My aspie/adhd dd has only one wish...Meet Elsa and Anna. HELP!!!

Sheepdog23

Mouseketeer
My dd who is 10years old and has adhd/aspergers, has expressed that the only thing she would like to do while at WDW is to meet Elsa and Anna. I am going to try to get FastPass+ but we were also thinking of getting an assistance card this time. She used to be able to take short Waits in line if both parents were there, but our last trip to an amusement park resulted in her brother having a black Eye and scraped knees because she was overwhelmed by just a few minutes in line. I was hoping some of you would have some great tips so that we all can enjoy our vacation. I am planning on just standing in line with her and allowing her Brothers to enjoy something else, but my stamina is limited due to fighting breast cancer. I will be about 7 months out from chemo and surgery and that Point, but it takes time to have enough energy for her quirks. Why can't they just show up for breakfast somewhere? Thanks in advance!

Are you asking for advice on how to meet them? I was able to secure 3 sets of fp+ by getting on right as the availability opened. I am only keeping one but I am trying to coordinate with my sister. You can also try booking the bog breakfast before the park opens and then after you eat but before rope drop make your way to the princess hall so you are at the front of the line. If you have a das, depending on the wait they may send you down the fp line or give you your return time which at that point shouldn't be too long.

At this time there isn't a character breakfast with Anna & Elsa. You don't mention when your trip will be, but there is a lot of Frozen stuff happening this summer. For an actual meet & greet, a FP+ is your best option -- you can schedule one for you and DD for A&E and schedule the boys for something else around the same time. The reports I've read indicate the A&E FP+ line is relatively quick. If you use DAS and the posted wait time is long, it will tie-up your DAS for the whole time so it can't be used for other attractions. If you are concerned about your stamina, I suggest using an ECV.

Enjoy your vacation!

Sounds like a DAS would be a good choice for your daughter in general. But I agree that the A&E line is probably not the best use of the DAS return time because the line is always fairly long and you will have to wait a long time for your return time. I got FP+ for A&E the morning of our day at the park after spending 60 days coming up totally booked. Also, if you are having trouble finding a FP+ time, try only for two people. Better just one parent and your daughter get in to see them rather than no one getting in because a group of 4 wasn't available. The A&E fastpass line is fairly quick, so if you have a FP, you will likely be in and out within 20 minutes.

I'd also try to book for every day you are in MK, just in case the first ones don't work out. You can always cancel them, but better to be safe than sorry for THE ONE THING, you know? Good luck!

You should be able to get a FP for them, just be persistent! If you don't get a FP use the DAS and get a time as you pass by. The current listed wait time is 40 min. If you were there now you would have time for a rest room break and a snack or early lunch! Of course the crowd level will be different during each trip, but you can take a longer break.
Have a great trip!!

Thanks for the tips! I am hoping to get a fast pass as I was thinking exactly what you said about wasting too much time on the card which could be used for other rides. Thanks for telling me the FP line is not bad. She is not one to wait and i would hate to have her be on overload when we finally get there. Unfortunately we are going in December, otherwise we would totally be enjoying all the frozen festivities. I just hate when she has only one thing she wants and is so excited about it because it makes me so stressed trying to avoid meltdown and save our vacation. I hope you all have great trips.

Thanks for the tips! I am hoping to get a fast pass as I was thinking exactly what you said about wasting too much time on the card which could be used for other rides. Thanks for telling me the FP line is not bad. She is not one to wait and i would hate to have her be on overload when we finally get there. Unfortunately we are going in December, otherwise we would totally be enjoying all the frozen festivities. I just hate when she has only one thing she wants and is so excited about it because it makes me so stressed trying to avoid meltdown and save our vacation. I hope you all have great trips.

How long is her tolerance? The FP line isn't bad but it can still be up to 20 minutes during busy times.

Is try to being distraction tools - DS or kindle, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter