My best friend broke up with me today....

Morning all, OP here....

A new day dawns...and I am honestly no better. Dh came home from work last night, and we talked for a bit. As he said, being hurt is fine, but guilty is not...

I am hurt...really hurt...I feel so worthless...the only other person who made me feel this way was my mom...and thats a whole other thread..LOL..

Again, I love Facebook..it has helped me reconnect with so many people. I just allowed myself to get sucked into something I shouldnt have..

:hug::flower3:

So sorry this happened to you. The same thing happened to me almost three years ago- my BF for 8 years "broke up" with me. It was really hard; it still is some days. Unfortunately for me, the break up spread to all our mutual friends and no one speaks to me anymore. It really did feel like high school.(BTW we are all in our 40s) Thankfully I had other supports and friends to get me through. Try not to dwell on it and focus on the positives in your life.

I didn't say stupid, I said silly. And yes some are silly. Maybe that is the way my friends are, they really aren't making conversation, sometimes yes, but sometimes silly stuff about everyday life. Stupid is so negative, silly isn't necessarily.

stupid/silly/whatever you call them, (I lovingly call my BFF stupid all the time so it's doesn't sound negative the way we say it) I love the random silly posts about day to day life. Keeps me connected with them.

Morning all, OP here....

A new day dawns...and I am honestly no better. Dh came home from work last night, and we talked for a bit. As he said, being hurt is fine, but guilty is not...

I am hurt...really hurt...I feel so worthless...the only other person who made me feel this way was my mom...and thats a whole other thread..LOL..

Again, I love Facebook..it has helped me reconnect with so many people. I just allowed myself to get sucked into something I shouldnt have..

Well now..as far as your mom (oh boy! :hug:) as you get older you will see that nobody can make you feel any way except yourself. Not her, not DH, not a friend or an acquaintance...if you don't feel good about yourself ( no matter how that happened to begin with) than no amount of people or circumstances can make you feel better..on the flip side if you are a secure woman who can look in the mirror and say "Hey I like the person I am, warts and all" than no one can bring you down..they will fall by the wayside like flies..so NO its not about FB, Twitter, Disboards or anything else used to communicate its about YOU. Then you know what will happen? You will attract the good people to you :goodvibes

A good friend of mine broke up with another friend over a facebook incident. However, it wasn't just the incident - it was the last straw. Were there any other issues? In the case of my friend, the other friend was just too needy and demanding.

:confused:

Really? I love it. My relatives use it to share family pictures-I see WAY more stuff than was ever shared (before) in emails. Having family spread all over-its kept a connection with us/ I love it

Ditto! :banana: I guess I just don't know that many drama filled people. My facebook is fun and has allowed my family and friends to not only remain close but grow even closer. I now have relationships with relatives who I'd never spoken with before or very very rarely. I Adore Facebook!

stupid/silly/whatever you call them, (I lovingly call my BFF stupid all the time so it's doesn't sound negative the way we say it) I love the random silly posts about day to day life. Keeps me connected with them.

Gotcha on the name calling thing, I can't write what my friend calls me. I will get in trouble. Lets just say it begins with B.

Facebook is the WORST thing to happen to communication. I can't tell you how much drama my family, friends and students have over things written on FB. It's like high school all over again.

I'm so sorry your friend hurt you!

Facebook has been a total blessing for our family. We are closer now then we've ever been. I'm reconnecting with relatives I lost touch with when my parents divorced 40 years ago. I've connected with relatives that live in other countries, I now know more of what going on in my nieces and nephews lives on a day to day basis - we have friendly competitions in games, we have great discussions about topics in the news etc.

Frankly I think Facebook is just a reflexion of how we live our lives day to day. If our lives are drama free 0 then so will our facebook experience.

I may take you up on this offer soon..LOL...guess I need some new friends...:rotfl:

Sorry to hear that! I recently also had "drama" on my page and I ended up deleting my whole page, starting over and being VERY selective about who I friend. It's much better now.

Not sure where Poinciana is, but I also just moved here and if you ever need someone to hang out with and you're around Winter Garden, let me know!!

Andrea

Sorry to hear that! I recently also had "drama" on my page and I ended up deleting my whole page, starting over and being VERY selective about who I friend. It's much better now.

Not sure where Poinciana is, but I also just moved here and if you ever need someone to hang out with and you're around Winter Garden, let me know!!

Andrea

Andrea this will be perfect for you and Dax..I have met a few people from there good group its for FL residents not just for Disney Meets as not all of us have passes anymore but other non park meets in the works

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2456735

Ruthie

Facebook has been a total blessing for our family. We are closer now then we've ever been. I'm reconnecting with relatives I lost touch with when my parents divorced 40 years ago. I've connected with relatives that live in other countries, I now know more of what going on in my nieces and nephews lives on a day to day basis - we have friendly competitions in games, we have great discussions about topics in the news etc.

Frankly I think Facebook is just a reflexion of how we live our lives day to day. If our lives are drama free 0 then so will our facebook experience.

Glad it works for you. :goodvibes

I second that, cause emails get lost like phone numbers do sometimes .. I have my mom, my nieces and most of my cousins and friends who now live in Europe on FB. It's nice to share photos and goings-on of our families. :thumbsup2

I've got plenty of friends I don't know IRL on my Facebook account, all of whom are DIS members. And none of the Facebook drama is ever from them -- it's all my family members. SHOUT OUT TO ALL MY DIS/FACEBOOK FRIENDS -- LOVE YA!

Besides a group of other DIS members I don't go onto Facebook at all. If I want to talk to someone, I call them. If I want to share pictures, I either email or wait until I see them in person.

I agree! I don't know why people get involved in FB and subject themselves to that..:confused3

OP: Sorry your so-called friend treated you that way..:hug:

Out of curiousity, have you ever tried Facebook? Just curious how you can say something is so terrible if you've never done it or experienced it for yourself.

Its all up to what you want to control or contribute. My facebook experience has been very positive.

Drama filled friends will be drama filled on the phone, in real life or on FB. Not JUST on FB. Simple, don't have drama filled friends. Period.

OP-- if you friend 'broke up' with you over some little spat on FB then she really wasn't as close a friend as you thought. Seems rather shallow to throw away a good friend like this.

I am on FB. I never post anything extremely personal or controversial. I don't respond to posts that are controversial whether I agree with them or not.

HERE HERE!!!

And besides what is the difference between here and facebook. I see way more drama in an hour here than a month on my facebook. And on facebook I don't have to put up with so many loons.;):rolleyes1

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Out of curiousity, have you ever tried Facebook? Just curious how you can say something is so terrible if you've never done it or experienced it for yourself.

Its all up to what you want to control or contribute. My facebook experience has been very positive.

Drama filled friends will be drama filled on the phone, in real life or on FB. Not JUST on FB. Simple, don't have drama filled friends. Period

:thumbsup2

Andrea this will be perfect for you and Dax..I have met a few people from there good group its for FL residents not just for Disney Meets as not all of us have passes anymore but other non park meets in the works

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2456735

Ruthie

Thanks Ruthie! I actually know quite a few people on there from my days on the Adults and Solo Travelers boards!!! Would be great to meet up again!

Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter