My Disney Planning Binder

I am trying to find some templates for our Daily plans and ADR ect.
with spacces for I have the ones from Passporters but not real happy with them I am actually wanting something different I am thinking something around 5X7 with maybe spaces for B L D show times like parades ect. park hours touring plans like start with Soarin ect. has anyone made something like that. I have been trying with out much luck on my own. Thanks so much if anyone has any ideas where I might find such pages.

I am trying to find some templates for our Daily plans and ADR ect.
with spacces for I have the ones from Passporters but not real happy with them I am actually wanting something different I am thinking something around 5X7 with maybe spaces for B L D show times like parades ect. park hours touring plans like start with Soarin ect. has anyone made something like that. I have been trying with out much luck on my own. Thanks so much if anyone has any ideas where I might find such pages.

See post #1 here.

That scrapbook is awesome. I am going to see if I can do one for our trip in Aug.

After 3 trips with the plastic 3 ring binder, I decided I needed something more compact for the car & hotel room.

And now since we are DVC I wanted something a little more classy when I walk up to check-in.

After searching for weeks for a planner I liked enough to fork out $50+ on , I found this half size 3-ring binder at Office Depot. Thinking I had seen the sheet protectors at Michales - they said they no longer carry them. So I ordered some online from Keep Filing & they are much thicker than the ones I had years before.
~today I found the half sheet protectors at my local
Office Max even though they were not on their website.

Now if I ever get the cover sewn I will post a completed pix.
P1020496.jpg

Hi everyone!
And Melani- i've been looking for a half-size three ring binder forever! That's awesome that you found one YAY! Can't wait to see how it turns out, I love your colors.

I'm going on a short trip this fall and didn't want to create a big journal for such a little trip, so for now I'm going light :) At Walmart they had.... plastic spiral bound "Folder pockets" things.... Gosh I can't figure out how to describe it. but it's the size of a folder and has 3 double sided clear pockets inside. No paper, and 8 pockets total. It's kind of boring and not much of any way to personalize it, but I did go to the scrapbooking store today for lots of cute stickers LOL.
When I get a little farther along with it and can dig out my camera, i'll post some pictures :)

Just started my planner today! So far I have made 6 dividers. It is time consuming, but I am enjoying it! I found a red Day One planner at Walmart like the one someone posted here, so that is my inspiration. :)

Thanks for all the ideas! :thumbsup2 I need a smaller planner myself! I've been using one of the portfolios that you can zip all the way around, but I don't think it will make another trip!:lmao: It's been great for keeping all my "stuff" together,but it just gets bulky and hard to carry!

I just LOVE this thread!! There are so many great ideas here. I never thought about making my own planner. I always buy a new Passporter every year I plan to go (which I love), but to have one that is resort/dining/park specific for us, that is AWSOME!! Thanks again for the great ideas!!

I'm making another binder! Actually 2 more for this upcoming trip- one for my daughter and family and one for a teenaged friend we're taking with us. Like last years' notebook (my posts about it are #51 and #72- pictures on p 5) it's part itinerary, part tips, part journal, and part activity book. This year it's also autograph book and Epcot passport! I don't need as many pages for tips since much is fresh in my mind from last year. One page per park should do. Bianca has decorated those pages with cut out pictures and stickers.

I bought a mini notebook at Target- the colors just screamed Disney to me... red cover, black spine, and yellow liner. I bought a coordinating full size notebook with a yellow cover for the final scrapbook. I put Disney stickers on the front of the cover (and one small one on the bottom back)
DSCN1167.jpg

I made section dividers with card stock. Then I punched Mickey head tabs with regular round punches. Red for daily itinerary, yellow for park sections, black for autographs. Each divider is decorated differently with stickers, stamps, themed paper, or coloring pages.
DSCN1172.jpg

DSCN1180.jpg

My daily section has a sheet outlined to quickly journal- same format copied from last year since I liked it. One side for AM, one for PM. I can put my ADR info there, too. (Ignore that I spelled Park "Fair" wrong!)

Autograph pages might be designated and themed like the one for the Fairies or Princesses (Bianca applied the stickers) or might be generic like the blue floral page for surprise characters. Each page is made of two sheets of regular weight paper adhered together so pens won't bleed through.
DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1177.jpg

I made the mushroom embellishments with punches and textured and polka dot paper and cut out the parts I wanted. I learned last year that my book might get wet (we had a lot of storms) so I used permanent ink to stamp.

An Epcot passport page. All use this type of paper except Morocco since that wasn't available so I had to get creative there with some pretty Moroccan themed tiled paper. The page has a pocket to hold the kidcot goodies (where the pen is) and a white square for the stamp. There is room also for notes on the backsides (mine or if a CM wants to write something)
DSCN1174.jpg

Now I have to get started on the big-girl's book!

OMG!! I love this idea!! You did a wonderful job!!

:worship:

Love this thread! I know I only have 2 weeks before my trip, but I'm going to attempt a planner anyway.

I am amazed at all of the creativity on this board! :worship:

Bianca- your book turned out super cute! Can't wait to see the next one! :)

The front cover and spine... I love the Mickey head button. The book was supposed to be an address book and has a round window that comes with different monogram letters to personalize it. I stamped Tink and colored her in.
DSCN1560.jpg

The inside cover and MK tab. What might I do to embelish the inside cover? I had an idea, then forgot.
DSCN1557.jpg

Autograph divider tab. Autograph pages are solid orange, teal, brown, and white card stock with a mono-color tink stamp
DSCN1555.jpg

DHS tab.
DSCN1554.jpg

Epcot Passport pages (oops I forgot to snap pics!) use these papers, cut down to size.
scrapyourtrip_2105_1262088739

scrapyourtrip_2103_64189659

Wow everyone's planners look amazing! I love this idea. I would love to do this for our trip at the end of June. I'd better get started:cutie: I also love the idea of journaling the trip what a great way to have solid memories for years and years!

Jeana

I'm making another binder! Actually 2 more for this upcoming trip- one for my daughter and family and one for a teenaged friend we're taking with us. Like last years' notebook (my posts about it are #51 and #72- pictures on p 5) it's part itinerary, part tips, part journal, and part activity book. This year it's also autograph book and Epcot passport! I don't need as many pages for tips since much is fresh in my mind from last year. One page per park should do. Bianca has decorated those pages with cut out pictures and stickers.

I bought a mini notebook at Target- the colors just screamed Disney to me... red cover, black spine, and yellow liner. I bought a coordinating full size notebook with a yellow cover for the final scrapbook. I put Disney stickers on the front of the cover (and one small one on the bottom back)
DSCN1167.jpg

I made section dividers with card stock. Then I punched Mickey head tabs with regular round punches. Red for daily itinerary, yellow for park sections, black for autographs. Each divider is decorated differently with stickers, stamps, themed paper, or coloring pages.
DSCN1172.jpg

DSCN1180.jpg

My daily section has a sheet outlined to quickly journal- same format copied from last year since I liked it. One side for AM, one for PM. I can put my ADR info there, too. (Ignore that I spelled Park "Fair" wrong!)

Autograph pages might be designated and themed like the one for the Fairies or Princesses (Bianca applied the stickers) or might be generic like the blue floral page for surprise characters. Each page is made of two sheets of regular weight paper adhered together so pens won't bleed through.
DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1177.jpg

I made the mushroom embellishments with punches and textured and polka dot paper and cut out the parts I wanted. I learned last year that my book might get wet (we had a lot of storms) so I used permanent ink to stamp.

An Epcot passport page. All use this type of paper except Morocco since that wasn't available so I had to get creative there with some pretty Moroccan themed tiled paper. The page has a pocket to hold the kidcot goodies (where the pen is) and a white square for the stamp. There is room also for notes on the backsides (mine or if a CM wants to write something)
DSCN1174.jpg

Now I have to get started on the big-girl's book!

You really did do a fabulous job with this binder! I have one question, though. What is an EPCOT passport? I can't believe I've never heard of this. I imagine that you get a stamp in each country, but I didn't know you could do this. Am I right? Do they sell books for this like they do autograph books?
TIA!

I had a beautiful planner all made out. found a binder at walmart, embellished it with really cool disney items, and then realized that it won't fit in the bag I plan on carrying at WDW!!:mad:
any suggestions? I thought about possibly printing it out on 4x6 index cards and having them bound like the autograph cards....any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

Lisa

I had a beautiful planner all made out. found a binder at walmart, embellished it with really cool disney items, and then realized that it won't fit in the bag I plan on carrying at WDW!!:mad:
any suggestions? I thought about possibly printing it out on 4x6 index cards and having them bound like the autograph cards....any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

Lisa

I leave the binder in the room.

I print ADRs, confirmation#, or other info I might want w/ me on business cards.

You can buy business card holders for binders.
Then each morning & afternoon I grab the cards for that park.
One year I laminated them & punched a hole to keep them on a book/binder ring(it opens).
But this year I just slipped them into id badge holders held together w/a ring & clipped inside my wallet/purse.

(I've never need the confirm# for an ADR, but I'm sure the one time I don't have it w/me will be the one time I need it)

Soo glad I am not the only one that is OCD over Disney planning. I also have a binder that I will take pictures of and post. Although not as creative as the ones I have seen here. :banana:

Wow, finally made it through this whole thread - great ideas to inspire me! I usually take a Disney journal book I buy through the Disney Store website, but we're going for Christmas this year and I'm in high gear planning mode since there's 18 of us going!
I decided it would be nice to make my sister a special planner and my bff one too as those are the families going with us (one for me too of course!) and surprise them with it just before we leave. I'll use a smaller journal-type book that's easy to pack. I'm going to check Walmart and the Dollar Store, and then Michael's when I go across the border this week.
I'm soooo excited, helps pass the time until our trip when I'm not on the DIS!

Just wanted to share the Disney Binder I made for our April trip. When I found this thread last year it gave me the inspiration to make one. :disrocks:

CopyofIMG_0725.jpg

CopyofIMG_0727.jpg

CopyofIMG_0728.jpg

CopyofIMG_0729.jpg

CopyofIMG_0730.jpg

CopyofIMG_0731.jpg

CopyofIMG_0732.jpg

CopyofIMG_0735.jpg

CopyofIMG_0736.jpg

CopyofIMG_0737.jpg

CopyofIMG_0738.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter