting when I'm there next week :thumbsup2

Oh yum! I'll have to check out the Village Haus and its new menu next time we go.

We just got back from our trip, and here are a few food pictures:
These first ones are from Catal, in Downtown Disney. It was a bit pricey, but VERY good.
This is asparagus soup, which was the soup of the day:
IMG_1242.jpg

My mom's steak:
IMG_1248.jpg

Venison
IMG_1249.jpg

Pasta with butternut squash, chicken, and thyme. This is what I had, and it was delicious! (although that particular shape of pasta looks a little like worms to me)
IMG_1250.jpg

This is a deconstructed s'more. It had a rich chocolate cake, graham cracker ice cream, and marshmallows.
IMG_1253.jpg

This was a tropical lemon dessert DH and I shared, and we really enjoyed it.
IMG_1255.jpg

These are from breakfast at Carnation Cafe:
Cinnamon Roll French Toast - probably my favorite breakfast item in the world.
IMG_1446.jpg

Croissant Benedict
IMG_1449.jpg

Children's Mickey Waffles
IMG_1450.jpg

Dinner at Cafe Orleans:
Salad de Maison
IMG_1747.jpg

We all got the Monte Cristo sandwich, and I figured there were a lot of pictures of those here. We always get the Mickey Beignets for dessert, so this time we decided to branch out a little.
Berry Crepe
IMG_1751.jpg

Banana Bread Pudding
IMG_1752.jpg

Both of these desserts were really good. It will be hard to decide what to get next time!

These are from lunch at Ariel's Grotto:
Antipasti Tower
IMG_1887.jpg

Bread
IMG_1890.jpg

This is a special gluten-free meal they made for my DD with celiac disease. It's rice noodles, with marinara and cheese sauce in the cups, vegetables, and a little fruit cup.
IMG_1905.jpg

Herb crusted chicken breast
IMG_1908.jpg

Cioppino
IMG_1909.jpg

Grilled Redfish
IMG_1910.jpg

Tri Tip
IMG_1911.jpg

Kid's Seashell Pasta
IMG_1927.jpg

Dessert Platter
IMG_1942.jpg

Gluten-free dessert they brought for DD - blood orange sorbet, and a big plate of fruit!
IMG_1943.jpg

Nutella Crepes from IHOP - definitely and overpriced IHOP, but it was still fun to go there one night after the park closed. Mmmmmm...Nutella!
IMG_2153.jpg

These are from dinner at Wine Country Trattoria. Sorry they aren't too great - we were eating outside and it was dark. We liked the food here.
Herb-roasted Chicken Breast
IMG_2708.jpg

Lasagna Rustica
IMG_2710.jpg

Cream cheese Filled Pretzel from the Coke Corner - this and the jalepeno and cheese filled pretzel are a couple of our favorite things for a quick lunch
IMG_2964.jpg

Cute apples at Marchellines - we didn't get any, but they sure are cute.
IMG_1232.jpg

Great photos Anna :thumbsup2 It's been awhile since we've eaten @ Ariel's, looks like they changed the bread :) It used to be small rolls in seashell shapes; it looks like it's now a large loaf that you tear pieces from?

food question:

anybody have the fries from taste pilots grill.. just the fries, not anything else? do they give you alot?

food question:

anybody have the fries from taste pilots grill.. just the fries, not anything else? do they give you alot?

Fries, yes, Just the fries, no.

I think they were waffle cut, and pretty good from what I remember.

ok so they were not waffle cut, they are regular fries.. and for $2.99 it's a good amount!

And now onto our dinner at Tortilla Joes in DTD...

I had the platos de combinationes-I chose the beef tamale & the chile relleno (appoligies for the blurry pic)
disneylandchristmas1026-1.jpg

My son chose the Oaxaca-Style Quesadilla
disneylandchristmas1041-1.jpg

My husband ordered Jo’s Favorites-A large platter of shredded beef or chicken
flautas, tequila-BBQ ribs, habanero-mango shrimp and a carnitas tostada with a sangria (sorry once again for the blurry photo!!)
disneylandchristmas1059-1.jpg

And my daughter had the kids chicken quesadilla with corn
disneylandchristmas1049-1.jpg

Oh my God! That looks SOOOOOO good! How much did that cost you? I hope you didn't have to give up an arm or a leg for that dinner. :rotfl:

I kept forgetting to take pics before digging in but this is what I came up with:
Toll House Cookie Sundae w/ caramel sauce and cookies & cream ice cream from Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor:
DSC_0261.jpg

Kids Grilled Cheese meal from White Water Snacks:
DSC_0103.jpg

Chicken Nachos from White Water Snacks:
DSC_0102.jpg

Steamboat breakfast from River Belle Terrace:
DSC_0002.jpg

Fantasmic Dessert Box:
DSC_0582.jpg

DSC_0583.jpg

Black Forest Cupcake from Village Haus
DSC_0331.jpg

Cherries and chocolate mousse inside:
DSC_0333.jpg

Pommes Frites from Cafe Orleans:
DSC_0486.jpg

Monte Cristo from Cafe Orleans:
DSC_0487.jpg

Kids Macaroni & Cheese from Cafe Orleans:
DSC_0488.jpg

Oh Lynzer Torte,

It all looks so good. I can hardly wait until I go.:goodvibes

omg tortilla jo's is amazing!! the food is soo good!! and those pome fritas look great so does the monte cristo, so i know what i am eating now for lunch tomorrow.. thanks for posting!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter