My brother found my speadsheet..."He said, This is a vacation?"

I agree - beach vacations are so boring to me and my family. I love the salt air and view and so forth, but there's just so little to DO. None of us can lie around on the beach all day - too boring and the intense sun exposure is not good. We don't do recreational shopping, so the outlet malls in these areas are out too. We've done a deep sea fishing expedition and that was really cool, but it didn't work out too well for us due to sea sickness/sunburn issues.

Besides, whenever I crunch the numbers, the beach vaca is always about the same as a trip to WDW, which is where we really all want to go anyway. :woohoo:

:rotfl: That is me too. I get bored at the beach. I live in the OCEAN State so I can drive to any beach in 20mins. I don't need to pay a fortune to see the ocean.

I LOVE MY SPREADSHEET.:love:

And I am a Spreadsheet planner too. When it was just DH and I we just went with the flow, but with little ones I think you really need a great plan.

Plus everyone knows planning is 50% of the fun:woohoo:

Years ago, we were sitting in 50's prime time cafe with our Disney book and going over our checklist, when our waiter, "Uncle Warren" came over and grabbed our book. He held it up and whistled to get everyone's attention "Ladies and gentleman!!!! Now THIS is a SERIOUS vacation!!" "hmmmm...7:15 dinner with uncle warren...oops, that's out the window.." and he tossed the book over his shoulder (it was 8:30 because that darn restaurant is always running an hour behind..at LEAST) It was kind of a funny moment..had to be there.

SERIOUSLY!! My aunt told me the other day she HATES disney and i just about pummeled her! I asked her when was the last time you were there and she said she was in the 8th grade.................... shes now 40!! my point exactly.

Other people see my planning itinerary and are amazed at the amount of work put in. I don't know how anyone can go without being prepared! at least have ADR's!

I'm still laughing! Some people just don't know what they are talking about.

I always make spreedsheets. I think the planning and anticipation is half the fun.

One of the most important things I tell people is the know when the extra magic hours are in the morining and either go first thing or go to another park. It no fun to show up early in the morning and wonder why it is so packed.

We have a trip planned in June for our family of four. My husband hates having a set course for anything. Weird for a military guy. Anyway I know we have to have something set for our dinners, so I make ADR's, but we are flexible when it comes to the plans.

This is how our family is too.

I don't use a spreadsheet, but I print off a blank calendar for the month I am going, and I write down all of the important info. on it (adr conf. #s, emh info., etc.); I also print off my reservation confirmations, and keep them in a closeable file folder type thing....I can't imagine just going without some kind of plan....

My brother found my spreasheet..it is color coordinated with all my EMH info, park opening/closing and ADR's.

I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone in using a spreadsheet!! :thumbsup2 Mine also has many different calculations, colors and formulas...I'm afraid that if I add any more, my computer is going to start plotting against me!! :rotfl2:

After having to eat at Hollywood and Vine two trips in a row because of not planning dinner reservations, this time I sat down and planned out all of our dinners ahead of time.

My plan is basically where we eat for breakfast, what park(s) we go to that day, and where we eat dinner with notations for what nighttime entertainment we'll try to see. It's not strict by any sense of the word.

We don't keep a strict itinerary at all, but I do keep a spreadsheet with all the park hours, EMH's, ADR's, and few other key bits of info. I also make a very small one to carry around the park with similar info. I love my spreadsheets. DH loves them too, he's just glad I love to make them.

I've become addicted to planning (partly thanks to DISboards and the UOG book). If any of the spreadsheet people would like to share your spread sheet, I would love to see one. I started a pre-trip shopping, crafting, and planned out meal credit sheets but would like to see a consolidated one. Thanks.

Can anyone share their spreadsheet with me? This sounds like exactly what I need. I am planning a trip for 9 people.

I am fortunate enough to get to WDW frequently and usually make 2-3 vacation trips also. For the vacations I love to plan out the details and usually keep pretty close to the plan. There are times when weather, crowds or just personal stuff cause us to change plans but we no longer make ourselves crazy over that. There was a time years ago when we traveled with our kids that we would stick to the plan regardless of what happened, the old if you fall behind you are left behind attitude.
I enjoy doing the planning and it keeps us busy between trip.
I am amazed at how some people will criticize us for frequently going to Disney things, yet many of them go to the same beach, island, lake or summer home year after year too. I just figure, your vacation time is yours and whatever works best is best!!!

HA! When you said your spreadsheet is going to bring you fun it reminded me of the Full House episode when they all went to Disney World. He had the "Clipboard of Fun"

Don't worry I have a spreadsheet too!

ahhh the "Clipboard of Fun", man we have come a long way in 20 years. Now we can do all that and more on our cell phones plus check wait times. ( I :love: Line!)

OP get a smart phone then you can have your spreadsheet with you all the time. We even converted our touring plans info to one a few years ago (before Lines was available) and it worked like a charm. I loved being able to have all my research at my fingertips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter