My Disney Christmas monorail display

Awesome. :worship::worship:

I can't wait to set up my tree and copy you.

Just love it.

I'm impressed. I have the train set and some of the buildings. HMMM.

I'm getting inspired for Xmas.:thumbsup2

There's nothing I enjoy more than riding the Ferris Wheel when I visit Walt Disney World. ;)

Thought I would share with all of you one of the things I enjoy doing as a hobby and that is collecting a lot of the Disney World/Disneyland monorail merchandise. Every year I display it all under our tree. Here are some shots from my 2012 display:

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

I'm working on a Disney train garden. I have the Sears Town Square Playset (Currently building), the Disney Railroad Station, the Disney HO Train Set, and the Astro Orbiter. I'll be getting the Castle playset soon. I also have the Coral Monorail bought at Disney World this year.

Anyone know how to fix the Astro Orbiter ? Mine doesn't spin.

Hi AJ, welcome to the Dis! Would love to see some pics of your setup (I think you need 10 posts before you can put up pics).

I have a Dumbo playset toy that doesn't spin, or works only intermittently. Pretty sure it's the same assembly as the Astro Orbiter. The Dumbo problem has something to do with the plastic gears that get out of alignment. If I push down on the platform--and hold my mouth just right--it works. Unfortunately, I have zero skills for addressing the problem.

Somewhere here on the Dis is a person who modifies the monorail motor to run better, perhaps he or she could help with the AO? It's been a few years since I've seen the thread, search and you'll likely find it.:earsboy:

I have Space Mountain and EPCOT. Lots of Monorail tracks.
Grand Floridian. 4-5 Monorails including Original Red.
Want to buy some stuff?

That is so cool. I never thought about putting the monorail around the tree. We put the Walt Disney Railroad around our tree every year.

WOW, that is very nice!!!! It was obviously well worth the time to put your display together!!!!

Subbing in. I have just the black monorail nothing special around it. Assembled a circle track only. But modified the monorail with HID White LEDs in the front. Strobe light on rear car nose. Then lastly for now installed a 9volt battery instead of the 3volt original. The monorail moves like it should with speed to scale.

I set my monorail up under the tree. Nothing elaborate here, but thanks so much to HPCrazy for the neat display suggestion. :thumbsup2

3c86ae1b-090d-40b6-a910-bdeebcd4aa8d_zpsfe5eaa00.jpg

I'm working on a Disney train garden. I have the Sears Town Square Playset (Currently building), the Disney Railroad Station, the Disney HO Train Set, and the Astro Orbiter. I'll be getting the Castle playset soon. I also have the Coral Monorail bought at Disney World this year.

Anyone know how to fix the Astro Orbiter ? Mine doesn't spin.

Hi AJ. This is a long shot, but would you still have the instructions to the Sears Town Square Playset? Please contact me if you can. Thank you.

Hi AJ. This is a long shot, but would you still have the instructions to the Sears Town Square Playset? Please contact me if you can. Thank you.

Hi RShannie, Welcome to the Dis! Please note that the message from AJ was 2013--It looks like they haven't been back since then. Good luck with your search from the instructions. :earsboy:

Holy cow that is awesome. My neices and nephews thought we were hot stuff for just having the monorail under the tree

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter