My daughter is turning 5 years old at WDW in March

SongFam

Earning My Ears
It's also her first time at a Disney park. Is there anything I can do to make it a more magical experience than the average WDW trip?
We are staying at the Art of Animation resort and spending 4 days at the parks. THANKS!

I would keep it simple and not stress over this. A 5 year old on her first trip to DWorld is having a magical experience. Just get a birthday pin and a princess tiara or something like that. Or, an it's my birthday t-shirt. Don't fall into the trap of trying to have a more magical experience than everyone else.

Last edited:
You could check out Etsy and get her a cute Disney "It's my birthday" shirt for her to wear on her actual bday!

It is going to be magical no matter what. If you plan to do a character meal, maybe schedule that on her birthday. Or plan to do the rides she is most excited to try that day. You can't go wrong; there is literally magic around every corner even on the "average" WDW trip. As a first timer, she will be blown away regardless. Or, you might want to consider paying extra for a pirates and pals Wishes cruise, or the new Tiana Riverboat dessert party coming to MK if those are things she'd be interested in. I don't think spending extra money is necessary, however, given that it's her first trip and nothing is going to feel commonplace or "been there, done that" to her.

We took our middle daughter to WDW for a 5th birthday trip and we did BBB at the castle on her actual birthday. She loved it!

I responded to your other thread on this with some suggestions, it's just bit further down on this same page.

When my DS was younger we hired an outside florist to come in and decorate the room while we were gone for the day. It was a package deal with gifts included and it was amazing!

We asked the staff at the character meal to sing Happy Birthday, and the characters did. And they signed a bday card at the meal. We stayed at AoA too, and told the desk staff, who also had Mickey and friends sign a card and left in the room for us.
And, just getting the Birthday Pin brought all kinds of extra attention every where we turned. Lol

I am of the opinion that a birthday at Disney is special enough. Sometimes I let my kids pick the restaurant for that day, but other than that, I'm like "Dude...you're at Disney".

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is fun at that age, but is a significant investment of time/money/planning. The main street barber shop (near the fire station) does a great little sprinkling of confetti and the princess store just past the castle gives a free sprinkling of pixie dust. Both budget-friendly and available any time you happen to be walking by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter