My best friend broke up with me today....

Bummer :(

Is it usual for FB pages to get personal? Mine and everyone elses I visit are very non-controversial.....no one says things that are edgy or mean. I guess I'm lucky.

I have lots of FB friends. People I actually know. Absolutely no strangers and certainly not any message board people.

No drama on my page or friends pages either.

I'm so sorry - but I suspect that given your long history you and your BFF will make up soon.

Facebook is the WORST thing to happen to communication. I can't tell you how much drama my family, friends and students have over things written on FB. It's like high school all over again.

I'm so sorry your friend hurt you!

Amen. I mean pick up the phone and call the person. People get all upset yet won't make the effort to just reach out and call, visit the person to work things out..

It is much easier to just hide behind social networks and nurse your hurts then go "old school" and actually manage your friendships face to face.

I have lots of FB friends. People I actually know. Absolutely no strangers and certainly not any message board people.

No drama on my page or friends pages either.

I only have people on mine I knew well...Old school people, family, some former co workers...I never friend anyone I dont know really well...Its just me...She did not feel the same way...these were people from a Lyme support grp I think

You can't hide your true colors and technology can't change those colors.

I think you're better off without her. It hurts, I know. I've been there. :hug:

I'm sorry!

My best friend and I broke up last year, it was horrible. I felt like I had no friends for a while, but it made me more willing to approach friends I didn't know well to hang out.

It IS a lot like a boyfriend/girlfriend breakup; and in some ways it's worse. Friends are supposed to be there when other relationships aren't!

my friends read too much into FB posts.. if i was to say "so ready to have fun tonite" i'd get 20 replys of "who", "where", "why wasn't i invited"... then all the hard feelings begin, private messages, im's and it's just way over the top!! (and i'm over 30, so not really a teenager anymore..lol!!).. people feed off drama.

Sorry you're going through this...but on the record, I freaking love facebook!! My family stays in touch so much better now that there is Facebook!

I feel your pain..going thru this right now myself..my best friend broke up with me earlier this year..she blocked me on FB..worst part is WE WORK TOGETHER and I have to see her every day. She is civil most of the time and even nice(like old times) sometimes which makes it worse. Its like she gives me 'just enough' to hang onto. My daughter swears she is bi-polar.

Facebook is the WORST thing to happen to communication. I can't tell you how much drama my family, friends and students have over things written on FB. It's like high school all over again.

I agree! I don't know why people get involved in FB and subject themselves to that..:confused3

OP: Sorry your so-called friend treated you that way..:hug:

I agree! I don't know why people get involved in FB and subject themselves to that..:confused3

Well, many of us (as evidenced by several previous posters) have FB accounts with no drama whatsoever. It's not FB that's the problem; it's people like the OP's so-called-friend who haven't matured past middle school. And believe me, those folks find a way to hurt others even without Facebook and the like.

OP, I'm so sorry she did that to you. I know you are hurting right now. I don't really have any advice, just offering you sympathy. :hug:

I may take you up on this offer soon..LOL...guess I need some new friends...:rotfl:

I'll be your friend. :) I am a great listener and very loyal. I have two best friends that have been around since elementary school and I am over 40 now! :goodvibes

I know just how petty people can be, which is why I no longer have a Facebook account. It wasn't worth it. Feel free to PM or email me at any time if you want to talk or just vent.

OP: Sorry your so-called friend treated you that way..:hug:

I'm involved with facebook as a way to commincate with friends and family. Just because there are some people that create drama doesn't mean that everyone does and I resent the implication.

my friends read too much into FB posts.. if i was to say "so ready to have fun tonite" i'd get 20 replys of "who", "where", "why wasn't i invited"... then all the hard feelings begin, private messages, im's and it's just way over the top!! (and i'm over 30, so not really a teenager anymore..lol!!).. people feed off drama.

Isn't that the truth! I just want to tell friends and family to grow up. You don't even want to know all of the drama I'm avoiding right now..."nyeah, nyeah, she said this about me and I know it is true because so-and so told me, so I said that, so what do you think and why are you not taking SIDDDDEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSS, I'm your sister after all."

I found it was best to tell them all to leave me out. I'd love to look at vacation photos and chat about the weather.

I'm involved with facebook as a way to commincate with friends and family. Just because there are some people that create drama doesn't mean that everyone does and I resent the implication.

I agree...Facebook wasnt the problem...We were close WAY before FB...I saw someone post about their friend being Bi-polar...I am beginning to wonder..she has changed the last few years, and I know some it was because of her disease, but I wonder if some of it was in her head as well...and things are getting jumbled...

What really gets me is the "we are going different directions..." yet just recently we were discussing our upcoming Chef Mickey's Thanksgiving dinner plans..LOL..we have a LOT of the same interests...I wish I never would have posted on the post that I did...I feel like I pushed her over the edge..

I am off to bed...Thanks all..I will look at the rest of the replies in the morning...Thanks all for your support..I knew the DIS would understand!

Well, many of us (as evidenced by several previous posters) have FB accounts with no drama whatsoever. It's not FB that's the problem; it's people like the OP's so-called-friend who haven't matured past middle school. And believe me, those folks find a way to hurt others even without Facebook and the like.

Exactly... Facebook has helped my family stay closer even though we're hundreds of miles apart. There is nothing more important to me than that.

I've learned way too much about one of my friends on Facebook. I've been friends with her for over 20 years and apparently there are some things I didn't know about her. I''m not ready to end the friendship, but I sincerely wish she wouldn't put every single one of her political views on Facebook.

Some things are best left unsaid, especially on Facebook.

Gotta disagree with you on that one! In the last year I managed to reconnect with my friends from back in jr. high (30+ years ago).
Next month we are all meeting in Disney for reunion trip. As the days go on we are hearing from more and more people and it's growing every day.
We're digging out old pictures and we can't wait to catch up with each other. If it wasn't for facebook I would wonder about these people and how they were for years to come.
It's easy to lose track of people and especially women once they marry. Throw some moves in there and they are long gone. Facebook changed all that, thank goodness!

I can't wait for next month!

Sorry about your friend. I see other peoples drama on facebook sometimes and wonder why....why would you say such things like that where all your family and friends can see. :confused3

OP I'm super-sorry!

I've had two friends break up with me...one that I'd only known in real life, and one that I'd met online while wedding-planning, but we'd become friends that went to parties and weddings and shopping and all of that.

It sucks to lose a friend, plain and simple, no matter how it happens. I really feel for you. The second friend...she was just too nasty to me for me to be a friend again...but the first...I still look her up online sometimes, wondering what she's doing. I might be friends with her again, but I know she'll never ask...I was actually the last of her friends that she'd dumped over a year...thought it wasn't going to happen to me until whammo she closed the door.

Hmm, hasn't been like that for me! I joined either right before or after my 20th HS reunion, and it's been quite lovely. All the people from HS all grown up. Pretty cool.

I've learned way too much about one of my friends on Facebook. I've been friends with her for over 20 years and apparently there are some things I didn't know about her. I''m not ready to end the friendship, but I sincerely wish she wouldn't put every single one of her political views on Facebook.

Some things are best left unsaid, especially on Facebook.

Use the Hide button.... I don't even have strong political views on either side, but I have one friend that is only on ONE side and says insulting things about the other. She's really over the top about it, but she's ALWAYS been over the top about things. At least she's not screaming proper names for boy body parts in the middle of the school anymore (a game she created in the down times of rehearsing plays), and she's simply going off about what stupid lying cheats one political party is. Progress LOL.

I agree...Facebook wasnt the problem...We were close WAY before FB...I saw someone post about their friend being Bi-polar...I am beginning to wonder..she has changed the last few years, and I know some it was because of her disease, but I wonder if some of it was in her head as well...and things are getting jumbled...

What really gets me is the "we are going different directions..." yet just recently we were discussing our upcoming Chef Mickey's Thanksgiving dinner plans..LOL..we have a LOT of the same interests...I wish I never would have posted on the post that I did...I feel like I pushed her over the edge..

I am off to bed...Thanks all..I will look at the rest of the replies in the morning...Thanks all for your support..I knew the DIS would understand!

A true friend would have given you the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't blame yourself. She doesn't sound very stable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter