My cat is having kittens....updated photos post #150, p. 10

We just lost one of our cats last week. His brother has been just moping around, crying cause he misses him.
Your cats and kitties are so beautiful!!
Now I want to get another little sweet baby ball of fluff to love!
Good luck to mama cat, she looks very well taken care of.

OMG those are the sweetest babies!!!!!! Thank you for sharing them with us. :) I have 2 rescue kitties, they are the biggest babies. LOL When we adopted them the people said we had to keep them inside, do you have any idea how hard it is to keep a cat IN when it wants to go OUT? Luckily we live in a pretty quiet area, not a lot of traffic so they are pretty safe outside. :) I worry more about the neighbors killing another one of them then cars hitting them. My BFF is a vet tech, she lives on a farm in the country, people are always dropping cats (and dogs) off at her house, she takes them in and gets them shots and takes them home. If they are female she might let them have 1 litter and then fix them but most of the males (seems she gets more males then females) get fixed right away.
OP it's obvious your cats are loved and taken care of, keep it up. :)

And yes, my cats are fixed as are my 2 dogs. :)

Come on over! My kids will tame one for you and love on it til it's old enough.

BTW...I see by your siggy that you are adding to your family soon. Congrats!

Thanks!! :) Haha, if I wasn't pregnant, I'd be begging you for one! It's been way too long since I had a furbaby. I think I'm in driving distance, MD isn't far at all from here! ;)

Thanks for posting the pictures. Beautiful cats!

As for farm cats, my aunt always had lots of cats when she lived way out in the country on several acres. She had kittens from time to time and some of them ended up on other farms and some stayed. She spayed all of her cats but she lived down the road from a rest stop and the number of pregnant cats being dumped there was astounding! Not to mention tomcats and dogs of all kinds too. She took them all in.

Good for you for taking care of your animals.

You know, if you got your wish and everyone spayed their cats, soon there would be no cats.

!

Sorry, I know I said I was done, but this is the silliest argument I have heard all day. :rotfl: I think World Peace has a bigger chance!!

She is absolutely gorgeous. I am wondering if all those who enjoy flaming feel it is OK for breeders to breed cats and sell the hundreds of dollars? How come it is OK for them to not get fixed? Why do people need purebred cats when there are beautiful cats that are already here like OP's cat.

People buy cats? They just freaking show up starving at my house!

thank you for posting the pictures - I haven't "awwwww-ed" so much in a long time. They are ADORABLE!!

Sorry, I know I said I was done, but this is the silliest argument I have heard all day. :rotfl: I think World Peace has a bigger chance!!
True, but I'm not the one scolding people for choosing not to have a cat fixed.

OMG, that is the most beautiful cat!!!!!

Okay, I am going to weigh in on the big debate here.
I am not really flaming the OP, as I know that she cares for her cats and they are not wild and starving.... :goodvibes

But, seriously... You have a few barn cats... they are not fixed... You give away the adorable baby kittens... most of them are not fixed... Mix in a few 'strays' that are not fixed... in a couple years times you have DOZENS and DOZENS of wild, hungry, stray, cats.... :scared1:

You have to look at the big picture here....
Unless one is breeding a litter of kittens for very specific purposes, and knows that these kittens will not end up breeding hungry strays.... Really people... it is that simple.....

PoppyGirl, your cats/kittens are wonderful and gorgeous!!!!!!

But, that doesn't keep me from saying - Please, people, spay and neuter your pets....

What beautiful cats and kitties! Brings back happy memories for me! I want more pictures! Pretty please? :goodvibes

img_0147.jpg
[/IMG]
img_0146.jpg
[/IMG]

OP: May I kindly disagree with you. You are contributing to the overpopulation problem. Every home that adopts your kittens do not adopt from a shelter.
Do you make sure every kitten you find homes for is spayed/neutered? Unfortunately if the answer is no, then you have contributed. Your responsibility doesn't stop just because you found homes for them. If only it were that simple. The only way to stop the overpopulation is to stop having kittens. Adopt from a shelter if you need more cats for your farm. There are millions of cats that are not suitable for a home, but would thrive on a farm who are euthanized. Overpopulation is completely preventable and heartbreaking.

Oh they are SO cute!!!

OP, I'm totally on your side - I grew up in the country with kittens every spring and they were all taken care of! I LOVED playing with them! The pictures make me miss the time my cats were kittens and I could hold them in one hand...and they didn't drive me crazy!!!

Farm cats have a different way of life to city or house cats. My cats would last five minutes on a farm, they'd be terrified - but if we ever moved to the country, I'd love to have outdoor cats. I love the personalities of outdoor cats, they're usually much more laid back and not afraid of every little thing (I say this as I watch one of my cats being TERRIFIED of the vacuum cleaner!!!)

Oh they are SO cute!!!

OP, I'm totally on your side - I grew up in the country with kittens every spring and they were all taken care of! I LOVED playing with them! The pictures make me miss the time my cats were kittens and I could hold them in one hand...and they didn't drive me crazy!!!

Farm cats have a different way of life to city or house cats. My cats would last five minutes on a farm, they'd be terrified - but if we ever moved to the country, I'd love to have outdoor cats. I love the personalities of outdoor cats, they're usually much more laid back and not afraid of every little thing (I say this as I watch one of my cats being TERRIFIED of the vacuum cleaner!!!)

Yes, I think as a general rule outdoor kitties are much less neurotic than indoor kitties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter