My April Pre-trip Report and menu decisions

jaymez428

Mouseketeer
I posted this in the restaurants section but think it probably should've been posted here, so here goes (sorry for the post in both forums):

OK I know I'm a loser with too much time on my hands, but 5 weeks from today and I'll be in disney! :woohoo: After joining this board and being teased by all the reviews and pictures of food I am pretty sure I am set on my decisions as far as what I will be ordering for my meals. Here is a breakdown. If anyone has any reviews on my meal choices and or pictures don't hesitate to reply!!

4/18: Tony's Town Square (dinner)
Entree: Braised Boneless Beef Short Ribs - With a Chianti Demi glaze topped with Balsamic roasted cipollini onions, fresh oregano, whipped butternut squash and seasonal vegetables
Dessert: Pistachio Creme Brulee

4/19: Sci Fi Dine In (dinner)
Entree: Butcher Steak - with a red wine glaze, seasonal vegetables, and potato
Dessert: Apple Crumble

4/20: Chefs de France (dinner)
Entree: Filet de boeuf grille, sauce au poivre noir Gratin Dauphinois et haricots verts - Grilled tenderloin of beef with a black pepper sauce original potato gratin of Savoy and green beans
Dessert: Crepe a la pomme et cannelle, glace vanille, caramel jus de pommes - Crepes filled with cinnamon, apple, vanilla ice cream and apple caramel sauce

4/21: Yak N Yeti (lunch)
Entree: Sweet and Sour Chicken- Tempura chicken, ginger, garlic, bell peppers, pineapple
Dessert: Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle

4/21: Rainforest Cafe @ Animal Kingdom (dinner)
Entree: Paradise Pot Roast- Tender thick-sliced pot roast and vegetables over mashed potatoes and served in its natural juices

4/22: Boma: Flavors of Africa (breakfast)
Entree: Ummm hello breakfast buffet!! As much food as I can possibly stomach before I explode :)

4/22: Le Cellier Steakhouse (dinner)
Entree: Coffee-rubbed Kansas City Strip Steak - with hazelnut butter and cream cheese mashed potatoes
Dessert: Apple-Rhubarb Crumble - served with Maple Granola Ice Cream

4/23: Kona Cafe (breakfast)
Entree: Tonga Toast - banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with Strawberry Compote and ham
I think I want to try to french press coffee vs. the cup of kona blend but for those who have gotten the press do any of the grinds find its way into the coffee. Generally not a fan of the french press, but want to experience the 100% Kona Coffee

4/23: Coral Reef (dinner)
Entree: Grilled New York Strip Steak - served with roasted potatoes, watercress, and tomotoes tossed in caramelized shallot vinaigrette
Dessert: Almond Gelato - with granola-marshmallow cookie, peaches, and passion fruit sauce

4/24: Restaurant Marrakesh (dinner)
Entree: Couscous - the national Moroccan dish - steamed tiny semolina pasta with Chicken
Dessert: Bastilla - crispy leaves of pastry topped with vanilla cream and sprinkled with toasted almonds

Again, if anyone has gotten any of these dishes before and has feedback let me know!! Pictures are always tantalizing and encouraged! ;) I am planning on taking pictures as well as giving a dining review upon my return. Not sure what my DB (Disney Buddy? Not hip with the shorthand yet!) will be ordering but again once I return a full review will be in the works with pics!! I just hope my reviews live up to everyone elses that had me salivating!! :thumbsup2

You're not a loser for planning. It's fun to plan, but bear in mind that menu items are always subject to change. Be flexible!

That said, I think you will really enjoy your selections at Chefs de France. The steak at Coral Reef is very good; the almond gelato dessert is the one we didn't have when we were there in September. There were four of us, and we ordered two chocolate Waves, a Bailey's and Jack Daniels and a butterscotch creme brulee. All of them were awesome.

We're planning to try Yak & Yeti too next trip and I have every intention of ordering that pineapple skewer dessert.

Hope you have a wonderful time! :sunny:

You're not a loser for planning. It's fun to plan, but bear in mind that menu items are always subject to change. Be flexible!

That said, I think you will really enjoy your selections at Chefs de France. The steak at Coral Reef is very good; the almond gelato dessert is the one we didn't have when we were there in September. There were four of us, and we ordered two chocolate Waves, a Bailey's and Jack Daniels and a butterscotch creme brulee. All of them were awesome.

We're planning to try Yak & Yeti too next trip and I have every intention of ordering that pineapple skewer dessert.

Hope you have a wonderful time! :sunny:

yeah im very flexible when it comes to food, just not a fan of seafood, but if anything changes in the menu's I am sure I will find something. Be sure to lookout for my review when I return!! I'll let you know how the almond gelato was! (given it's still on the menu) :)

jaymez428 - sounds like we'll be there at the same time! also, i thought it was funny that i had picked out the same meal from coral reef. glad i'm not the only one ordering steak at a seafood(ish) place! have fun! looking forward to your trip report~

10 more days to go, so when I return be ready for a full fledged dining report with pics!!! Unsure of where we will be eating our QS Meals, but I will include pics of those as well.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter