My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

I am going to be at DLR in exactly one week and I cannot wait to get my hands on one of those gingerbread Mickey men! I have been dreaming about little portly gingerbread men with Mouse ears. I hadn't planned on going into the park on Friday night because my friend will only have a 2-day Hopper and that will be used on Saturday and Sunday. BUT, I am thinking we are going to be sitting in the GCH lobby on Friday night, listening to the carolers, hopefully with some sort of cocoa in hand, so we HAVE to have treats to go along with the cocoa, don't we? I might have to leave my friend in the GCH lobby, or back at our hotel (the PPH), while I "quickly" run into DL and grab some baked goods!!! Actually, I am much faster when by myself, but I don't know how "quick" it would be, standing in line to get in, going through Security Check, then tackling the long line at Blue Ribbon Bakery. Hmmm....I will have to ponder this.

I am going to be at DLR in exactly one week and I cannot wait to get my hands on one of those gingerbread Mickey men! I have been dreaming about little portly gingerbread men with Mouse ears. I hadn't planned on going into the park on Friday night because my friend will only have a 2-day Hopper and that will be used on Saturday and Sunday. BUT, I am thinking we are going to be sitting in the GCH lobby on Friday night, listening to the carolers, hopefully with some sort of cocoa in hand, so we HAVE to have treats to go along with the cocoa, don't we? I might have to leave my friend in the GCH lobby, or back at our hotel (the PPH), while I "quickly" run into DL and grab some baked goods!!! Actually, I am much faster when by myself, but I don't know how "quick" it would be, standing in line to get in, going through Security Check, then tackling the long line at Blue Ribbon Bakery. Hmmm....I will have to ponder this.

Would they possibly have them somewhere in DCA because that would definitely be quicker?

Would they possibly have them somewhere in DCA because that would definitely be quicker?

They have the chubby gingerbread men with ears in the candy shop in DCA (I always forget the darn name). And, they have them in Marceline's in DTD, which would be even quicker! However, the idea of grabbing one of those Blue Ribbon Bakery gooey cinnamon rolls on a cold December night (which I haven't had since September of last year because I was a good girl on the last two DLR trips!) is hard to resist. Sounds like heaven! Then again, I would have to tote that messy cinnamon roll all the way back to wherever my friend was waiting, and klutz that I am, I would probably drop it en route!!! That may have to wait until the next night or Sunday, and I can hopefully snag some gingerbread men at Marceline's and some hot chocolate somewhere in DTD and then plant myself in the GCH lobby! Yum!

They have the chubby gingerbread men with ears in the candy shop in DCA (I always forget the darn name). And, they have them in Marceline's in DTD, which would be even quicker! However, the idea of grabbing one of those Blue Ribbon Bakery gooey cinnamon rolls on a cold December night (which I haven't had since September of last year because I was a good girl on the last two DLR trips!) is hard to resist. Sounds like heaven! Then again, I would have to tote that messy cinnamon roll all the way back to wherever my friend was waiting, and klutz that I am, I would probably drop it en route!!! That may have to wait until the next night or Sunday, and I can hopefully snag some gingerbread men at Marceline's and some hot chocolate somewhere in DTD and then plant myself in the GCH lobby! Yum!

I think I would let the cinnamon roll wait and on Friday get the gingerbread and hot chocolate in DTD. Especially if the weather is as icky as they are saying we are gonna be in the bay area.

I think I would let the cinnamon roll wait and on Friday get the gingerbread and hot chocolate in DTD. Especially if the weather is as icky as they are saying we are gonna be in the bay area.

Yes, that is one thing I am very annoyed at - the stupid Accuweather forecast has been changing every day for my DLR trip. First, they have it raining, then not raining, then raining a little bit, then not at all. Last I checked earlier this morning, it said an ominous RAIN for Friday the 19th, and then tapering off the next day. It could still change back to NO RAIN, but we will see. It would definitely be an awkward mess for me to be schlepping around with a big umbrella, then trying to dig out my cash for Blue Ribbon, then carrying a messy cinnamon roll back to the GCH, trying to keep it dry. I would either drop the roll, slip and fall on the pavement, or the roll would turn into a wet, mushy blob - a mere shadow of its former self!!

So I think you are right - save the cinnamon roll until one of the following days and grab my hot chocolate and gingerbread man (provided Marceline's had not run out of them for the day) in DTD and head back to wherever I plant my friend. But I WILL be scoping out the extra plump cupcakes that I have seen in Marceline's before....just in case (ahem) they run out of gingerbread men with ears!;)

Yes, that is one thing I am very annoyed at - the stupid Accuweather forecast has been changing every day for my DLR trip. First, they have it raining, then not raining, then raining a little bit, then not at all. Last I checked earlier this morning, it said an ominous RAIN for Friday the 19th, and then tapering off the next day. It could still change back to NO RAIN, but we will see. It would definitely be an awkward mess for me to be schlepping around with a big umbrella, then trying to dig out my cash for Blue Ribbon, then carrying a messy cinnamon roll back to the GCH, trying to keep it dry. I would either drop the roll, slip and fall on the pavement, or the roll would turn into a wet, mushy blob - a mere shadow of its former self!!

So I think you are right - save the cinnamon roll until one of the following days and grab my hot chocolate and gingerbread man (provided Marceline's had not run out of them for the day) in DTD and head back to wherever I plant my friend. But I WILL be scoping out the extra plump cupcakes that I have seen in Marceline's before....just in case (ahem) they run out of gingerbread men with ears!;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in the weather department.:thumbsup2

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in the weather department.:thumbsup2

Thank you! I will need it! I enjoy the rain if I am sitting indoors, looking out the window at it, or not carrying anything in my arms and can just stroll leisurely in the rain outside. But at DLR last year, we got stuck in some nasty rain and even my ticket got wet when I had to pull it out of the bag to hand the turnstile person. Things were getting wet IN my bag while I looked for the ticket. My glasses were completely streaked and I couldn't see, and my hair was soaked. I hated it! So it can be a real mess when I am carrying various things and cameras and cinnamon rolls and cupcakes and an umbrella and all that. I would prefer it to NOT rain on us while we are there. We will have a much better time that way! And it will be much easier for me to carry yummy treats to and fro!;)

I am going to be at DLR in exactly one week and I cannot wait to get my hands on one of those gingerbread Mickey men! I have been dreaming about little portly gingerbread men with Mouse ears.

Sherry E, you be sure to eat one of those Gingerbread men for me! They were sure yummy but I only had part of one. I got tickled with my DH. He kept bragging about how he had cut back on his churros this year.... then later he admitted he had had about 4 of the gingerbread men! :lmao: Just another possibility, DH found them at the Market House when he got his coffee refills. If you go in there be sure to try one of their white hot cocoas! Mmmmm!

Sherry E, you be sure to eat one of those Gingerbread men for me! They were sure yummy but I only had part of one. I got tickled with my DH. He kept bragging about how he had cut back on his churros this year.... then later he admitted he had had about 4 of the gingerbread men! :lmao: Just another possibility, DH found them at the Market House when he got his coffee refills. If you go in there be sure to try one of their white hot cocoas! Mmmmm!

I will eat a cookie for me AND for you, Marie! (I might have to try a cupcake, the peppermint fudge, the peppermint cake at the Plaza Inn and the peppermint ice cream in Gibson Girl Ice Cream on Main Street for some other folks too!!!;) ;) ;) :lmao: :rotfl:...Just so I can report back to the DISboard people, of course.....:laughing: And then if I haven't keeled over from a blood sugar attack, I may try a snowman shortbread cookie!!) I have heard about those white hot cocoas and they sound yummy! That sounds like the perfect thing to be sipping when the 'snow' falls and the lighting show happens!!!

Didn't I read somewhere on DIS that the gingerbread men in the Market House are somewhat different than the ones sold in other places? Do the ones in the Market House have the Mickey ears? I know I saw some last year that were taller and less pudgy (as stated earlier) than the ones I have seen pictures of this year, so maybe Market House has that kind? Or do they have pudgy ones too? I must solve this mystery!;)

Sherry E, DH said the Market House Gingerbread men were indeed the ones with chocolate Mickey ears. I really can't be sure about whether they were pudgy or skinny because that's the only place he got them. You better try all the different places just to be sure you report back to us with which ones are the best ones! :thumbsup2

I missed getting a chocolate covered strawberry so if you run out of things to eat be sure to grab one of those for me too!

Sherry E, DH said the Market House Gingerbread men were indeed the ones with chocolate Mickey ears. I really can't be sure about whether they were pudgy or skinny because that's the only place he got them. You better try all the different places just to be sure you report back to us with which ones are the best ones! :thumbsup2

I missed getting a chocolate covered strawberry so if you run out of things to eat be sure to grab one of those for me too!

Yep, I will have to sample all the gingerbread men at all locations to give an accurate 'report' on which one is the best! I love chocolate covered strawberries (especially if they are covered in white chocolate), but aren't those the ones that are like $4.00 or something crazy? That had better be one massive strawberry!

Yep, they are 4 bucks, but they are huge. You can order room service tuxedo ones. My DD, and I had some left in our room. They are 2.50 each, and were big, and juicy.

WHAT?! Sherry did you say Peppermint CAKE? *drool*

I saw a lot of people with Peppermint Ice cream and it was very pink and looked very yummy!

Yep, they are 4 bucks, but they are huge. You can order room service tuxedo ones. My DD, and I had some left in our room. They are 2.50 each, and were big, and juicy.

You mean they are cheaper if you get them through room service than if you get them in the Pooh place or elsewhere in the parks? Four bucks is a lot, but it might be nice to take one home. The DLR fruit is always great - all throughout the restaurants and the little carts and everywhere - so I imagine those strawberries are super yummy!

WHAT?! Sherry did you say Peppermint CAKE? *drool*

I saw a lot of people with Peppermint Ice cream and it was very pink and looked very yummy!

Over on another thread (maybe it was the Merry Eats thread? I can't recall), a couple of weeks ago, someone posted some holiday items that were being sold at Plaza Inn, and one of them had a very long name, but essentially it was a 'demitasse peppermint pot cake'! From that, I just saw 'peppermint cake' and went nuts! I hadn't planned on going into Plaza Inn, but I want to see what that cake is!!! Just today I was in the store and picked up some pink peppermint ice cream (Dreyer's, of course, cut their sizes down substantially earlier this year but the stores still charge the same ridiculous price for the smaller size ice cream). There was only one lonely carton of it left, and it seemed to be calling out to me. I couldn't let anyone else have it! Even though it is chilly outside and not exactly ice cream weather, that doesn't mean I can't keep some in the freezer for later use!;) Not only is peppermint ice cream delicious, it also holds some sentimental value to me for a couple of different reasons!! So, now that I have some in the freezer, I can cross peppermint ice cream off the list at DLR and focus on other treats!!!:thumbsup2 :rotfl:

OH YEAH! I saw a picture! And it came in a cute cup you could keep!!! Let me find it for you!

ETA: Here ya go! These aren't my pics, but I think this is the peppermint cake!

423309188_XCMNr-M.jpg

423309617_YRdA7-M.jpg

OH YEAH! I saw a picture! And it came in a cute cup you could keep!!! Let me find it for you!

ETA: Here ya go! These aren't my pics, but I think this is the peppermint cake!

423309188_XCMNr-M.jpg

423309617_YRdA7-M.jpg

Oh my goodness!!!! Thank you so much for finding those pictures, Courtney!!! :hug: That saves me the trouble of having to go into Plaza Inn, scoping out the peppermint cake just to decide if I want to eat it or not! Now that I have seen those adorable mugs in the pictures - and all that whipped cream - I know I must have one!!! I like a free holiday mug! And I assume there is some delicious cake underneath all that whipped cream! What a yummy idea for a wintertime dessert!!!!:thumbsup2

You're very welcome, Sherry!!!!

Yeah! I remember seeing that picture and thinking how cute the mug was! Especially because they don't sell those mugs anywhere in the parks. Aren't they cute?!!?

You're very welcome, Sherry!!!!

Yeah! I remember seeing that picture and thinking how cute the mug was! Especially because they don't sell those mugs anywhere in the parks. Aren't they cute?!!?

Those mugs are super cute! I wonder how much that whole peppermint cake thing costs? I am guessing around $9. I wonder how far off I am. That probably won't stop me from getting one, though, now that I have seen how festive they are, with the mug and the chocolate tree on the top and the candy cane and the pepperminty whipped creamy goodness of it all. It probably tastes like a pepperminty, creamy, chocolatey little mug o' heaven!:thumbsup2

Here are some photos of the paradise pier hotel concierge lounge.
I also have a video on my blog but not sure if i can post my blog url on here..
DSC03538-1.jpg

DSC03539.jpg

DSC03540.jpg

DSC03541.jpg

DSC03542.jpg

DSC03727.jpg

DSC03728.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter