My Dad's First trip with his Grandkids!

Hi Karry!

I'm actually surprised how long my dad lasted in those shoes....I knew we were in for trouble when I saw him lacing them up the first day because they were brand new :crazy2: I told both my parents to bring worn in shoes and they both brought new pairs! Ahh! My mom also got a blister but powered through it.

Yes, the family was so rude, but I made myself quickly get over it because I refused to let them ruin our day. I normally don't say anything to anyone, but I was upset with how hard they ran into my mom and son. It noticeably jerked both of them and I could tell it hurt my mom. When we told the CM who was loading I felt bad because she looked extremely annoyed that we didn't want to load with the people because they had spit water at us and I think it messed up her system. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the same group could not figure out how to sit in the boat and put too many people in the front row and then were climbing (yes, climbing over the rows of seats) all about trying to get it sorted out, as they held up everything. Luckily, we never saw them again! :thumbsup2

And yes, we LOVE the DL RR!! So relaxing and so much to look at too. The kids think every animal we see is real and that adds to the excitement. So cute!

Hi, Crystal!!! Loved the update! Sounds like you had a great time, despite the heat and MEAN people in line! Such rude manners is so horrible, especially when you're trying to enjoy your vacation and you're trying to ensure your family has a great time. Love the pictures. Your family is so adorable. :)

Great update! We found the heat very oppressive as well! And what was it with the rude kids in line without adult supervision?! A similar incident happened with my mom and two kids. I'm glad you guys were able to "let it go" and not let it ruin your day.

You're poor Dad; new shoes are always a gamble at Disney. I can totally relate to your comment about warning your parents about new shoes. Why won't our parents listen to us??!! :rotfl2:

Hope you guys are getting settled in your new home. I look forward to your next update.

Great update! We found the heat very oppressive as well! And what was it with the rude kids in line without adult supervision?! A similar incident happened with my mom and two kids. I'm glad you guys were able to "let it go" and not let it ruin your day. You're poor Dad; new shoes are always a gamble at Disney. I can totally relate to your comment about warning your parents about new shoes. Why won't our parents listen to us??!! :rotfl2: Hope you guys are getting settled in your new home. I look forward to your next update.

Thank you!! We are moving today. Waiting for truck now :) (and the parents/adults were standing right there when the kid spit his water at me and said nothing )

Hi Crystal! Good luck with your moving today!!!:banana:

We've also experienced trying to close on a piece of property, while visiting the Resort before, and it was not a whole lot of fun, and since my DH handled it all, he was pretty anxious/stressed! Kudos to your Hubbie for having to deal with that, while trying to vacation!:thumbsup2

Thank you!! We are moving today. Waiting for truck now :) (and the parents/adults were standing right there when the kid spit his water at me and said nothing )

Hope your move goes smoothly! The parents being right there when the kids misbehave just makes it even worse!!

Thanks everyone!! We are mostly in. Lol. It was an all day event. Holy cow, I didn't realize how much stuff our kids accumulated until I tried packing it up!! Now just to get the last odds and ends and clean up the rental. Then unpack at the new place! We've met some neighbors and everyone is so nice. And we live on a quiet street, that my kids could actually play out front. :) really appreciate the well wishes!!

Hi, crystal! Kept forgetting to congratulate you on your home! Hope you are able to enjoy it soon! Know it's very stressful and time consuming! :)

I'm back....finally!

Thanks for all the well wishes on the house. We are getting more and more settled in. It sure is a process!

Ok, the rest of day 3.....

We headed to DCA because our RSR FP time was approaching. We decided to grab some dinner before so we all didn't get too hungry. We went to Pacific Wharf because there was something for all of us there! DS4 and I got sandwiches from Pacific Wharf cafe. So yummy! DS6 decided he wanted a burrito, which he normally doesn't eat-he prefers quesadilla's. But he really liked his burrito and ate the whole thing! DS4 ate his whole sandwich too!:thumbsup2 My mom and DH opted for the Lucky Fortune, and they loved their rice bowls. I tried a bite from each and they were delicious. We were full and happy! Off to RSR we went. Since my dad left, he gave DH his FP. We got DS4 to ride this time!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6568%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B247695245ot1lsi

We always take a photo in the exit!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B75%3C%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B26288%3B245ot1lsi

Then we headed to Luigi's. The wait was short. DH sat this one out. So DS4 rode with my mom and DS6 rode with me. We got going really fast, it was so fun! I love this attraction.

I love the look on DS4's face! LOL

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3327%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B2659%3A3245ot1lsi

As we were exciting, the big guy himself came out! Boys were very excited!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv94%3B%3Enu%3D3358%3E272%3E%3B4%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3A8%3A3568%3B4336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3A2%3Enu%3D3358%3E272%3E%3B4%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3A8%3A3568%3B5336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6689%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B262896245ot1lsi

And had to take a silly photo too!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B%3A34%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B262898245ot1lsi

Then we all decided to get a treat! We wandered over to Ghiradelli! Yum! DS6 got a milkshake and so did I! DS4 got a scoop of chocolate! We ate at the tables there and then we realized it was almost time for the neon to come on. DS6 really wanted his Nana to see it come on so we cut through Fillmore's and waited on Route 66.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv568%3B%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B2659%3A%3B245ot1lsi

My mom was blown away! She loved it. :goodvibes

After the neon, we all went on Mater's. DH sat this one out too. I think the stress and heat had really gotten to him today. My mom had never been and loved it! I told her to hold on because it throws you more then you think! She thought it was great and loved the music as well!

Then DH decided to turn in. We said our goodbyes and wandered back through Cars Land to exit at Pacific Wharf. We found a PP along the way...

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6825%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B259%3C59245ot1lsi

LOL,. I don't know what DS4 is doing with that smile, but I am a bit worried because he showed me how he smiled for his school photos and this was the smile he showed me!

Hitch hiking!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv5698%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B259%3C63245ot1lsi

DS6 hadn't picked out his one toy he could buy yet. He was getting really anxious. We could not make up his mind, so we talked out all the things he had seen and came to a conclusion. He would get the big Thumper like DS4. He was always sad that he didn't have a Thumper, and I knew he would love it and play with it more than anything else he saw. But he really wanted a plane too! So my mom agreed to buy both boys a plane from the store across from Soarin. We made our way to GRR to the store that had the Thumpers and quickly bought his new plush. Then on our way to Soarin' we spotted a kitty cat in the grass when we were watching the people on GRR. We spent a really long time at the store deciding on a plane. At first they both wanted a plane from the movie "Planes" but they were smaller and more expensive. So we ended up talking them into the bigger planes they sell there. One of the best deals in the parks! It's under $10 and it's a a good size plane and they have lots of styles. It's become a tradition for us. So they picked these really awesome WW2 looking planes. They were really happy!

At this point we decided to go back to DL. But, we ran into a favorite character on the way out. My boys had finally worked up the courage to have a meet n greet! I had been waiting for this moment for 6 years!! (they were always shy or scared in the past, so we never pushed them to meet characters) They cut the line after us, so we were the last to see Pluto. Pluto gave them tons of hugs, high fives and took photos! It was a fantastic first character experience! Boys were excited, although DS4 asked really loud if there was a person inside of the costume :faint:

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B6%3B6%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B259%3C64245ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A44%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B25%3B653245ot1lsi

Now back to DL! The fireworks were already going off so I knew we would be like fish swimming upstream! It wasn't as bad as I thought, we were able to get almost to Tomorrowland by the time the fireworks ended. The boys picked Autopia and I told my mom to ride with DS4 because he is hilarious on this attraction! LOL. He just giggles and laughs the entire time! It is the most adorable thing and he just loves it!

I think they had fun!
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B7%3A8%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B2628%3A5245ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv5449%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B2694%3B4245ot1lsi

then after that, we were all getting tired. We tried to ride Space Mtn, but the line was long and with the Fantasmic! Craziness, we didn't want to go to that side of the park. DS6 was sad and didn't want to leave. So we promised we could walk really slowly out of the park and take our time. DS4 started to get really sleepy in the stroller. In town square we found quite a few characters out and about. There was Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Daisy. I asked if DS6 wanted to meet anyone else and he picked Goofy. The line wasn't long, but DS4 couldn't stay awake, so Nana sat with him while he was asleep in the stroller.

Getting a hug!
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B353%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B2628%3A6245ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8%3C38%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B2628%3A8245ot1lsi

then DS6 wanted to pose with this cannon. But I wasn't expecting him to lay on it! LOL
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3464%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B2628%3A9245ot1lsi

Then we found a PP photographer and took some photos.

Here he is with his Thumper!
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3A545%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B7%3B259%3C69245ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv5%3B6%3Enu%3D3358%3E272%3E%3B4%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3A8%3A3536%3C6336nu0mrj

And then we sadly left our happy place....but we had such a great trip. We made some awesome memories and had a blast!

Welcome back! Sounds like you all had a good end to your trip, but it's always so sad to leave the parks. It's hard to believe so much time has already passed since all our July trips. Glad you're getting settled in your new home!

Thank you!

We are actually going again in December for a quick 2 day trip! I won a free stay in a 2 bedroom suite at the Ramada Maingate and I need to use it before December 15th, so we decided to go the weekend of the CP, Dec 6-7. Boys are SO excited! And so I am I! We go every year at Christmas and it just totally puts me in the Christmas spirit! And the boys totally think that Santa lives at DL. LOL :goodvibes

Trying to talk my mom into going with us again! She used to go with us every trip until 2012. She has Crohn's disease and in 2012 she really started to have issues again and in 2013 she ended up having to have surgery to take out more of her intestine. Because of the Crohn's, they had to actually cut her open from right under her breasts almost all the way down. Her scar is massive, so as you can imagine, it has been quite the process for her to heal. But she finally seems to be more like her old self again, and that makes us all happy!

Thank you!

We are actually going again in December for a quick 2 day trip! I won a free stay in a 2 bedroom suite at the Ramada Maingate and I need to use it before December 15th, so we decided to go the weekend of the CP, Dec 6-7. Boys are SO excited! And so I am I! We go every year at Christmas and it just totally puts me in the Christmas spirit! And the boys totally think that Santa lives at DL. LOL :goodvibes

Trying to talk my mom into going with us again! She used to go with us every trip until 2012. She has Crohn's disease and in 2012 she really started to have issues again and in 2013 she ended up having to have surgery to take out more of her intestine. Because of the Crohn's, they had to actually cut her open from right under her breasts almost all the way down. Her scar is massive, so as you can imagine, it has been quite the process for her to heal. But she finally seems to be more like her old self again, and that makes us all happy!

Loved the TR! Your boys are so cute and have such personality! You know you are going in Dec during Candelight, right?! So amazing!!

Loved the TR! Your boys are so cute and have such personality! You know you are going in Dec during Candelight, right?! So amazing!!

Thank you for reading! I really appreciate it :thumbsup2

Yep, we know its the CP that weekend. I would LOVE to see it, but don't think the boys would be able to stake out spots for that long. We got to see it a couple years ago when they extended the number of nights and it was an incredible experience. Gives me goosebumps just thinking of it. And we got some pixie dust too as we were in the standing section before the show started and a nice CM came over and said all the seats in front of us were empty and we could all go sit only if we didn't run or push, etc. Everyone was SO excited and so polite. It was the best!!! I am going to play it by ear this year. But for now we are planning on avoiding the town square area around that time. Cannot wait!!!

Will you be there for CP?

Hi, Crystal! So sorry that I didn't respond to your TR sooner! As usual, really loved the update. I truly love how magical Carsland is. It feels like you're living in the movie. So genius!

Congrats and glad to hear you are returning in the near future! It'll be here before you know it.

So sorry to hear about what your mother has been going through. Recovery from such a tough surgery is such a LONG process. Hope she is feeling better soon!

I loved your comment about DS's crazy smile & how you were concerned because he said it's the same smile he gave for class pictures. When I read it on Monday, I was also worried because DD's class pictures was the next day!:lmao: We'll both soon see how their smiles came out!

Hi, Crystal! So sorry that I didn't respond to your TR sooner! As usual, really loved the update. I truly love how magical Carsland is. It feels like you're living in the movie. So genius!

Congrats and glad to hear you are returning in the near future! It'll be here before you know it.

So sorry to hear about what your mother has been going through. Recovery from such a tough surgery is such a LONG process. Hope she is feeling better soon!

I loved your comment about DS's crazy smile & how you were concerned because he said it's the same smile he gave for class pictures. When I read it on Monday, I was also worried because DD's class pictures was the next day!:lmao: We'll both soon see how their smiles came out!

Thank you! We are super excited about the Xmas trip! I just love the parks at Christmas time!!

Yeah, it has been a very long process for my mom. She still gets unexplainable pain near her incision that comes and goes. She has her good days and her bad days, but lately the good days have been happening more often. :thumbsup2

Lets hope my DS and your DD have great smiles in their photos! Fingers crossed!!!:goodvibes

Thank you for reading! I really appreciate it :thumbsup2

Yep, we know its the CP that weekend. I would LOVE to see it, but don't think the boys would be able to stake out spots for that long. We got to see it a couple years ago when they extended the number of nights and it was an incredible experience. Gives me goosebumps just thinking of it. And we got some pixie dust too as we were in the standing section before the show started and a nice CM came over and said all the seats in front of us were empty and we could all go sit only if we didn't run or push, etc. Everyone was SO excited and so polite. It was the best!!! I am going to play it by ear this year. But for now we are planning on avoiding the town square area around that time. Cannot wait!!!

Will you be there for CP?

Funny you asked. I was just looking at GCH for Wed Dec 3rd to 6th, but it will depend on the C33 openings that weekend. I'm late to the game this year.

But nothing can beat DL at Christmas!!

My cousin's friend we were planning on going with doesn't care for the show and wants to ride rides with our other friend - so if we go we will have an extra seat for you if you're willing to ditch DH and kiddos for an hour :goodvibes

BTW you have to get a Candelight pin at the Emporium! They have them behind the counter. They only release 2500, I don't really collect pins but I always get the CP one just for fun.

Funny you asked. I was just looking at GCH for Wed Dec 3rd to 6th, but it will depend on the C33 openings that weekend. I'm late to the game this year.

But nothing can beat DL at Christmas!!

My cousin's friend we were planning on going with doesn't care for the show and wants to ride rides with our other friend - so if we go we will have an extra seat for you if you're willing to ditch DH and kiddos for an hour :goodvibes

BTW you have to get a Candelight pin at the Emporium! They have them behind the counter. They only release 2500, I don't really collect pins but I always get the CP one just for fun.

Oh my goodness! Wow! Thank you! I would love to do that!!! Of course, I will run it by DH ;) But, wow! That would be incredible!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter