• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Disney Magic May 30th Northern Europe Cruise Trip Report

Wonderful Copenhagen!

It's sailing day! 30 May 2015. We arrived 2 days ago, Thursday afternoon, after flying non stop from San Franciso sitting on a thinly padded seat. Thank you SAS. Once past passport control and into baggage claim the first thing we spot is Sarah holding the Disney Cruise line clipboard. We check in, having bought transfers. I've hardly slept in the past 16 hours, but did grab a quick hour without two hours let before touch down. I believe transfers are the way to go. No worries, that' my mantra.

there were six of us arriving at this time for transers. We gathered our luggage and walked to the van. Nice large van that could sit six of us and all our luggage. Most were staying at the Tivoli Hotel, but the DGF and I were staying at the Radisson Blu Royal. Lovely hotel, right across from the Tivoli Gardens.
So exciting. Lovely room on the 11th floor. Overlooking the Gardens to the left. Went properly to sleep.
Woke up around seven p.m. local time. Still light out -- sun would not set for another couple hours. Walked around a couple of hours, grabbed a burger. Stayed up for a bit then went back to sleep. Exciting first day. zzzzzzzzz

Got up Friday morning at 4:30. breakfast at 6:30. Went out for a nice walk. There was a walking tour that I had read about that I knew started at 9
I am thinking on staying at that hotel. Did you like it?

I enjoyed both hotels, but as I mentioned, the Radisson Blu was right across from Tivoli Gardens and the Tourist info site. Very nice. And yes, I belive the Tivoli Congress and Tivoli Hotel are one and the same (since we stayed in both choices given to us by Disney).

I am thinking on staying at that hotel. Did you like it?
We stayed at the Radisson Blu through Disney when we went on the DCL Norwegian Fjords cruise in June 2015, and would highly recommend it. It was modern, clean, had a good staff, and a nice breakfast. The best part was its location. It was close to everything and our room overlooked Tivoli Gardens. There was a market in the same block in case you forgot any necessary supplies (or could not carry the liquids on the plane). It is also across the street from the beautiful central train station, which we could see from our room as well. The three hop-on-hop-off buses all stop right in front of the hotel.

If you return to Copenhagen, we found that the Hotel Avenue is really nice and just 4 blocks from the Forum Metro Station. But after our DCL - Norway cruise we really loved staying at the Crowne Plaza and the Metro stops right in front of it. Also it has AC, a great bar, a shuttle to the airport for 4 DK, and the huge Field's Mall is located right next door. The Mall has numerous restaurants on its top floor and of course Starbucks.

DCL - 4-day Bahamas, Dream, 2014
DCL - 14-day WBPC, Wonder, 2015
DCL - 7-day Norway Fjords, Magic, 2016
DCL - 7-day Northern Europe, Magic 2017

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter