My biggest WWYD ever...

:rotfl: I have papers like this ALL over my house! I'm ALWAYS looking at points and what we could do and planning as far ahead as possible. My DH keeps asking if he can throw out a certain paper because he has no idea if it's new or old or important :rotfl2:.

I wish I could offer advice on this. We just stayed for 1 lonely night in a lake view room at BLT at the end of our last minute June trip. We were LUCKY and got a partial lake and MK view. This ONE lonely night made us book an 8 night trip in May 2012 just to stay there for the whole week. I'm almost considering cancelling our Nov/Dec trip this year in an AKV CL studio just to add more days on to that trip lol. I'm not going to cancel, but man I keep thinking about how convenient it was for us!!

I cancelled CL at AKV for BLT in 2010!!! It planted the seed for more BLT!! We only spent 2 nights there and it was enough for me to long to go back!! We had a standard view which was actually pretty nice. We faced the courtyard and fountains. I've looked at the BLT views thread in detail and seem to really be drawn to the lake view. The MK view is nice I guess...but so much of it is parking lot.

Someday I'm going to book that CL again!!!

Thanks Disney212! At the elementary level is was so easy to miss school. Now...they don't get the missed assignments until we get back. Plus they only get 3 days to make the work up on top of the new assignments. It's getting rough!! :teacher:

Here's a follow up question regarding birthdays...:cake:

If you were going to WDW for your birthday where in the trip would you want your Bday to fall? Beginning, middle or end?

See if their school posts assignments online, my kids high school did and they graduated in 2005 & 2006. For English, humanities, etc, teaches would normally let kids do a report on the educational part of the trip. That only left math and a foreign language (most teachers did accept their practice at EPCOT) if we verified they spoke in a foreign language to the CM's from different countries. It was only a couple of days and our teachers were great about working with us. Hope this helps.

As for the birthdays, my family prefers it at the end of trip, so the excitement builds throughout the week!

I wish I knew how to use excel! This is my initial brain bursting plans from about 3 weeks ago!! :rotfl: It's the mixing of my use years that gets confusing!

...and that is why I'm glad I have a February UY.

I can make those plans very complicated. A late UY would make me screw it all up!

See if their school posts assignments online, my kids high school did and they graduated in 2005 & 2006. For English, humanities, etc, teaches would normally let kids do a report on the educational part of the trip. That only left math and a foreign language (most teachers did accept their practice at EPCOT) if we verified they spoke in a foreign language to the CM's from different countries. It was only a couple of days and our teachers were great about working with us. Hope this helps.

As for the birthdays, my family prefers it at the end of trip, so the excitement builds throughout the week!

That's a great idea thanks. I forgot we have "skyward" now on the school website. I think it does list all of their assignments actually!!! Yayy for technology!

You can purchase up to 24 points from MS for $15 a point. I purchased a few on my last trip to complete a reservation.

We've thought about getting the one time points at 7 months, but I don't want to put out anymore cash!!

I wish I had enough points to not worry about the future! We have two contracts..160 akv and 60 SSR. I STRETCH those points as far as possible!!! We always have to book a 2 bedroom since we are a big family so I need to think about every last point!!!

I think from here on out...unless we skip a year at WDW I will always borrow points. My use year is December so my points come at the end of the year. I borrow them back earlier in the same calendar year. Plus, any still left in the previous use year. So for next June 2012 I used my remaining 2011 points, plus borrowed some Dec. 2012 points for use in 2012. Then for the following March 2013 trip...I'll still be in my 2012 use year. So...the less of those remaining 2012 points I use for March 2013...the more I can do with them in June 2012!! It's enough to give me another migraine!!

I guess that is my point. In your shoes I would borrow and borrow until the kids were grown and catch up at a later time. I would do what I want in 2012 and let 2013 figure itself out especially since you don't know the point charts. It could be that even if you saved the points in 2012 you might still have to compromise in 2013 it could also be that March 2013 won't seem so appealing after your December trip this year.

Or change up 2013 and live it up in 2012??? :confused3

I am a little confused? :confused3 Who promised you that 2013 is going to arrrive??:lmao:

In other words as I tell my children and any body else that will listen, you will only live this day once, not twice or more, this life is not the movie "Groundhog Day".:rotfl2:

Do not change or put your plans off until tommarrow....... it may not come!:rolleyes1

Moe

Since I have always wanted to stay at THV I would say stick with that. However, since you own there you should be able to get it again another time. As an owner at BLT I will say that you can't beat the location and the TOTWL is nice for the fireworks. Prior to buying in we were very lucky and were always able to get in at 7 months. Now that BLT is nearly sold out it will be harder to get in at 7 months and even more so if you need a 2 bdr. You can pretty much forget about getting a standard view too. Nov and Dec are popular months to stay at BLT and as someone who has a ressie this Nov I can tell you that when I tried to change 1 night to a 1 bdr there was nothing available. I even tried to book the whole trip as a 2 bdr and got nowhere. If you do ever try to get into BLT I would make sure you call at exactly 7 months and as soon as MS opens.

Good luck and just remember that you are in Disney. :cool1:

I guess when the 7 month window opens for next summer I'll call and see what's available in a 2 bedroom. I think BLT would be awesome for our birthdays, then BCV since we've never stayed there and sab, then BWV in any view because we love it so much, if none of those are available I'll keep the treehouse! I think the treehouse may be better in the future when its just the 6 of us though. 9 of us will be squeezed into jambo value then into a treehouse.....sounds like a cozy week!

I think living it up in 2012 is best since we talked about another add on today!!!!!

I am a little confused? :confused3 Who promised you that 2013 is going to arrrive??:lmao:

In other words as I tell my children and any body else that will listen, you will only live this day once, not twice or more, this life is not the movie "Groundhog Day".:rotfl2:

Do not change or put your plans off until tommarrow....... it may not come!:rolleyes1

Moe

I tend to agree with this. Even if 2013 does come so much could change between now and then. If you had asked me 5 months ago how our vacations would play out for the forseeable future I would have said we would spend every spring at HHI and go to WDW for Christmas time. After the tornado interrupted our last trip while at HHI I am not sure I want to go there again for awhile.

I barely know what I might want to do next year other than I can guess I will want to go in December because that is only the best time of year there.

March 2013 is a must do. I've promised everyone we will go to wdw for their birthdays. We cant usually go in the spring due to PSSAs here in Pennsylvania but its luck that our oldest daughters birthday falls during spring break in 2013! We also have a week off for Thanksgiving in our district every year....and it just so happens our two youngest kids birthdays fall during thanksgiving week 2014! I can't deviate from these plans so the world better not come to and end before then!

What if your family loves Disney at Christmas so much they would rather go at that time instead of their birthdays? There is no way I would pick a birthday trip over a Christmas trip. Of course that is just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter