My Disney Experience app buggy at parks

kqlehman

Earning My Ears
I was in WDW the first week of May. I installed the My Disney Experience app a few weeks before departing and had no issues using it to view my FastPass and reservations. When we arrived in Florida, I still had no trouble.

But when we got on the trolley to go from the parking lot to Animal Kingdom, the app couldn't connect. I tried using Disney wifi and I tried turning off wifi. No dice. Hours later, it started to work. I had the same experience 2 days later at Magic Kingdom.

I don't know if my experience was just a fluke, but my advice is to screen shot your FastPass selections so that if the app isn't working, you can still see what time you need to be places.

It's always been my experience that it's been buggy in the parks, my son swears it's my phone and his works fine. It could also depend on who you have your service with. We use Verizon and get fairly good service but like I said, mine can be spotty.

I have AT&T and it was horrible trying to use the app. Wifi was spotty (being generous here), and service wasn't great.
I ended up taking screen shots of all of our plans from the app.

I always took a screenshot of my FP times for the day and made that my wallpaper for the day so that I didn't have to use battery or take the time to connect when I wanted to just double check something.

I also found that while the app was quirky, connecting to MDE through the Safari browser worked very well.

I think the app is just buggy period. We just use the website. Even that can be really slow.

we have Verizon and we never had problems. Granted, I had the WIFI turned off and only used Data for checking MDE becuase the WIFI is so spotty and rarely works well at the parks with everyone on it.

I also did as a PP above did and screen shot all of my days Iteneray from MDE and made it my background. Works well!

I also did as a PP above did and screen shot all of my days Iteneray from MDE and made it my background. Works well![/QUOTE]
I always took a screenshot of my FP times for the day and made that my wallpaper for the day so that I didn't have to use battery or take the time to connect when I wanted to just double check something.

I also found that while the app was quirky, connecting to MDE through the Safari browser worked very well.

Great suggestions. Thanks for sharing. Simple ideas I didn't even think about last time. Probably save on battery life too.

I have sprint. Never had a problem at home, but of course when I get to the parks the app gives me problems. Of course :sad2:

I have everything in the Touring Plans App so everything is duplicated. I don't know if you need to buy the membership to use it since I had the membership[ when I started to use it.

GREAT idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter