My Contemporary December 2009 review, updated with pictures

The safari is the Wildlife Discovery Excursion, inside Animal Kingdom. IPO will make your reservations, once you let them know when you want to go. It is an hour long tour, in a bus with a total of 14 people, stops frequently for great photo ops and information. I've done it twice, so I thought it was well worth it.

Really, it's with "a maximum of 14 people". Hopefully you'll get lucky. We went on Dec 15th for the 1pm tour and there were only 6 of us on the bus with the driver and zoologist!!!! It was unbelievable. We were able to move around and take great pictures from several different vantage points in the bus.

Our tour guide was Laura. Her mom was also a zoologist who worked with Joan Embry (San Diego zoo - often on with Johnny Carson). Laura was OUTSTANDING, so informative with great stories from both her work at Disney, her work in San Diego and trips she remembers from her childhood with her mother.

I'd highly recommend this to anyone staying club level.

Wow!! Thanks for the info. Was almost gonna skip the AK safari but after the great review, I'm booking it. I cannot begin to tell ya'll how excited I am to be going this June. I have a feeling once I go concierge, I'll never go back!!! LOL!!!

Well my family and I arrived home a few hours ago from Clearwater Beach and as promised here are the various pictures I took all over the Contemporary.

4thfloordisplay.jpg

4thfloormonorail.jpg

4thfloorsign.jpg

AtriumClubbeer.jpg

AtriumClubbreakfast.jpg

AtriumClubdinner.jpg

AtriumClubliqour.jpg

BayLakeTowernight.jpg

BayLakeTower-1.jpg

CRGrounds.jpg

CRTower.jpg

CRnight.jpg

CRsign.jpg

Contemporarywreath.jpg

Fantasiastore.jpg

MKIcelights.jpg

MKwalkwaysign.jpg

monorailtree.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter