• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Disney Rewards Card came in a weird envelope

ericandliz

Earning My Ears
I received my Disney Rewards Dollars card today from Visa that I had requested a few weeks ago for an upcoming Disney trip this fall ($450!!) and it came in a "Petite Sophisticate" envelope. We almost tossed it as it looked like junk mail....and we are not petite so the chances of us opening it at all were slim!

Has this happened to anyone else?

No, but thanks for the heads up. I'm waiting for a card too and would probably have thrown something like that straight into the trash.

We got ours yesterday and it was in a plain, white envelope. Thought it was ANOTHER credit card offer :-)

That's extremely weird. Have you checked the card with Chase, just to be sure everything's okay? Very, very strange.

They actually warned me on the phone today when I requested that my accrued Rewards Dollars be transferred to a card that I should NOT be looking for an envelope that says Chase or Disney on it. I then warned DH to make a point of opening EVERY envelope we get even if it looks like junk mail.

Maybe they are trying to disguise them due to theft, before they are delivered or reach their customers. :scratchin

Yeah, but they usually send them in a white envelope, not in an envelope branded with someone else's company name!

Did you call and check the balance on the card? Maybe it was opened by someone else then they put it in the current envelope? I know I've accidently slit open all the envelopes we get in the mail at work only to find I've gotten a piece of mail that is not ours. Then I either call the owner or just stick it in a new envelope and mail it again.

Thanks for the comments-I just got of the phone with Chase and they said they send the Rewards cards in plain envelopes as others have said, and they had no idea what I was talking about. I also looked into any affiliation with Chase or Disney and Petite Sophisticate- no. It still reads a full balance, so that's good. The idea that someone may have gotten it in error and opened it, and then put it back in the mail in a different envelope is sounding more plausible and Chase also floated that idea my way- maybe I should check the neighborhood and see who is petite. It is still weird....now I feel the need to open all the junk mail we get.:sad2:

Was going to ask a question but I will start another thread so as not to get this thread off course!

That is truly bizarre!

I just ordered our Disney Rewards card today ($600!) for our trip in 5 weeks. I forgot that it comes in a plain white envelope. I'll make sure to watch my mail carefully!

I'm guessing it prevents theft since Disney Dollars can be spent by anyone. But, you should ALWAYS open and destroy/shred any mail that has your name and address on it. Also, there's always the possibility that anything you receive could be a cc offer that anyone could return and open an account in your name. We throw away nothing that is addressed specifically to us, it all gets shredded if we don't need it. The only mail that goes in the trash is "resident", "occupant", that kind of thing. We open everything. This all comes from professionals in identify theft and security.

The petite sophisticate envelope thing is weird. Was it hand addressed? Or did it have a window with the printed address? The idea that someone in your neighborhood opened it and put it in a store envelope doesn't wash with me. I would think if I accidentally opened something for someone else, I would pu it in a plain white envelope to mail it.

It's possible that Chase outsources the mailing process, and that company also does mailings for that other company. Since most of mailings these days are automated, no person touched in or realized the mistake.

And like a previous poster said, I open all mail, and I shred almost everything. Credit card offers, offers to buy stuff, etc. I don't want anyone to get it, and order something in my name. It doesn't take long to do. I'll even shred some non-junk mail just to mix it up.

Just a note for some that have rewards cards with a large balance. I always order my new rewards card with the minimum amount of dollars on it. I think it is $10. That way should anything happen to it en-route to me, I'm only out $10 instead of hundreds. Then once you get the card you can either call or transfer reward dollars online. It's very easy.

OP very strange indeed that it was in another envie. I've only had a white one myself. Hope it is all fine.

That's really strange, we got ours last week in a white envelope, too!

Personally, I'd take it to a Disney store and buy a gift card with it ASAP. That way if someone else took the numbers or something, they can't take your money! I'd hate for you to plan on that money for your trip and then get there and find the card balance is $0.

Everyone watching out for theirs, check return addresses to be "Westerville, Ohio"
Most of my Chase stuff comes from there (We have three cards) and thats how I always know its from them!

I haven't gotten a DDR card lately, though, so I can't remember if it comes from "Westerville, Ohio" for sure or not...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter