I get to make my dining reservations on 9/27, this is what I have:

Chef Mickey
Princess Akershus
La Cellier
Ohana
Hollywood Envine
California Grill
Coral Reef

we had planned to do all dinners and one breakfast, at Chef Mickey.

Reviews?! I keep second guessing myself...

Thank you!

Chef Mickey
Princess Akershus
La Cellier
Ohana
Hollywood Envine
California Grill
Coral Reef

Thank you!

Mickey's - is good to experience at least once
Akershus - Good princess interaction as an alternative to the castle
La Cellier - I SOOO want to do this one, but the kids always vote me down and the wife tends to vote with them. So you tell me afterwards what you thought :)

Ohana - LOVE this place. Dinner is good, but we love the Lilo & Stitch breakfast.

Hollywood & Vine - I thought personally that Breakfast was better than Dinner. For dinner at Hollywood studios we like Mama Melrose ( although it gets mixed reviews on here)

California Grill - Have not gone here

Coral Reef - I was not impressed. I thought the food was a step down from our local Red Lobster, but maybe we just had a bad experience.

That is my 2 cents

thank you so much!

i have been kinda iffy on Coral Reef, I have read alot of good reviews but it seems like latley there are more bad reviews than good..

Chef Mickey - I wasnt impressed with the food, poor quality. But its good to try this place at least once in your life. Characters are great!
Princess Akershus - never tried. I have a son. Lol.
La Cellier - This place is over rated. I had a much better steak at Cali Grill....even at teppan edo! But again, its worth a shot at least once. Many ppl love this place.
Ohana - cannot go wrong with ohana.
Hollywood & vine
California Grill - OMG this place is truly from heaven. I had the best steak EVER in my life at Cali Grill. So flavourful and tender, just amazing.
Coral Reef - never tried it but would love to! Love the atmosphere!

I like your selections. Akershus was good for the characters and not really the food. The food was alright, I guess, but I did the breakfast. But not having to stand in line so my niece could get pictures with the princesses made this worth it (we were on dining plan).

Coral Reef was a disappointment through and through, I wish I could say more about it. The food wasn't good in my opinion. I had wanted to get a seat by the fish tank but I'm glad I didn't as the poor people who did get those tables had people coming up and hovering around their table to get pictures of the fish, it would have made me uncomfortable. I Just didn't like it at all.

Our last trip we ate at 4 of the restaurants on your list and had a good experience at each one.
-Chef Mickey's is very loud but the food (breakfast ) was fine and the characters are great. Got seated right away, just know that the picture they try to sell you is taken with a statue of Mickey but you can take your own pics with the real deal when he comes by your table.
-Akershus (breakfast) also good, princesses make the experience worth it. We did have to wait an extra 1/2 hour to be seated even though our reservation was at opening. Also it is all you care to eat but you have to wait for the server to bring it to the table.
-Coral Reef (dinner) we liked, I'm not big on seafood but wife & kids are and had no problems with the food. We were seated early and with a nice view of the fish "tank". Our waiter was also great.
-Le Cellier (dinner) they did their best to seat us even though we arrived 30 minutes late (park hopping, waited forever for a bus, huge line at epcot gate, and then ran all the way through the park carrying my 5yr old daughter). Meal was very good, wife loved her steak. Only dissapointment was the "chocolate moose" dessert.

The only issue I've had with any of the places you list is Hollywood and Vine. We've eaten there twice for dinner. Both times had VERY disappointing meals. Let me put it this way: ever gone to a buffet and left hungry? We did:sad2:

Chef Mickey
Princess Akershus
La Cellier
Ohana
Hollywood Envine
California Grill
Coral Reef

Thank you!

Can't comment on them all but we really enjoyed Le Cellier and O'Hana! And if character interaction is your goal, I think you've made great choices in the others! Have fun and quit second guessing yourself! If you don't get a 4 star meal, will it ruin your vacation? Of course not! It's just food! Relax and enjoy!

Chef Mickey - I wasnt impressed with the food, poor quality. But its good to try this place at least once in your life. Characters are great!
Princess Akershus - never tried. I have a son. Lol.
La Cellier - This place is over rated. I had a much better steak at Cali Grill....even at teppan edo! But again, its worth a shot at least once. Many ppl love this place.
Ohana - cannot go wrong with ohana.
Hollywood & vine
California Grill - OMG this place is truly from heaven. I had the best steak EVER in my life at Cali Grill. So flavourful and tender, just amazing.
Coral Reef - never tried it but would love to! Love the atmosphere!

After returning last year having taken two young girls 7-8. Nieces are telling my nephew now 22 took him when he was 18 how they did all these princess meals. Nephew turns and looks at me and says you didn't take me to a princess meal.

Just thought I would put in my 2 cents...
We were not impressed at all with Hollywood & Vine. Same for Coral Reef EXCEPT that it is such a cool atmosphere.
Ohana is totally awesome! It is a must-do for my family every trip.

Good luck getting all your ADRs next week!

I have been reading more and more bad reviews about Hollywood & VIne, I think I am going to pick something else.

Thank you everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter