My child's stuffed animal.

When my daughter was little her "baby" went everywhere with us. So I looped a pacifier keeper to the baby and clipped it to her or the stroller! We still have "baby" and my baby is 16!

DW in her younger days lost her Baloo the Bear. She and her parents went to the front desk to report the loss and the front desk agent didn't seem to know who Baloo was. Baloo was never found.

DW still brings the elephant she received for her 9th birthday (Elmer turned 21 years old this year, and he's still a good elephant) as he makes a good neck pillow. Number one rule is NEVER leave your friends in a bed that has been slept in. We always left Elmer either on the unused bed (going with a king bed this time, the Pop beds are small) or on the chair. Five out of the seven nights we returned to the room to find Elmer posed somewhere prominent, either watching Stacey or having a stare-down with a towel animal.

My friends daughter lost her baby blanket(went everywhere with it) at WDW. It was in the stroller and when a stroller move happened while at fantasyland. It must have fell out. Her daughter was in tears for the whole night. They thought the trip was ruined, and in the morning they got a knock at the door, it was a CM with the blanket. Her mother had made the blanket and stitched her name on it, and they had left name and resort at the MK lost and found. Somehow it got put in someone else 's stroller and they turned it in. Rest of the trip she clipped it on the stroller, just in case. Disney Magic!!!!

My d's favorite animal dropped between her bed and the wall during one hotel stay (not at Disney). We discovered it when we were a few hours away. Called the hotel - the housekeeper had found it! We turned around, drove back to the hotel, and picked it up. We missed a day of our vacation, but it was certainly worth it!

D took it with her to college, and it's now in her first apartment. I have a feeling it might end up being her ring bearer (whenever that day comes)!

My son left his bunny in our resort bed at WDW years ago. My DH almost missed our flight because he stayed behind looking for Bunny. He couldn't find it. The day after we got home we received a package that had been overnighted by our resort. Bunny had a trip in the washer with the bed linens. Mousekeeping found him. I could not believe they overnighted Bunny back to us. We are still so thankful.

Basically if you lose it, it will be lost. Just be sure you don't lose it.

Yep that's what happened to my daughters Elmo at Disney back in 2007. Left it on the bed and must of gotten wrapped up in the sheets. It was never found. We ordered her another one and when it came we pretended like they found it and sent it to us. She could tell it wasn't her original one. And when we go in 20 Days for our sons 5th Bday we will be putting his Simba away everyday. This one can not be replaced. He's actually a stuffed lion cub from pottery barn kids that he calls Simba.

After one of my favorite animals took a header into our camper's port a potty, we took stuffed animal security very seriously. Also, Monk Monk smelled like Pine Sol for YEARS!!!!!!

This happened to my son and the staff gave him a Mickey Mouse toy when I told them about what happened.

DD lost a beloved bear at the Beach Club several years ago. He was a polar bear and just blended in too well with the sheets.

The people at WDW were so nice. They called several ties with questions and updates. He was never found, I'm afraid.

But one day, a CM called asking for my daughter. Did she want to adopted a lost lil polar bear who was left behind? A few days later, the bear arrived with a cute card from Mickey and the gang!

The rule now.... All stuff animals go on the chair!

I am a grandma who stayed in connecting rooms at POFQ with DD and 3 grandchildren. When we returned from lunch my DD noticed that her DD3's blankie, princess and stuffed animal were missing from the bed. We are the strange people who neatly make our beds and arrange the kiddos sleeping buddies on their beds. No beds were changed or straightened by maids, only bathroom towels were changed out. We only stayed one night as we were moving to SSR, so we were not unpacked or disarrayed.

We were only out of the room a little over an hour and we could not find the items any where. DD quickly went to every maid in sight and asked. We called the front desk, visited every laundry cart. Nothing. We made a plea at the front desk for them to call the laundry. No success.

It was the oddest event in our multiple trips. We really tried not to exaggerate the importance of items that were missing because they were just "things" but we were on that trip to ease the pain of separation for the family as DSIL was on the 4th (or was it 5th?) long deployment in just a few years.

It took us a few hours to find replacements, which my sweet DD said would be just fine. I don't know who looked sadder at bedtime, my DD or DG3 as they tried not to cry.

We were reimbursed for the items we replaced. That was a lot of heartache for a little girl just because of someone's carelessness...or worse.

I will be taking belle and beast along with Duffy captain mickey and cruise director Minnie with me and they are staying on the unused bed. My beast was given to me by my late father and sister. So it's like they are with me.

Jenmia said:
Yep that's what happened to my daughters Elmo at Disney back in 2007. Left it on the bed and must of gotten wrapped up in the sheets. It was never found. We ordered her another one and when it came we pretended like they found it and sent it to us. She could tell it wasn't her original one. And when we go in 20 Days for our sons 5th Bday we will be putting his Simba away everyday. This one can not be replaced. He's actually a stuffed lion cub from pottery barn kids that he calls Simba.

I think it was your original post that I read. I am sorry that happened to your daughter (years ago) but I am glad that you posted your story.

We left our DD's Banana Bunny at BC early this month. Tangled in the sheets we assumed. Luckily we had taken pics of Banana on the day bed with some other stuffies. Several calls to lost and found, a week if searching, emails with pics, paid off. Banana came back to us thanks to Malinda at BC

I would not risk it again. Leave the special ones home

This thread brought a tear to my eye. When my son was born my mom put a little bear in his bassinet only minutes after his birth. For his 1st 4 years of life his "bear" went everywhere with him. I was actually a bit worried he would never grow out of "bear" it was so bad we couldn't even throw "bear" in the laundry. One night my mother took the bear (at the time I lived w/my parents) to the laundry down the hall. The next day my son was hysterical crying for "bear" oh man we searched the laundry room, the apt, but he was gone. Must have fallen out somewhere and was picked up. I think losing bear affected me more than him in the long run. But, I say if you take it just be sure to put him away every night :)

DW in her younger days lost her Baloo the Bear. She and her parents went to the front desk to report the loss and the front desk agent didn't seem to know who Baloo was. Baloo was never found.

DW still brings the elephant she received for her 9th birthday (Elmer turned 21 years old this year, and he's still a good elephant) as he makes a good neck pillow. Number one rule is NEVER leave your friends in a bed that has been slept in. We always left Elmer either on the unused bed (going with a king bed this time, the Pop beds are small) or on the chair. Five out of the seven nights we returned to the room to find Elmer posed somewhere prominent, either watching Stacey or having a stare-down with a towel animal.

There are others like me???? LOL

I have a stuffed elephant that I received in the hospital when I was born, 35 years ago. Her name is Ellie. I still sleep with her too, and DH is ok with that. :p

Also, I agree with the others to make sure to clean off your beds. Our DD6 has a blanket that she has had since she was in a crib. My mom made it for her and it cannot be replaced. She carries that thing all through the house and sometimes into the car when running errands. She could absolutely NOT sleep without it so its not an option to leave it behind for a 10-11 day stretch....so, I am super anal about grabbing it off of the bed in the morning and tossing it in the suitcase until we return to the room. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter