My dining reviews from May 11 - 16, 2006 ~ WITH PICTURES!

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
I have to say that overall, the food just didn't thrill me on this trip, except for a couple of highlights which were actually VERY good. Nothing was particularly "bad", but a few things that I thought would be great were just "ok".

I am going to give each meal a rating of 1 to 5 Mickey heads ::MickeyMo

Ok, in chronological order:

Jiko - dinner ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

The Bacon-arugula tomato flatbread was OUTSTANDING.

P1010075.JPG

The cucumber tomato salad with watermelon dressing was wonderful. It actually tasted better and better with each bite!

P1010076.JPG

The filet mignon with macaroni & cheese was very, very good.

P1010079.JPG

Desserts: some kind of sundae and a creme brulee'

P1010081.JPG

P1010082.JPG

Edited to add:

Can't forget the wonderful African wine!

P1010074.JPG

NEXT UP: 'Ohana - breakfast

Thanks for the review and the great pictures, keep them coming this is making me hungry.

Well what can I say, this was a character breakfast, how good could it possibly be?? :confused3

I was actually surprised at just how fresh the food was at this meal. The scrambled eggs were light and fluffy, the Mickey waffles were just right (I imagined they'd be hard hockey pucks!), the seasoned potatoes were not at all greasy, the fruit plate was filled with sweet, fresh fruit. We had a wonderful server and the characters were all very attentive, too.

I rated this character breakfast: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

P1010108.JPG

P1010115.JPG

P1010120.JPG

UP NEXT: Casey's Hot Dog

OOH LOVE the pictures! That mac and cheese under the filet is rather unusual? but it all looks yummy so far- and we are doing that character breakfast so glad to hear that it was ok. keep it coming... Casey is another one we have just discovered last trip- anxious to hear what you thought.

OK totally Off topic but Metsfan I can't believe your team just kick the yankees butts! *yankee fan here. :cheer2: GREAT game though. Can't wait until tomorrow... Ok now back to the food
hot dogs please

:wizard: OMG this is great! Thanks for your reviews, can't wait for more!

The pix are great and helps us compare. Please also include what wasn't up to par. Never been to Casey's, so I'm looking forward to that. We had a similar Jiko meal in March. Jiko will always deserve that 5 head rating!

Alan :thumbsup2

We had never been to Casey's before; we were having too much in the MK to leave to go lunch at the Whispering Canyon at the WL, so we ducked into Casey's and grabbed a couple of hot dogs. They were good. lol

P1010141.JPG

The hot dog gets ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

The fries get no Mickeys at all; they were soggy and greasy and gross.

Overall, I give Casey's ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo because the hot dog made up for the terrible fries.

By the way, here is what the Mickey heads mean:

1 ::MickeyMo Terrible, but edible

2 ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo Less than average, but not terrible

3 ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo A solid "good" meal

4 ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo Very good meal

5 ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo Excellent meal

UP NEXT: Boma - dinner

This was our first time ever at Boma, and after all I'd read here on the Boards, I honestly didn't know what to expect, or whether I'd find a lot that I liked.

I am so sorry that I can't remember the names of most of these dishes! But I do remember that one of the soups was Chicken Corn Porridge, it was very good.

P1010160.JPG

The pasta salad in the above picture was good, too. The corn was just ok.

This is John's plate and contains salmon, chicken, and marinated sirloin steak:
P1010162.JPG

This is my plate and had "potatoes with Afritude" (what a cute name. lol), chicken, couscous, and the same marinated sirloin. I liked the potatoes and the chicken. I didn't care for the flavor of the marinade that the sirloin was in, but it wasn't bad, just not a flavor I enjoyed much.
P1010163.JPG

Oh! I almost forgot, in the above picture you can see the salad I had, which was good, lots of nice field greens, but what made it amazing was the wonderful balsamic dressing! YUM!!!

A plate of desserts, including the infamous Zebra Dome, fruit tarts, some sort of chocolate crunch mousse (I didn't care for it at all), a mango merangue tart, and a wonderful "Everest" cake made with Amarula. It was a dense cake and had the look of a spice cake, and it was WONDERFUL. The dab of hardened white icing on the top was very good, too.
P1010173.JPG

This plate shows what the inside of a Zebra Dome looks like. LOL The Zebra Dome was so much softer than I had imagined; it was very, very soft and light!
P1010174.JPG

I give Boma's dinner an overall rating of ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo Our server was very good at this meal, too.

NEXT UP: 50's Prime Time Cafe

I love this thread with the pictures. I have ADR's at some of these places and it is reassuring to see the pics. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I'm planning for December. Is Jiko worth two table service credits with the Dining Plan? It's either Boma then Hollywood Brown Derby at Studios, or Jiko then Hollywood & Vine.

Yay! I love seeing the inside of the zebra dome! Those little things intrugue me. I can't wait to taste one!

Great idea - thanks for posting it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter