My daughter needs creative families for Flat Stanley to visit!

tarmand

DIS Cast Member<br><font color="red"> duh duh duh
Edited to add that my daughter's 2nd grade teacher said that anyone who wanted to participate will get a Stanley. She is super excited about this and wants as many addresses as we can get!

My daughter has to have three families in other states that can host her Flat Stanley.

Would any DIS families outside of Louisiana like to participate? You would have to show Flat Stanley around your area. Each host would keep him for a short visit and then send him back telling us something about their city and the exciting things Flat Stanley saw or did while he was there. Some Flat Stanleys have come back dressed in clothing from the area, with souvenirs, area-appropriate momentos, travel brochures, photos, and postcards. Sounds like fun for someone who likes to goof around! Oh, our Stanley said he'd love to go on vacation with you too!

Hi! I am going to message you my address. If Alabama is a place your daughter thinks Flat Stanley would enjoy, then by all means, I'd love to send one your way. My class is doing Flat Stanley too, and we have had some very interesting ones come our way.

Dawn

When does Stanley have to be returned to class?

They will send him to the first person on the list, he will visit for a few days to see some sights, then he will be returned to the school. Once he is returned, he will head out for his next adventure. Each student will be using the same Flat Stanley for the entire time.

Hi! I am going to message you my address. If Alabama is a place your daughter thinks Flat Stanley would enjoy, then by all means, I'd love to send one your way. My class is doing Flat Stanley too, and we have had some very interesting ones come our way.

Dawn

We are great with Alabama! I just posted on your thread, I think, that you can send him to Louisiana if you still need our state.

If you want Stanley to see up North and the foliage let me know!

I think Stanley would love the North! Maybe he can bring back a leaf or two. Thanks!

Any of you who are interested can PM me your address and I'll add you to the list. We have to have three names, but can have up to five.

Thanks again!

I'm on the WI/IL border, if that area appeals to you (technically I'm in WI). We already did this once for my nephew and came up with some really fun ideas. Flat Stanley went to the movie and played video games, he posed in front of the WI/IL state signs, but I think my nephew's class most enjoyed the fact that Stanley had to do chores. The photo of him cleaning the toilet was a HUGE hit! :rotfl2:

Tammie, we are just down the road from you in Louisiana but wanted to share a potential site for Stanley to visit. My youngest DD sent Stanley to Washington, D.C. to visit Senator Landrieu. Her staff took him to their Christmas Party where he obviously had a great time by seeing him in the pictures. He also had fun sitting in Senator Landrieu's chair when she was off for an official vote. I think that he liked making the chair twirl around. I understood from her staff that he has visited previously & is welcomed back.

I live in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba. Pretty much the center of Canada. (just north of North Dakota) If you're interested I would love to do it. :goodvibes

Hi!
We would love a visit from Flat Stanley in NW Arkansas! Just let me know if he would be interested in stopping by. We are in Bentonville, so we could go to the Walmart home office, original Walmart store and the new Crystal Bridges Museum opens on 11/11/11.
Sunny

Tammie, we are just down the road from you in Louisiana but wanted to share a potential site for Stanley to visit. My youngest DD sent Stanley to Washington, D.C. to visit Senator Landrieu. Her staff took him to their Christmas Party where he obviously had a great time by seeing him in the pictures. He also had fun sitting in Senator Landrieu's chair when she was off for an official vote. I think that he liked making the chair twirl around. I understood from her staff that he has visited previously & is welcomed back.

That would be awesome! Do you know how we send him there?

We would love to host Flat Stanley here in PA! My younger daughter is reading the Flat Stanley series right now so I know she would be really into showing him around. We live right next to Lake Erie.

Also we leave for Disney in four days :woohoo: so I was thinking maybe you could send it to us there at our resort. I don't know if that is something you would be comfortable doing but we would definitely show Stanley a good time. We are at POFQ from 10/30-11/5.

PM me and let me know if either of those things works for you!

Hi!
We would love a visit from Flat Stanley in NW Arkansas! Just let me know if he would be interested in stopping by. We are in Bentonville, so we could go to the Walmart home office, original Walmart store and the new Crystal Bridges Museum opens on 11/11/11.
Sunny

I'd love to send him there. I have sent the teacher an email telling her that we have way more than three families. If it's okay with you, I'd love to provide your address for students who don't get any addresses. PM your address if you'd like to participate. Thanks!

This thread makes me smile. :goodvibes

Me too!

I can help with Florida and Michigan if you need it.

If you'd be willing to help with another Stanley in the class, we would love to send a Stanley your way! This is so exciting, my daughter and I might have to keep Stanley moving after the project is over. :goodvibes Please PM your address if you would like to help us. Thanks!

In good ol' Kentucky here. Let me know if he would like to make a trip my way!

Sure! Please PM your address and we will put Kentucky on the list for a Stanley visit! Thanks for helping.

I live in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba. Pretty much the center of Canada. (just north of North Dakota) If you're interested I would love to do it. :goodvibes

Wow, International Stanley! We definitley want to send Stanley. Can you PM me your address? Thanks!

We live in Memphis if you are interested pm me. :)

Oooh, Stanley in Elvis' hometown. I love it!

I'm on the WI/IL border, if that area appeals to you (technically I'm in WI). We already did this once for my nephew and came up with some really fun ideas. Flat Stanley went to the movie and played video games, he posed in front of the WI/IL state signs, but I think my nephew's class most enjoyed the fact that Stanley had to do chores. The photo of him cleaning the toilet was a HUGE hit! :rotfl2:

Oh, I love your ideas! Can you please PM me your address so our Stanley can clean your toilet too? :rotfl:

Thanks to all of you for your help. I knew the DIS would come through for us!

If you, or any other Flat Stanley families who might be reading this thread, still need volunteers, he's more than welcome to accompany us to Disney World for Thanksgiving! We have many things planned he'd be sure to have fun with - I'll stand in line for character photos! ;)

If you, or any other Flat Stanley families who might be reading this thread, still need volunteers, he's more than welcome to accompany us to Disney World for Thanksgiving! We have many things planned he'd be sure to have fun with - I'll stand in line for character photos! ;)

Ooh, yes, that would be awesome! You have to be on the list! Can you PM me your address?

Man, this is so cool. I'm going to offer to buy the stamps and envelopes so that we can sent Stanley everywhere. At this point, if you would like Stanley to visit, please PM me your address and I'll put you on the list. My daughter and I would enjoy doing this together and will keep Stanley going even after the project ends.

If anyone needs to send a Stanley to someone, we would also be happy to help. We could take Stanley to see alligators like the Swamp People. :rotfl: He could meet Mike the Tiger at LSU. I'm a crafter and do many festivals so he could enjoy some local culture.

We would love to host Flat Stanley here in PA! My younger daughter is reading the Flat Stanley series right now so I know she would be really into showing him around. We live right next to Lake Erie.

Also we leave for Disney in four days :woohoo: so I was thinking maybe you could send it to us there at our resort. I don't know if that is something you would be comfortable doing but we would definitely show Stanley a good time. We are at POFQ from 10/30-11/5.

PM me and let me know if either of those things works for you!

I don't think they are sending out the Stanleys until November 1st, but since Stanley is going to Florida with another DISer, we would love for him to see PA. I'll PM you for your address. Thanks! If your daughter would like to send a Flat Stanley our way, we'd love to have him visit too. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter