My daughter called me today in a panic over a Wasp in her apartment...

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
she can't find it now and was very scared. Does anyone else have them coming into their homes?

I hate them, and would freak if one got in, but naturally YES they can get in like a fly, a moth, etc.

We have a large back deck, and they love the wood :headache:, so I always come in VERY quickly and shut the door.

I got stung last week, and it hurt, but for about 5 minutes.

Tell her to try the lights. I would turn the overhead lights on, they seem to love lighting IMHO.

We have a large front porch, where they tend to hover. So yes, they get inside the house occasionally. Unfortunately for them, they rarely fly back out the front door, so I find them several days later when I vacuum.:sad2:

I have dealing with this at work all week. My office is not real small, but it has no windows. I noticed I kept hearing a pecking sound for a few days and never could figure out what it was until I looked up and saw about 20 dead wasps in my lights and a live one flying right over my head. Of course I had to get rid of it and started throwing the stuff on my desk at it. I did manage to kill it ;)

Had the exterminator come in and spray on Tuesday. Well yesterday I heard that sound again, there was another one. Killed it and did not see anymore, but today there was one stuck inside the light jumping around. Then another one was flying around outside. They never fly around me, just the lights.

Started looking around in the hallway and noticed there were dead ones in those lights as well. I guess I never look up! Exterminator has been called back and is going to have to go up in the ceiling and find the nest. I work in a school and can't have the kids come back to that :scared1:

I was finding wasps in my DD5's room!!!!! Yes her bedroom. I actually had her stop sleeping in their until we found how they were getting in. These things were huge and angry. I had to have my DH come home from work one day to kill one. It turns out they were coming through a hole in the garage, going through the attic, out the attic opening in her closet and towards the light of her window. We had Terminex come out and spray that attic door opening and the window, after that I found a couple dead ones in the closet and by the window. We sealed the hole in the garage and luckily have not had any since.

If she finds it, have her spray it with hair spray.. It will cause the wasp to fall to the floor (or wherever) and she can then quickly kill it with her shoe or whatever..

Good luck to her! :goodvibes

Use A LOT of hairspray or just hit it with a shoe that is what i do.

Several times sense i started using this shampoo and conditioner (asusie brand) wasp kept landing in my hair!

Use A LOT of hairspray or just hit it with a shoe that is what i do.

Yes - really wet it down good with the hair spray - as it's attempting to fly around.. The stickiness will make it fall to the floor..

Of course if it's "crawling" on something, then you can just smack it with the shoe..;)

I was finding wasps in my DD5's room!!!!! Yes her bedroom. I actually had her stop sleeping in their until we found how they were getting in. These things were huge and angry. I had to have my DH come home from work one day to kill one. It turns out they were coming through a hole in the garage, going through the attic, out the attic opening in her closet and towards the light of her window. We had Terminex come out and spray that attic door opening and the window, after that I found a couple dead ones in the closet and by the window. We sealed the hole in the garage and luckily have not had any since.

You seriously asked your husband to come home from work to kill a wasp?:confused: Good grief.

You seriously asked your husband to come home from work to kill a wasp?:confused: Good grief.

Amen.. Plus I can't believe the OP daughter. Callign your mother because you found a BEE in your apartment!

At first I read it as a child in their bedroom (which I understand). But an adult calling home to a parent over a bug?!

I have wasps everywhere this summer and I have sprayed about 10 nests they keep building on my garage door. I even caught one going in under my car door a few times!! However, they are not aggressive and we seem to have an agreement....they fly away when I go into the garage. Yesterday, one got confused and few into my sons leg, he even swatted it, but it just flew away! I was so surprised. When they get in the house they seem to hover around the top of windows. I've killed the last few with lysol (it was handy).

Amen.. Plus I can't believe the OP daughter. Callign your mother because you found a BEE in your apartment!

At first I read it as a child in their bedroom (which I understand). But an adult calling home to a parent over a bug?!

LOL sorry, I completely understand the adult daughter calling her parents. I have an abnormal fear of bees/wasps and if DH wasn't around, I would call my parents or a neighbor to come kill it. Any other bug I could handle..I even caught some huge grasshoppers in our basement once..but bees/wasps...no way.

Tell your daughter to check behind all curtains and shades in corners of the windows. DH found one in our bathroom this summer behind the blinds in the top corner. If it hadn't been quiet in our house, we wouldn't have noticed it.

We have wasps get inside from time to time... usually, they fly toward a window and I just take a wash cloth or kitchen towel and scoop it up...sometimes it's catch and release (outside)...sometimes I enjoy the crunching sound when I squish it to death...depends on my mood...:rotfl:

Lots of adults have fears that others might consider irrational:

Fear of flying
Fear of driving over a bridge
Fear of mice
Fear of spiders
Fear of the dark
Fear of swimming
Fear of roller coasters
Fear of bed bugs

And on and on.. Doesn't make it any less real - nor does it make it fodder for ridicule..:sad2:

ive dragged a neighbor over here once to kill a wasp. Im terrified of all flying bugs. Im alergic to bees so anything that can fly scares the heck out of me.

Lots of adults have fears that others might consider irrational:

Fear of flying
Fear of driving over a bridge
Fear of mice
Fear of spiders
Fear of the dark
Fear of swimming
Fear of roller coasters
Fear of bed bugs

And on and on.. Doesn't make it any less real - nor does it make it fodder for ridicule..:sad2:

I totally agree, couldn't have said it better myself! And for all we know she could be allergic, if that was the case it would be important to find the wasp before it finds her. Please don't judge people, you never really truly know someone's situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter