• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My daughters friend stole her ipod

gilby

DIS Veteran
My daughter had a friend over night on friday, she hid her ipod so the friend wouldn't take it. Guess what it was missing on sat. morning. She texted her friend on sat do you know where my ipod is, her response I didn't even know you had one. Her friend left a sweatshirt, so we returned it on sat. afternoon and I said to the mom. My daughter is missing her ipod and her response was, yeah ____ has it. She returned it. She will never be allowed to stay at our house. Makes me sick. My daughter paid for it with her own money. We also had her name engraved on the back with her middle name too. So there is proof right there its my daughters.

That really sucks to have a "friend" you can't trust. :sad1: How old are the girls? I'm glad she got the Ipod back, though!

I don't think I would have anyone over to my house that I knew that I had to hide things in advance. Evidently the mom knows she has a problem too.

I'm happy to hear she got it back, I hope that mom gets that girl in some sort of therapy immediately!

Stories like this make me sick. Glad she got it back. Not much of a "friend" to begin with if she had to hide it before hand too.

If my son had a 'friend' that needed to have things hidden in order not to steal them, that child would not be coming into my house.

We had a garage sale one time. When it was slow in the afternoon, we were more careless about watching the money when no customers were around. My son's 7 year old friend took about $80. I had totalled the money at the end of the day and realized i was short (had to keep track of it due to multiple families). Thank goodness his dad found it in his backpack the next day and returned it. We realized he had been taking little things all along; we thought we'd just misplaced them. Needless to say, that friend is never allowed to come inside my home!

One of my daughter's friends stole money from her room before, too. I don't think it was a sleepover, I think she had just been over playing. She stole $30 that DD had earned having a lemonade stand. DD asked her for it, but she told her she didn't take it and her parents didn't care. Things were tight with their family, though, so I didn't make an issue out of it, but that girl never came in my house again.

Thats stinks and is a big concern to us right now.

DD is making new friends at HS and we have them over all the time. With DMs hair salon on the first floor and us haveing so much expensive stuff just laying around it's a real concern.

I refuse to hide or lock up things but do a quick inventory of sight when they leave. So far so good I do think a few years ago a family friends kids took DDs nintendoDS and some games. We have a hugh X-mas parade that goes right in front of the House and have many in and out all day. I saw him with ine a few months later that had an area that looked like a pulled off sticker of Tink that DD had on hers. We don't invite them to the Parade anymore.

Sounds like the mom was very nonchalant about it.. I hope she does something! Either she straighten that girl up now while there is time or she might end up picking her up from the police station one day. :(

My daughter had a friend over night on friday, she hid her ipod so the friend wouldn't take it.

I'm glad that she got it back but have to ask why you would allow a "friend" to sleep over that you need to hide your valuables from.

With friends like those.....:confused3

They are 15. I didn't know that my daughter hid it on friday until after it showed up missing on sat. She knows now, she isn't a good friend and doesn't want to hang out with her anymore.

my daughters friend stole a nintendo DS needless to say they arent friends no more. The mom had the audasity to be the one to say she could not be friends with my girls , go figure

I don't think I would have anyone over to my house that I knew that I had to hide things in advance. Evidently the mom knows she has a problem too.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad your daughter got it back but my goodness, that is not the sort of friend you need. I know everyone is saying that child would never be allowed in my house again, and I agree, but I would also worry about letting them go somewhere together. If she feels so nonchalant about stealing from a friend, I highly doubt she would have any issues shoplifting or something else, and dragging your DD down with her. Just a thought

The fact she knew she had to hide from her "friend" is very telling. And, was the mother that nonchalant about her daughter stealing from your daughter? That tells me all I need to know about the family. My sons friends never stole from them. It was the kids that weren't their friends that they had to watch at school. We did have a teenage babysitter steal cash from one of our sons when he was about 6 and I never used her again. Cash is much harder to prove when it's missing. It's just appalling and very sad how many people think that just because they want something they can just take it.

I'm glad she got it back, and it sounds like a lesson learned about "friends" like that. I agree, she wouldn't come back!!

Gilby: The ipods are so popular these days and are difficult to tell apart from someone else's... you should get it engraved with her name or something.

DD15 got an iPod Touch for her birthday back in November. She didn't even have it a month before it went missing from her purse at school. :sad2:

My teenage sister steals from us. I finally got sick of it, and we said something to my parents. My mom got mad at me, but I gave her a list of what we've had missing. The sad part is that my parents found a good many of the items I had listed in my sister's room. Get ready for what they told me. They said my dd15 was the one who stole the stuff and hid it in my sister's room to set her up. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter