My best guess @ 2012 schedule so far (updated 10/18)

It is the Carnival Magic that will be out of Galveston. Can you imagine also having the DCL Magic there at the same time. Phone call to TA, hmmm, I want to sail on the Magic out of Galveston! :lmao:

Kind of like cruising on the Dream out of Port Canaveral!

If the Magic departs from Galveston, it could depart on Saturday or Sunday. Cruise lines get people on older ships by having them do new/more interesting itineraries or by having them leave from different home ports.

*It also doesn't make sense for the Fantasy to depart on a Friday.

I agree but I was thinking of how the current Easterns depart on a Sat, then have 2 full days at sea before reaching St. Martin. Many of the Fantasy's scheduled visits to St. Martin are on a Monday. Assuming the same 2 sea days to arrive (and that was at a good clip) they would have to embark on a Friday.
All just a guess though. Galveston makes perfect sense too.

Question: When the itineraries are revealed, are prices also revealed at the same time? Or do we have to wait until the cruises are officially available to book to find out the prices? Thanks!

Question: When the itineraries are revealed, are prices also revealed at the same time? Or do we have to wait until the cruises are officially available to book to find out the prices? Thanks!

You won't know the prices until you can actually book the cruise.

I agree but I was thinking of how the current Easterns depart on a Sat, then have 2 full days at sea before reaching St. Martin. Many of the Fantasy's scheduled visits to St. Martin are on a Monday. Assuming the same 2 sea days to arrive (and that was at a good clip) they would have to embark on a Friday.
All just a guess though. Galveston makes perfect sense too.

You may be right. Another thread lists the Fantasy in Grand Caymen on a Sunday, and they can't get there in one day from PC if they depart on Saturday. I don't think a Friday departure is a good idea for families who vacation from weekend to weekend, but DCL didn't ask for my opinion!

I CAN'T WAIT!!! I need them to come out soon so me and DF can book our HONEYMOON:love: We are hoping to do a B2B with western and eastern sailings on the dream or fantasy which ever will be doing them in June 2012:banana::cool1:

I CAN'T WAIT!!! I need them to come out soon so me and DF can book our HONEYMOON:love: We are hoping to do a B2B with western and eastern sailings on the dream or fantasy which ever will be doing them in June 2012:banana::cool1:

No more honeymoon in Hawaii plans?

No more honeymoon in Hawaii plans?

I don't know yet, I'm waiting on the inteneraries to come out to see where they will go. If we go to Hawaii it will take up all our budget... If we go on a B2B we will have more then $1500 for fun and excursions me and DF were talking about it last night. It's up in the air right now:confused3 It's all lying on the dates and places the ships will be going first:goodvibes As we LOVE DCL and would much rather spend 14 nights on a cruise with excursions and fun rather than 7 nights with less excursions cause of the budget.

I don't know yet, I'm waiting on the inteneraries to come out to see where they will go. If we go to Hawaii it will take up all our budget... If we go on a B2B we will have more then $1500 for fun and excursions me and DF were talking about it last night. It's up in the air right now:confused3 It's all lying on the dates and places the ships will be going first:goodvibes As we LOVE DCL and would much rather spend 14 nights on a cruise with excursions and fun rather than 7 nights with less excursions cause of the budget.

If DCL cruises to Hawaii, it would be longer than 7 nights.

I wish they'd just make the announcement already!!!!

Maybe one of the ships in PC will just be a stop for a cruise out of NYC.

That is my dream. Take the Magic down to PC from NYC with excusions to the parks.:cloud9:

Maybe one of the ships in PC will just be a stop for a cruise out of NYC.

That is my dream. Take the Magic down to PC from NYC with excusions to the parks.:cloud9:

Stopping at Port Canaveral on the route from NY to the Bahamas is logical. Going to Port Canaveral from Galveston is not!

If the Magic stays in the Caribbean for awhile, I can't see it departing from Port Canaveral for 7-night cruises - along with the Fantasy. Why would anyone choose the oldest ship if a new one does the same itinerary? I think the Magic will either do different (possibly longer) itineraries OR depart from a different home port.

We plan on a 2012 cruise and definitely want the Magic over the Fantasy. We have been on the Magic twice and are worried the new ships won't have the same feel and that they will be more crowded in certain areas (nearly twice the people on board, but still only one adult pool). We are hoping for a cruise similar to the 11-night Southern Caribbean they're doing this year over Christmas, but will take the Eastern if the Magic does it and it's the only thing that fits our schedule/budget.

We plan on a 2012 cruise and definitely want the Magic over the Fantasy. We have been on the Magic twice and are worried the new ships won't have the same feel and that they will be more crowded in certain areas (nearly twice the people on board, but still only one adult pool). We are hoping for a cruise similar to the 11-night Southern Caribbean they're doing this year over Christmas, but will take the Eastern if the Magic does it and it's the only thing that fits our schedule/budget.
I would gladly cruise on the Magic if it sailed somewhere I wanted to visit. But if the choice were between the exact same itinerary on the Magic or a new ship out of Port Canaveral, I would choose the new ship, and I think most others would, too. That's why I don't think both the Magic and Fantasy will have the same itinerary out of Port Canaveral.

^^ I wish DCL would sail the Magic out of NYC during summer months. That would be great! :thumbsup2

I would gladly cruise on the Magic if it sailed somewhere I wanted to visit. But if the choice were between the exact same itinerary on the Magic or a new ship out of Port Canaveral, I would choose the new ship, and I think most others would, too. That's why I don't think both the Magic and Fantasy will have the same itinerary out of Port Canaveral.

I agree that is unlikely (absurd even) for Disney to have them both sail out of the same port doing the same itinerary. Maybe the Magic will be doing a more southern itinerary (that's what I hope for). I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I see the ship as the main dish on a cruise, with the ports being the side dishes. (The green beans and mashed potatoes may be delicious, but the meal depends on the steak.) And I think many others feel the same way I do. Otherwise, why would so many people be booking 3 and 4 night Bahamas crusies on the Dream, especially when many say they'll stay on the ship in Nassau? I'm probably just in the minority here and prefer the Magic over trying the newer ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter