My Backpack

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by MissDisney121, Jun 29, 2007.

1. MissDisney121

MissDisney121 DIS Veteran

So I got this backpack for my upcoming trip in August and It has these two big magnets in it where the pink circles are in the picture.
    [​IMG] (Sorry the pic is so small)
    I have heard stories about the magnets in peoples things deactivating their key to the world or their camera card and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to protect my stuff from the magnets in my new backpack.:confused:

2. lucky1

lucky1 Face Character

Not sure about cell phones or camera memory cards, but I know that my MIL's "key to the world" kept becoming deactivated while on a WDW vacation. Finally figured out that her backpack had magnetic closures. The resort gave her a protective stockcard cover to put the "KTTW" in but it did not seem to help. She finally gave up the backpack and used a fannypack for the rest of the trip.

Sorry I don't have a good way to avoid this.

3. alloyd1170

alloyd1170 DIS Veteran

My backpack had one little magnet. Others said it wasnt a problem on my model. I wasnt taking any chances, so I carefully cut it out and used velcro to cover the hole. Works just fine now.

4. MissDisney121

MissDisney121 DIS Veteran

I like that velcro idea but I don't want to ruin my backpack. does anyone know if my stuff would be safe if I just kept them in cases like my camera in my camera case and my key to the world in my wallet.