My Disney film project

mattb87

Earning My Ears
Hi all --

Recently, I decided to watch all Disney 50 animated classics in chronological order (leading up to "Tangled" in November). Mostly, it was because I had kind of lost touch with why I originally fell in love with Disney movies in the first place. I grew up with a very Disney childhood, but have since drifted away a bit. My mom and I even used to go to all of the Disneyana Conventions at Disney World each year. I went to my first one when I was 9. I just graduated from college, though, and am looking for ways to entertain myself while waiting for my job to start. I thought that watching all of the Disney classics would be a fun way to re-connect with my Disney childhood.

I started a blog to document my journey through Disney history: thedisney50.wordpress.com

I'd appreciate you all checking it out and joining me on this project. All comments and such are welcome! Or, if you have any ideas as to how I can better enrich my project, I'd love to hear those too.

Thanks!

Matt

Cool idea Matt. I own all but a few of the Disney animated classics and some select live action titles. I watch one about once a week mixing them up between the older & newer titles.:earsboy:

I've just started following your blog and am looking forward to reading your opinions on the rest of the films! My boyfriend bought Saludos Amigos recently and I'm a bit hesitant to watch it too. I hope you enjoy it!

Do you have a favorite? What about non-animated classics, like Bedknobs and Broomsticks or this year's version of Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton?

Do you have a favorite? What about non-animated classics, like Bedknobs and Broomsticks or this year's version of Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton?

It's hard to say. I always loved Cinderella, for some reason. I'm also pretty partial to Beauty and the Beast and Tarzan. What about you?

I'm up to Saludos Amigos on the blog, if anyone wants to check it out!

Hi all --

Recently, I decided to watch all Disney 50 animated classics in chronological order (leading up to "Tangled" in November). Mostly, it was because I had kind of lost touch with why I originally fell in love with Disney movies in the first place. I grew up with a very Disney childhood, but have since drifted away a bit. My mom and I even used to go to all of the Disneyana Conventions at Disney World each year. I went to my first one when I was 9. I just graduated from college, though, and am looking for ways to entertain myself while waiting for my job to start. I thought that watching all of the Disney classics would be a fun way to re-connect with my Disney childhood.

I started a blog to document my journey through Disney history: thedisney50.wordpress.com

I'd appreciate you all checking it out and joining me on this project. All comments and such are welcome! Or, if you have any ideas as to how I can better enrich my project, I'd love to hear those too.

Thanks!

Matt
I should do that to. I have most, if not all disney animated movies on tape in my basement or the newer ones on DVD

I'm doing the same thing over at my blog (shameless plug) although not in any particular order (although I'm attempting to do an "oldie" then something more "modern" and meeting somewhere in the middle at the conclusion) and with a slightly different set-up. That being said, I look forward to checking out your thoughts.

I've already been pleasantly surprised by finding a film that didn't really hold a place in heart before I started, but I now consider a fantastic film -- Bambi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter