My April visit: Where was everyone?

eeyoregon

I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder
I was at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom on April 13 and 14th. Animal Kingdom was open until 9:00pm and it seemed like we had the park to ourselves with the longest queue being 10 minutes for Killaminjaro Safari and only a 5 minute for Everest and Kali.

At 9:00 pm we hopped over to Magic Kingdom as it was open until 3:00 AM. In my 16+ years of going to WDW, including visits in March, April, August, September, October and November, I have never in my life experienced the parks being soooooo empty. There was ZERO wait time for everything...even Peter Pan!! The weather was quite possibly the best that I have experienced so that wasn't a factor in the ghost town effect.

Even stranger is that it was Easter week, which I have been told by many cast members over the years, is the busiest week of the year in the parks. I'm assuming this is normally true since MK was open from 7:00 AM to 3:00 AM (open for 20 hours!!) Where was everyone? And how can I have that happen again :rolleyes1. My friend probably got tired of me saying, "I've never seen it like this" or "this never happens".

I wonder if the surprise ticket price increase was a factor?

I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Gina

I was tickled pink by the experience as we only had 1 day in the parks and I had a first timer with me. I kept telling her how extremely unusual the no wait times was so that she wouldn't think it was the norm ;)

Even stranger is that it was Easter week, which I have been told by many cast members over the years, is the busiest week of the year in the parks. I'm assuming this is normally true since MK was open from 7:00 AM to 3:00 AM (open for 20 hours!!) Where was everyone? And how can I have that happen again :rolleyes1. My friend probably got tired of me saying, "I've never seen it like this" or "this never happens".

I wonder if the surprise ticket price increase was a factor?

My understanding is that most of the spring breaks ended the week prior, where in the past, they've overlapped with Easter (the Easter holiday was later than usual this year). Easter wasn't the draw, it was being off for spring break that brought the crowds.

We were all there in MARCH!!!!!!! It was so crowded the week of March 24 they even closed the MK on Wednesday .

But beware next April.....some Florida schools are on spring break the week before Easter next year.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter