My daughter won a $500 Shopping Spree!!!

disneyw/kids

Mouseketeer
We just returned from WDW and my 6 year old had a dream come true while at the MK from the Dream Team! She was riding the Carousel with my Mother in Law and my mom while I was getting fast passes for Buzz Lightyear. There was a woman with a blue vest on standing behind my daughter on the Carousel watching her the whole time my Mother in Law said. When the ride ended she asked them to come with her over by the Tinkerbell store and there were 6 disney reps. that were dressed in regular business attire and announced that as part of the Million Dreams give away she had won a $ 500 shopping spree at the Emporium on Main street. They took us to Guest services and sat us in an office where I signed all of the paperwork. Then after lunch we met a Dream Squad member in front of the store and they had 10 ladies from the store with baskets in hand to help my daughter shop. I have never seen her sooo excited. The touching thing was that she shared the experience with her 4 year old sister and they both went crazy in the store. It was a wonderful experience for them both. We are Annual Passholders and had been to WDW with my husband in Nov and never once saw any "Dreams" being granted. This time it was an all girls trip and it made the trip one to never be forgotten. They also gave us 2 fastpass coupons since we missed our Buzz Lightyear time due to shopping.
The paper work we signed said they were giving away 130 $500 shopping sprees during the year and 6 have been awarded since Oct.

Dec2007039.jpg

Congrats to you and your family. Spill the beans, what did the kids get?

Ohhhhhh I am so happy for you and your dd, I am also soooo happy that someone on the DIS won so we got to hear about it.

Just a side wonder of my odd ball brain:
I wonder if your dd was picked already or the CM was listening to see if she was being good etc.
I only wonder because my 6 year old seems to think the wold revolves around her these days and has been such a braty little stinker.

Just a side wonder of my odd ball brain:
I wonder if your dd was picked already or the CM was listening to see if she was being good etc.
I only wonder because my 6 year old seems to think the wold revolves around her these days and has been such a braty little stinker.

The location is picked and then it is pure luck as to who is there. The information the Dream Squad gets tells them exactlly where to go, what time to be there and who to award. In this situation it would say something like at 12:15pm award Shopping spree to the guest that is riding Cinderella's horse on the Carousel in Fantasyland. They would go to the carousel about 5 minutes early (so it may look like they are scoping it out, but they are not) and at exactlly the time stated they will note who is on the horse that was picked and then award the prize.

Congrats to your daughter, that is awesome...can you imagine being 6 and getting to buy whatever you want from Disney!!!!

WOW!!!:dance3: Talk about a dream for a little girl. I know how excited she must have been, based on how my girls would have reacted. She will never forget that. Best thing, though, is that she shared with her little sister. I could only hope that my girls would do the same for their sisters. That says alot about how you have raised her. Congrats to you as well.:thumbsup2

That is awesome! How fun! What did she buy?

Allyson :)

This was soooo great.
I am glad she shared. I would alos love to hear what she bought.
I can't imagine all the goodies my kids would splurge on!!!

How awesome was that!!! My DD would absolutely freak for a shopping spree!!! Congratulations!!

What a wonderful thing to happen! Congratulations to your daughter.

That is great what a great gift for a pair of small girls.

We recieved our Dream from a small girl ( 2 or 3) at the airport store she was given the pair of Tink pins and gave the one to DD as we were the only ones in the store. It was very nice of her as DD was really wanting that Dream for her collection.

That is so great! I think it is so sweet that she shared with her sister. I think (hope) my boys would share also.
Katie
4 days till WDW!:cool1:

wow that is magical!

:wizard:

and what a great thing for her to do for her sis!! Thats what family is all about!!

WTG!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter