My best splurge at a Disney gift shop was when I bought a _________ at ____________.

4 extremely overpriced, $8 plus each, ponchos at the Epcot International Gateway in order to use our Soarin' FP's in a sudden storm - Priceless

Actually I thought those were one of the best deals I've gotten at Disney stores....$8 for a very sturdy (and cute) poncho....and if it ever rips you can get it replaced for free. Considering that those dollar store ponchos rip at about every other use if you're really careful.....well, $8 for one that will last forever is a great price.

My best splurge ever was a ring with my name on it from a ring carver cart in Epcot. I have worn it everyday since I bought it close to 15 years ago. Every place you visit there always seem to be racks of assorted novelties like magnets, keyrings, pencils, pens etc., but only for traditonal spellings and I always felt disappointed. No one would think of it as a Disney souvenier, but to me it was magical. Second would be my Dooney!

ConnieB said:
Actually I thought those were one of the best deals I've gotten at Disney stores....$8 for a very sturdy (and cute) poncho....and if it ever rips you can get it replaced for free. Considering that those dollar store ponchos rip at about every other use if you're really careful.....well, $8 for one that will last forever is a great price.

I had no idea they'd replace them if it ripped - love it!

I Love this thread!!!!
We go to Disney once a year and every trip I like to buy something really nice for my Disney room. Of course I have a shopping problem so it never ends with just 1 purchae. LOL :rotfl2::rotfl2: My last trip I bought a mask in Epcot in the Italy pavillion. It was beautiful and very different. It as half moon and half sun. I couldn't believe that my DH even loved it and thought I should buy it (that never happens). I acually bought it for a half bathroom and it looks perfect. I have gotten so many compliments on it every time someone uses my bathroom.
My other big splurge was a bracelet that I bought at Mousegeer in Epcot. It looks like the silver Tiffany bracelets but instead of a heart charm it has the Mickey shaped head. I wear it every day. It was expensive but it is heavy and I love it.

Really? Is this true? Do you have to have your receipt?

Nope didn't have to have my receipt. Actually I didn't even know about it....it was raining and we hadn't brought our dollar stores ones so we ended up buying a poncho. Used it for several days, and somewhere along the way one of them got a large rip on the front. Rain started, put it on and the hole was right on my chest......CM saw it and told me I should get that replaced....I said, nah today is our last day and I don't want to spend the money, I'll just hold it together. She says, it's free to get replaced......so I went back to the store we bought it at and asked if the CM was right...... they handed me a replacement AND they apologized that it had ripped!!!

Personalized Mickey towels from Disney Florist. I think I spend $27 on each towel and got four - one for each family member. They are the softest towels.

On my solo trip in 2006, I bought a pin for every attraction I visited, plus holiday pins from all four parks. I shudder to think what I spent, but I love them! I bought a tall Sorcerer's Mickey hat to pin them on and that's how I display them. :goodvibes

I did that too on my solo trip in 2011. Never bought a pin before that. But I got pins on a couple tours I did, so I thought what the heck? Lets buy more! Love your idea about the Mickey hat though!

My husband bought me the Dooney & Burke large Disney sketch tote to use when we go to WDW in August. Love it!

A limited edition square vase at the art of animation in downtown disney! It has the mosaic mural from the contemporary on it.....it makes me smile whenever I see it. Oh and a pair of sunglasses from Arribas with the Castle in crystals on them!!

My biggest splurge was a pair of Mickey rain boots from Trend-D. They were 40dollars and I am sooo happy with them. I first saw them in Magic Kingdom but they didn't have my size (10) and I just kinda figured they didn't make them that big. When I saw them at Trend-D, I bought them without hesitation :).

We bought a collection of David Doss prints and one Larry Dotson print during a past trip. Got to meet both artists and they each personalized our prints. That by far was our biggest and best splurge so far.

I bought a pair of diamond encrusted Mickey Mouse head earrings. I got my husband a watch where he got to pick the face design and a Disney artist drew it up for him and we got to keep the art work!!!

Biggest family splurge-adding a day to our trip and then making that 1 day a platinum package. We got to do the Backstage tour at AK where we were able to pet a rhino, did the segway tour at AK, carriage ride at the campground, and then ended the day with HDDR, we were EXHAUSTED by the end of the day, but it was a once in a lifetime experience for us and worth every penny!!

My personal splurge was last trip and I got the Laila perfume from Norway, that's been almost a year ago and I'm to the bottom of the bottle. DH says this year I'm getting the larger bottle :rotfl2:

When Disneyland had it's 50th anniversary, I purchased at WDW the six disc Musical Tour of Disneyland. I have yet to regret it. It's on my ipod currently.

I also splurged on a collection of Epcot anniversary pins. Priceless.:thumbsup2

Comic Mickey pocketbook at International Gateway shop at Epcot. I get weekly "I love your pocketbook" from random people wherever I go.

DH bought a beautiful piece of original art on our August Fantasy cruise. We collect art and decided to walk down to the auction on a lark, and while we were there I saw a piece that I loved (which is unusual for me; he's the real art fan). We were the only people who came to bid so the staff gave it to him below the minimum. It's my favorite piece of art in our whole house!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter