My dd's were never able to dress up for

cmputerdazed

<font color=green>I love the way you call it sleep
disneyland when they were young. Mainly we only go about every ten years. They would love to do a princess tea party or dinner with the nieces. Is there somewhere around disney where we could do that and all of us young and old dress up? I am thinking about somewhere in downtown disney or around where we would be staying.

Dress up as characters you mean? Unless it's a Halloween party, adults are unfortunately not allowed to dress up (the rule is 9 and under).

While the rule applies to the parks, I think Disney would push back if an adult walked around DtD or the hotels dressed like an actual Disney princess. However, I have seen teens walking around in tutus that were not specific to any Disney character.

Maybe look for a hotel or tea room that does a high tea somewhere near Anaheim and you can all do that if you want to wear princess costumes. I found this one on Yelp, though I have no idea if it's the best or closest option. http://www.yelp.com/biz/tea-and-teacups-yorba-linda

Yes that is what we wanted. Somewhere we could dress up and have our own princess party without breaking any rules. SMD I will check that place out. Thanks.

If you are willing to go farther afield, the Queen Mary does a high tea that looks amazing on their website site. I haven't actually been but if we weren't going this summer for my DS bday, my DD and I would be having a tea party :)

Now that is a cool idea!!!!

Not quite the same, but a couple of friends and I went to DLR last September and stayed in the Fairytale Suite. We're all over 50, btw. We decided if we were in the FTS, then we were princesses so we all had tiaras and wore them everywhere! They got a kick out of us in the concierge lounge.

So you COULD dress up in whatever kind of gown you liked that wasn't a specific princess costume, wear a tiara, and you'd be fine in any restaurant in DLR. We did!! The younger ones (assuming they're under 10) could wear princess costumes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter