• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My confessions of the day....come join in the fun and confess.

AND... not today, but last Friday
my DS is a HUGE Star Wars fan,:chewy: H-U-G-E!:darth:

He wanted to travel to FL to see his sister and go to SWW. He was a responsible kid tho and stayed home to not miss any work / lost wages. My DD accepted a new job offer and timing had me in Orlando last week helping her move, get her car shipped etc. We finished up with most everything Thursday and our flights were Saturday night. That left Friday open to hit Star Wars Weekend's 1st day. So I confess to being worst Mother of the Year, gong to SWW FULL OUT knowing my DS would be crushed. I got him some cool merch tho, but he was still like,
YOU GOT TO GO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
(and he had a dentist appointment that day, needed a filling.)

Last edited:

My daughter thinks we are "financially troubled" because of a snide comment I made on Facebook (we are Facebook friends). I was grousing about the cost of letter jackets (what a racket that is!), and she said "Mom are we having money troubles?" LOL.

She takes me too seriously. I assured her I could most definitely afford a letter jacket....it's just BY FAR the single most expensive item of clothing I've purchased for either child. I'm frugal. Not broke. LOL.

Well I guess today I am like ronandannette in that I had plenty of food in the house for supper, but after having a rough work week we ordered Chinese tonight (not too bad - stir fry) and then DD brought home some bite size candy from work they were going to throw away and we ate most of it while we were doing a - get this - health project she was working on! :rotfl2: Oh well. :rolleyes1

DH has his 4 month checkups this week. Wednesday was extra labs and a biopsy; today was the nutritionist, social worker, regular labs and getting a 24 hour BP monitor; and tomorrow is an ultrasound, meeting with the nurse and the doc to discuss all the results. I had to go with him Wednesday, but talked him into going by himself today---I just didn't want to sit at the hospital for 8 hours! I have to go tomorrow, so it sort of evens out, right?

Oh, and I ordered a sandwich from Dominos for lunch, instead of making something here. It sounded really good, so yeah.....

I was bummed to find out my boss isn't leaving town tomorrow after all :(
Oh, isn't that just the WORST after they've gone and gotten your hopes up? Around my office we call it Mike-cation when our Operations Manager goes away - he takes a vacation but it's the rest of us that feel like we've gotten a holiday! :yay:

Last edited:
Because of a thread on here, maybe about 2 weeks ago, asking what are your "go to" snacks I went out and bought a bunch of healthy snacks. I had felt kind of guilty because my "go to" snacks were pop corn and chips and dip and so many others had healthy fruit/veggie type snacks listed. So, as I said, I went out and bought a bunch of healthy snacks but I have to confess I've hardly touched them. Old habits die hard I guess. 8-)

:laughing: Alright I'm a day late of the thread starting but it happened so I'll fess up too. I went food shopping and I was bad, VERY bad ( take note golden Oreo and M & M kids you are both amateurs ) I bought this: and I ate them all, ALL on the way home ...so G O O D !!
Product_doublecaramel116-729559.png

Yummmmm, Luvchefmic, I just may have to get some of those too. They look delish!

I was sick on Tuesday with a stomach bug so I spent the afternoon watching reruns of 7th Heaven.

Oh, isn't that just the WORST after they've gone and gotten your hopes up? Around my office we call it Mike-cation when our Operations Manager goes away - he takes a vacation but it's the rest of us that feel like we've gotten a holiday! :yay:

As the Operations Manager here, I try not to be "that guy" :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter