My Baby Girl Is Turning 13-Time For Another Mom/Daughter WDW Trip!!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Camster0307, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Camster0307

Camster0307 DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DAY ONE: NOT EVERYTHING GOES AS PLANNED!
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

What a great family shot of the three of you!! :cheer2:

I am looking forward to reading your report!!!popcorn::

4. karajeboo

karajeboo DISmom by land and by sea!

I'm here and looking forward to another TR!!!!! I hate that the trip is over already!!!

5. MiaBella05

MiaBella05 DIS Veteran

popcorn:: so excited for the next installment!! popcorn::

6. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

YAY!!! :woohoo: You've started!! Do you need any more pics from your vacation? I have a bunch on my cell phone!!:rotfl:

7. karajeboo

I can add some interesting texts from a 12 (almost 13) year old girl! :rotfl2: "Honey!"

8. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

:wave2: I'm here and ready to party!:drinking1

9. Camster0307

Camster0307 DIS Veteran

Aww-thank you! And thanks for joining in!

And I can't believe we didn't get to see you and Ally! Mark it on your calendar missy - we'll be back Dec.8-16th. Be there or be square!

Thanks for reading. Next installment - coming up!

LMAO!!!!

10. Camster0307

Camster0307 DIS Veteran

I would expect nothing less!;)

11. Sleeping*Beauty

Sleeping*Beauty Waiting For My Prince

Can't wait to read more!

12. babytrees

babytrees <font color=blue>I hate when you've been salivatin

Of course, I am here. I promise as soon as you are done with your trip report, I will start my pre-trip so we can all stay together:goodvibes

13. karajeboo

I"m marking my calendar now and will be booking our resort soon for Dec 11-13th!!! Seriously!!!!:cool1:

14. alan_renfroe

alan_renfroe DIS Veteran

YAY!!! You've started your trip report!! Of course the Renfroes are onboard for the duration. :cool1:

By the way, the link you have posted in you siggie doesn't work. You may want to check it out.

15. Camster0307

Camster0307 DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

was bored so I took a pic of our plane sitting out on the cold dark runway................
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They're everywhere!

Pretty soon, our magical bus arrived...............
    [​IMG]

Ready to watch the video!
    [​IMG]

Entering my happy place:
    [​IMG]

We were pulling into SSR by 12:30pm............
    [​IMG]

Now, I don't know if it's fair to compare, but Roaring Forks offers similiar items. Here's what they looked like:

chicken nuggets w/fries (sorry, half-eaten):
    [​IMG]

turkey and brie on foccaccia bread w/pasta salad side:
    [​IMG]

16. Camster0307

Camster0307 DIS Veteran

Thanks for joining!

Oh please do! And post the link here when you start. What are your dates?

Oh my gosh - Lauren will be so excited! In case you haven't noticed, she digs you - and thinks Ally is adorable. We must make sure to plan to spend longer than a lunch together!

Hi Alan - thanks for finding me. And thanks for the heads-up about my link. I think I've fixed it now!

17. hollisterluva92

hollisterluva92 DIS Veteran

Hi, I just finished reading your last report and it was amazing :) I love your daughter--she's such a cutie!!(She reminds me of herself when I was her age--i'm only 16--so not too far off.) I went in June of 2008 also with my grandparents and my brother and we stayed at Saratoga Springs. I get what you mean with the whole waiting for a room thing--we checked in at 3:15 and our room wasn't ready until 5--which totally ruined our plans for heading to hollywood studios for dinner. Anyways--we stayed at the carousel...when you're on the bus and you stop at the carousel, you would look directly to your left and you'll see our building--we were on the top floor. Anyways--I know what you mean about Disney withdrawl--it's been 8 months and i'm dying out here in cold weathered michigan...Ahhhh...I cannot wait 5 more months to go again....this time we're staying at AKL....well, hope you had fun on your trip and btw I subscribed--can't wait to hear more...Thanks, Deva (Dayva)

18. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

Great decision on the nap Mom, she looked like she really needed it. Hope your stay at SSR gets better.

19. debdebdebby13

debdebdebby13 Mouseketeer

I read your last TR after it was completely done and I really enjoyed it. I'm so glad I found this one at the beginning! I hope your DD got to feeling better!

popcorn::

20. punkin413

punkin413 feel the magic, dang it!

i'm sorry you didn't like SSR. i LOVE it. i love how it's big and all spread out and you can just take a walk and take it all in. but of course we didn't have the problems with check-in that you had - we spent our first day at AK and didn't leave the park until around 4:00 so we didn't have to wait for our room to be ready. at least you got a DTD view. i don't think the trees block your view at all! here was our view:

[​IMG]

we had trees too but i still loved the view, especially at night.

we never ate at artist's palette so i can't comment on that from personal experience. if we were hungry and at the resort we'd just walk over to wolfgang puck express - i love that place!!!

i guess it's good that we all don't like the same resorts because it would be pretty hard to get a reservation at one if we did! :rotfl:

21. xoktenox

xoktenox DIS Veteran

Yayyy you started! :yay: :yay:

I'm so sorry your trip got off to a bad start but I'm sure you guys don't let it hold you down for long! Poor Lauren feeling sick at Disney...I think the only time I'd rather be at home than at Disney is if I were sick, poor girl. I hope she started to feel better by the end of the week. Your view doesn't look so bad, I'm sure it was really pretty at night! Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

p.s. can I tell you how jealous I am that you're going back in 9 months?!