My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

I forgot my camera the day I ate at Tortilla Joe's Taqueria window in DTD.. but I must share that I had a very good Chicken Taco for $3.75.

It was TWO tacos, wrapped in double layer of corn tortillas, loaded with cut up pieces of chicken (some seasoning on the chicken but not spicy). On top they put chopped onions and cilantro, lime wedge on the side.

Next time I will need to order a side of gaucamole (75¢) or some chips and salsa ($2.25) as the taco itself needed a little bit of a punch up in flavor.. slightly dry.
Tortillas tasted fresh and had a good earthy flavor, not too thin ( I hate when tortillas tear apart when wrapping them) and not so thick ( I don't like really thick ones they taste like shoe leather). Just like Goldilocks.. they were just right!

Very quick service, seating outside the window order area. It's easy to walk right on by and miss the taquiera window.. but don't skip it.. the value was outstanding.
As a person on a solo trip, I was hard pressed to find affordable food or food that wasn't an ENORMOUS serving... who the heck can eat three pieces of chicken in one sitting? The kid meals were ok, but not quite enough to eat. If you plan to have a snack treat later then a kid meal is the way to go.

Now I have bad news.. went to Rancho around 3 pm.. had a chicken sonora burrito.. I usually like Rancho.. I wasn't happy.. the food was tepid at best, too many flavors all lumped together in the burrito and I had tummy issues the rest of the night from the sauce.
Earlier in the week I had the chicken tacos, wasn't impressed. The meat had too much spice, it tasted like spices and not chicken KWIM? I liked the vegies (fajita style), good grilled flavor.
At least that time the meal was piping hot.

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to try Tortilla Joe's window..how disappointing about Rancho because I too usually like this place.

All that food is making my very hungry right now. I need some cashews to curb my WDW food cravings & WDW craving (I haven't been there in 2 yrs, so I miss WDW tons)

Note to self - Stop visiting this thread!!! :lmao:

Everything looks so tempting! I can't wait for our trip!!!

A few from the Disneyland Hotel room service. DH was just there last week for convention and ordered room service twice. He at offsite the other times.

Steak and Potato

DSC01605.jpg

DSC01606.jpg

Cheesecake, with raspberries!!

DSC01607.jpg

Fish and Chips, and Ceasar Salad (dessert is some kind of apple pie thing)

DSC01609.jpg

popcorn:: Any more pics out there?

2 questions, also...

Can you order the corn dogs at Corn Dog Castle to be under-cooked? It looked a little too dark for me in the pic. I like my corn dogs golden brown, not charred beyond recognition! :lmao:

Anyone know if the Coffee House at DLH has cupcakes?

The corn dogs the kids got from the cart by Plaza Inn weren't that dark and they said they were awesome.

The pic I posted was actually a hot link corn dog from DCA. Not sure why but the hot link ones are always darker (or it's just my luck that I get the dark ones). But any that I've gotten in DL have been much lighter.

Yeah the corn dogs we got at were awsome! Great for munching while waiting for the fireworks :thumbsup2

I love the corn dogs!

We went to Ariel's Grotto last week and we were really dissapointed. The menu was smaller than when we went in January, and the quality of food was awful in comparison to our previous trip. Also, when we went in January, they brought a plate of cotton candy to our table with dessert, and that was my daughter's favorite part, and they didn't do it this time.

wow... going through all these reviews makes me hungry... Hubby and I have reservations at Blue Bayou when we go in April... but I totally am gonna get a dole whip... mmmmm *drools* and maybe a churro too... lol.... oh oh and a frozen banana... I have come to accept that I will gain weight on this trip... lol... :rotfl:

wow... going through all these reviews makes me hungry... Hubby and I have reservations at Blue Bayou when we go in April... but I totally am gonna get a dole whip... mmmmm *drools* and maybe a churro too... lol.... oh oh and a frozen banana... I have come to accept that I will gain weight on this trip... lol... :rotfl:

Hope you have a great time!!

You may put on weight but you will have fun doing it, I promise!

These foods look absolutely amazing!! I might be going to DL over the summer, so I need to try and narrow down the best food choices and the Monte Cristo looks like one of my top picks. Mmmmm!
I also have a question.. Can anyone who has been to DLR and WDW tell me if their chicken tenders are as good at DLR as they are at WDW? That is one of my favorites(lol.) so I just have to know!

The Mickey Beignets at Cafe Orleans are awesome!
432577991_bb2f1acf7b.jpg

One word of warning: Do not inhale as you put them in your mouth! They have so much powdered sugar that you end up inhaling the sugar and end up with a coughing fit enough for the other people on your table to grab more than their share. Hahahaha Had to order another... such hardships...:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

The Mickey Beignets at Cafe Orleans are awesome!
432577991_bb2f1acf7b.jpg

One word of warning: Do not inhale as you put them in your mouth! They have so much powdered sugar that you end up inhaling the sugar and end up with a coughing fit enough for the other people on your table to grab more than their share. Hahahaha Had to order another... such hardships...:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Oh those do look wonderful!! I'll have to remember these on our next vist!!

Don't forget about all the exercising (walking) that you will be doing. :goodvibes

I think I'm just going to skip the rides and eat all day :lmao:

Walking around Disney will burn off all those extra calories, right??? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter