• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Coke Rewards Southwest

Cool! I was looking for this & started saving Coke reward points so I'd be ready. :woohoo:
Too bad that it took so long for them to offer it again that now I have enough points through their cc that I don't need to buy any tickets now.

Does anyone know how long those are good for and if I can use more than one at a time? Thanks!

Does anyone know how long those are good for and if I can use more than one at a time? Thanks!

Per the terms below, the flights must be purchased by July 31, 2013, and travel must be completed by November 14, 2013.

I booked two tickets separately and used a Coke promo code with each. Others on this board have reported using multiple promo codes for multiple tickets without purchasing them separately.

"The unique, one time use code is required to be used in the Promo Code box on southwest.com or SWABIZ.com in order to receive $20 discount off roundtrip Wanna Get Away fares during the valid travel dates listed below. Roundtrip travel required. Reservations can include up to eight people. Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made starting 5/1/13 and prior to 11:59 pm for the respective time zone of the originating city on 7/31/13 for travel 5/10/13- 11/14/13. Blackout dates apply for 5/16, 5/17, 5/19, 5/23, 5/24, 5/27, 6/16, 6/23, 6/28, 6/29, 7/3, 7/7, 7/14, 7/21, 7/28, 8/4, 8/11, 8/18, 8/30, 9/2, 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/13, 10/20, and 11/10/13. $20 discount code is valid for the Wanna Get Away Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees. 7 Day or more advance reservation may be required. To obtain discount on existing reservations meeting all requirements of this discount offer, the reservation must be cancelled and a new reservation booked using the discount code (fare rules apply). Discount will apply only on the valid travel dates. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid dates and one is within the valid travel, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will eliminate qualifications for this promotion. The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING! Discount is not valid on reservations made using Rapid Rewards Points. Discount is not valid on Group Travel product. Not valid on Air Fares for Jackpot and Southwest Vacations package deals."

Per the terms below, the flights must be purchased by July 31, 2013, and travel must be completed by November 14, 2013.

I booked two tickets separately and used a Coke promo code with each. Others on this board have reported using multiple promo codes for multiple tickets without purchasing them separately.

"The unique, one time use code is required to be used in the Promo Code box on southwest.com or SWABIZ.com in order to receive $20 discount off roundtrip Wanna Get Away fares during the valid travel dates listed below. Roundtrip travel required. Reservations can include up to eight people. Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made starting 5/1/13 and prior to 11:59 pm for the respective time zone of the originating city on 7/31/13 for travel 5/10/13- 11/14/13. Blackout dates apply for 5/16, 5/17, 5/19, 5/23, 5/24, 5/27, 6/16, 6/23, 6/28, 6/29, 7/3, 7/7, 7/14, 7/21, 7/28, 8/4, 8/11, 8/18, 8/30, 9/2, 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/13, 10/20, and 11/10/13. $20 discount code is valid for the Wanna Get Away Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees. 7 Day or more advance reservation may be required. To obtain discount on existing reservations meeting all requirements of this discount offer, the reservation must be cancelled and a new reservation booked using the discount code (fare rules apply). Discount will apply only on the valid travel dates. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid dates and one is within the valid travel, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will eliminate qualifications for this promotion. The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING! Discount is not valid on reservations made using Rapid Rewards Points. Discount is not valid on Group Travel product. Not valid on Air Fares for Jackpot and Southwest Vacations package deals."

No need to buy one for each family member unless they're flying different itineraries.

I can use 100 points and get $20 off each ticket for up to 8 people? Or is it 100 points for each discounted ticket? (800 pts for 8 discounted tickets?). And, can I use 200 points for $40.00 of 1 ticket? Thanks!

I can use 100 points and get $20 off each ticket for up to 8 people? Yes! Or is it 100 points for each discounted ticket? No. (800 pts for 8 discounted tickets?). And, can I use 200 points for $40.00 of 1 ticket? Thanks!
I would think you can't get $40 off one ticket. When you redeem the 100 points, they'll give you a promo code to enter on the search page. There's only room for 1 code & it has to be booked as a RT so there's no way to enter 2 codes.

I have nearly 1000 coke points. I was hoping to be able to use more than 100 points per ticket. Oh well....

I have nearly 1000 coke points. I was hoping to be able to use more than 100 points per ticket. Oh well....

I feel your pain but if you really want to get free tickets, get the SWA Visa card. (If you are good with paying it off every month.) We put everything on our card & earn equivalent to a free seat to MCO every other month. Also when I shop online, I enter through SWA's shopping mall which earns points in addition to those put on the cc. My old computer just died so dh bought another from Dell.com & forgot to go through the shopping mall. There goes 1000 potential points gone. :(

So even if we don't wait to save enough points for all 4 of us, it's nice if let's say we only have to buy 2 seats or maybe 3. Still a huge savings & I end up getting more than the cost of the $59 annual fee. :thumbsup2

I feel your pain but if you really want to get free tickets, get the SWA Visa card. (If you are good with paying it off every month.) We put everything on our card & earn equivalent to a free seat to MCO every other month. Also when I shop online, I enter through SWA's shopping mall which earns points in addition to those put on the cc. My old computer just died so dh bought another from Dell.com & forgot to go through the shopping mall. There goes 1000 potential points gone. :(

So even if we don't wait to save enough points for all 4 of us, it's nice if let's say we only have to buy 2 seats or maybe 3. Still a huge savings & I end up getting more than the cost of the $59 annual fee. :thumbsup2

I HATE THAT! DH and I use our Chase Freedom card for airline miles and I always forget to buy things through their store to earn an extra percentage.

I think I'm going to look into the SWA card! Our Chase card takes us about a year to earn enough $$ for two free round trip tickets from the Chicago area.

I HATE THAT! DH and I use our Chase Freedom card for airline miles and I always forget to buy things through their store to earn an extra percentage.

I think I'm going to look into the SWA card! Our Chase card takes us about a year to earn enough $$ for two free round trip tickets from the Chicago area.

What's nice about the SWA points system is that you don't have to wait to earn a RT award (like USAirways system).
If I have enough points for ds to get a one way seat, I use it & it helps.
Or maybe a Wed evening flight down is really cheap # of points but a Sunday afternoon return requires a lot of points & we don't have enough. We can use points for the Wed flight & pay cash for the return.
It's all very flexible. I also love that if SWA drops the price of a res booked with points, I can go under "Change Reservation" and rebook at the lower # of points. The difference is returned to my points account. If this were a cash reservation, I'd have credits to keep track of & try to use before they expire in a year.
I can't remember the last time we had to pay for all 4 of us to fly RT.

Of course it all depends on how much you charge each month. We put on everything except our mortgage & dh's truck payment.
If Amazon would participate, we'd have another 4 RTs each year easily. lol!

Also look around on the Budget Board or Transportation board on what the SWA visa promo is these days. For a while they were offering the points equivalent to 2 RT flights as a sign up bonus if you spent so much in a certain timeframe.
Every little bit helps! :goodvibes

Also look around on the Budget Board or Transportation board on what the SWA visa promo is these days. For a while they were offering the points equivalent to 2 RT flights as a sign up bonus if you spent so much in a certain timeframe.
Every little bit helps! :goodvibes

THANK YOU! I'll have to check it out. We're not traveling again until late March/early April, so I could probably earn flights pretty easily. We charge everything except mortgage and car payments and pay our card off every month. Sounds doable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter