My big Disney nerd moment!

aprincess72

Mouseketeer
When I got married at WDW I set up a chair with her favorite flowers as a memorial for my grandmother. My grandmother played a huge part in my love of Disney. When setting up the memorial chair, I told a story to my planner and the Disney floral girl, Rosie. They must have then passed the story along to Mickey because I got a very special note from him on my wedding day.
Here's the quick version of the story:
I would call my grandma my soul mate. We were very close. When I was 21 years old she gave me a book. In that book she had written multiple stories of memories we shared. Many of these of course occurred at WDW. One story was about how I would beg my grandma to brush my hair right before a parade because "Mickey was going to see me!" I would say. She said I always stayed with her when we visited the parks even though the other kids would run off and do their thing. So parades were kind of our special time together. I still get choked up every time I watch a Disney parade.
So fast forward to my wedding day! We return to our room and there is an envelope on the table addressed to me in that handwriting that we all know so well. Here's what it contained:
sc000d66ea.jpg

Fast forward 3 1/2 years... I submit my photo and story to the Disney memories website. It gets accepted. Soon I get an email and then a phone call asking me more questions about my story and telling me it may be used in a Disney advertisement! Um, I could DIE! If it is chosen I think I may have to be revived! I'm sooooo excited!!!

What a beautiful story. My eyes just teared up reading it. I hope it gets chosen but we don't want you to pass out. lol Happy Thanksgiving!

I have tears in my eyes reading that :lovestruc That is really lovely :goodvibes Good luck with the competition :wizard:

That is a beautiful story. I hope you win. Those are the kind of memories we should all have of our grandparents.

Dawn

This story really cheered me up, and made me believe that good things still happen.
I had just found out that I need to work 12 hour shifts on both Christmas day and Boxing day, and thus will not see my son over Christmas (he will go to his Grandma's with DH, so as his Christmas won't be spoiled). I was feeling angry and upset with life, and your story really helped to lift my spirits. Thank you!!

This is a beautiful story and another reason why Disney is so special to me too, my family have wonderful memories there and have enjoyed so many amazing holidays. My brother and I have grown up on Disney and even though we are now 26 and 30 we are still those wee kids when we go back!

My hubby to be is the same and what a blessing it is to be able to be in Disney for our big day with our family and friends.

Good luck on your new celebrity status, very happy for you!

xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter