• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MY Dh thinks i'm nuts

seashell996

Mouseketeer
:confused3 I would like to put money on our room now (poly club level:) to make sure we get one) but he says we are going in Oct 2011 all the rooms aren't going to get book yet! And I would like to get my adrs done:love:and i thinks I'm crazy. Is there a problem with this help me :cheer2:and I want to do a charcter dinner/breakfast

ADR'S can only be made 180 days in advance. You will have to count down your days and have all your plans made in advance.

No, you are not crazy. We are not going again until June 2012 and I am ready to book now.........................

Well you wont be able to start ADRs for another 8 months or so and that will be the same time you will be able to see park hours and such. I would pick some places you want to eat but not worry about making a schedule for quite a while.

Personally, I can't see booking a vacation 14 months in advance but since you are booking a room only, I don't see the harm in making the reservation now so you can get the room you want. You can't make ADRs for another 7/8 months but you can plan them out with or without the resort reservation.

We usually go in late May or early June. I like to book as soon as the rates are released (which should be any time for next year :)). There is a certain peace of mind to having things booked, even if they're not paid for! I like to have it booked so I can then focus on my ADRs. Once they're made, I then relax a bit & just focus on the more "fun" aspects of the trip because the "work" part is done. My DH see no reason to book 2011's vacation before 2011! I've told him that, for our dates, the ADR window opens before January so I need to book before January. I usually just go ahead & book it, pay my $200 deposit but not worry about paying it off until after the first of the year. It's our version of a compromise. I get my booking done for my peace of mind & he doesn't complain because we're not paying for it yet. He would probably throw a fit if I were looking at next October already but I'm sure I would book it as soon as the package prices are released anyway! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter