• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My AP-ALOOZA Continues (WE RENEWED!!) ~ NEW TR link posted!

I have to say that I'm excited to read the TR updates on your California Adventure day. I don't read many DL TRs, so most of that is stuff I know little about. Sounds ambitious again, but do-able. (Side note: I love that the DIS apparently deemed the type of mushroom in your dish as an inappropriate one. :lmao:)

Glad you have a relax day next. I think you'll need it after those harrowing agendas! :rotfl2: Sounds like some really good dining in there too. I think I've heard good things about Goofy's Kitchen also. I hope Aria does well with the characters! :goodvibes

Oh, and I think your only option on the dessert dilemma is to order BOTH. Of course, right? ::yes:: I know the bananas foster is for 2, but you can always claim a serving is for Aria. :thumbsup2

I have to say that I'm excited to read the TR updates on your California Adventure day. I don't read many DL TRs, so most of that is stuff I know little about. Sounds ambitious again, but do-able. (Side note: I love that the DIS apparently deemed the type of mushroom in your dish as an inappropriate one. :lmao:)

Glad you have a relax day next. I think you'll need it after those harrowing agendas! :rotfl2: Sounds like some really good dining in there too. I think I've heard good things about Goofy's Kitchen also. I hope Aria does well with the characters! :goodvibes

Oh, and I think your only option on the dessert dilemma is to order BOTH. Of course, right? ::yes:: I know the bananas foster is for 2, but you can always claim a serving is for Aria. :thumbsup2

Oops it looks like I was missing an "i" in shiitake...:rotfl2:

DCA is going to be pretty darn new to me, too. I have been there before and did the fun rides like Screamin, TSMM, Soarin, Monsters Inc (this is a GREAT one) etc but haven't been to Cars land nor have I been to any of the toddler rides. And WoC will be new, too! So excited!

HAHA so true! I mentioned my (1st world problems) problem to Andrew and he told me to stick with bananas foster, but that made me sad thinking about missing out on the souffle...humph! So I think souffle will be a definite, and if Lynda is up for it then we can do bananas foster too.

In 1 week…Tuesday May 6th!
Our last park day (already?!) We are starting out at Disneyland which doesn’t open until 9AM this day. Hoping the crowds are significantly lighter today! But first, we have ressies at Steakhouse 55 (also at our hotel!). I have read it is one of the best on property so I had to fit it in!
I might have (one of my fave egg dishes):
Huevos Rancheros - Two fresh eggs, corn tortillas, cheese and black beans with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream - $12.00
Or
French Toast - Thick cut fren toast dipped in eggs, cream with vanilla and powdered sugar served with warm bananas Foster or warm berries - $12.00
If I am wanting something sweet instead.

Then we will head off to the park…

Day is a lot more manageable on paper, but it is all up in the air depending on what we didn’t get to do on day 1.
9AM-9:45 enjoy FL attractions again (none of the Fantasyland attractions have FP, and they are basically the only thing open during MM besides Space)
9:45 get in line for Frozen characters or Pixie hollow, check times
Definitely do Jungle Cruise, HM, Autopia, Tom Sawyer Island today
Grab a quick bite/ snack for lunch
See 12:00 Mickey’s Magical Map show
1:00-3:00 Aria naps – we can single rider some rides (check to see if Indiana Jones has opened early??)
Mid-afternoon head to DCA or pool, depending on how we feel

5:30 Dinner at Wine Country Trattoria w/ WoC package (see part of Pixar Parade which starts at 5:15?)
I think the WoC package includes an app, entrée, and dessert but possibly with more limited choices, so not entirely sure.

I might start with-
Rustic Bruschetta Roasted Artichokes, Mushrooms, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Carmalized Onions on Crostini with Tomato Oil and Parmesan
And might get
Herb-roasted Chicken Breast served with Broccolini, Caramelized Onions, Red Peppers, and Fettuccine Pasta with a White Wine Garlic Sauce 18.99

I know Aria would enjoy that so we could split it. I think Tiramisu might be the given dessert

After dinner enjoy some rides with Aria before lining up for World of Color (at 9:15). Again I will have the tripod so I am hoping to brush up on how to get the best spots! (There is a whole thread in the Disneyland section that I read a few months ago but need to re-read).

wow - you have those days scheduled! though it seems like it is more of a guide and you will fit in things you miss at other times rather than "I was one minute late to ride Peter Pan, my entire trip is ruined" plans :rotfl:

Bummer that ALICE, IASW, PIRATES, Finding Nemo Subs, and Indiana Jones are all closed - Indiana Jones is definitely one I would want to ride if going out to DL

All you dining options sound so good! Seems like they have a lot of good restaurant options out west!

wow - you have those days scheduled! though it seems like it is more of a guide and you will fit in things you miss at other times rather than "I was one minute late to ride Peter Pan, my entire trip is ruined" plans :rotfl:

Bummer that ALICE, IASW, PIRATES, Finding Nemo Subs, and Indiana Jones are all closed - Indiana Jones is definitely one I would want to ride if going out to DL

All you dining options sound so good! Seems like they have a lot of good restaurant options out west!

I know, I always do it! LOL! I am such an over planner, but I mainly use it for pre-trip fun, not going to look at my clock and say "we need to be here in exactly 30 seconds" so I'm glad that came through in my updates.

YES such a bummer, just found out another one is closed too, one I was REALLY looking forward to with Aria. :(

So I am super bummed. IN ADDITION to all the other rides that are down, now Gadget's Go Coaster (like Barnstormer, IE WOULD HAVE BEEN ARIA'S FIRST ROLLER COASTER) is DOWN. I'M MAD. There are only two rides with height requirements that Aria would have to test against - this one had a 35" height requirement so Aria would definitely have made it (she is 35.5) and I was so excited to see how she likes it. Now I guess her first roller coaster will be Barnstormer in August.

I thought SURELY they would have opened something else great up to make up for it, but only saw King Arthur's Carousel was re-opened. Aria enjoys it, but with King Triton's carousel at DCA I wasn't too upset about that closure anyway. Now I am just angry.

This is the full list of closures for our time at DL:

•01/06/14 - 09/26/14 - Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
•03/10/14 - 07/03/14 - Alice in Wonderland
•03/17/14 - 05/08/14 - Indiana Jones Adventure
•04/21/14 - 05/15/14 - Gadget's Go Coaster
•04/23/14 - 05/22/14 - It's a Small World
•04/28/14 - 05/22/14 - Pirates of the Caribbean

DCA just has two now - grizzly river run and Ariel's Undersa Adventure (so, Soarin' is back up).

4 of DL's could have been Aria's very favorite rides and 2 are already my two favorite at DL.

Sorry just had to vent.

On a positive note, a dress I had made for Aria came earlier than I expected. It is a Duffy upcycle, so I am going to add in seeing Duffy hopefully at DCA (I was just going to have her wear it in August at WDW).

10170715_274978449350279_4511166222469558197_n.jpg

I also have two new Tinkerbelle upcycles to choose from for meeting Tink at Pixie Hollow

10246546_274980576016733_6840726611206058121_n.jpg

1662349_275023152679142_6077334614141874124_n.jpg

I just faxed in a room request for our DLH stay. I asked for 1st floor Adventure tower with two queen beds. Hoping to get 1st floor regardless of the tower though - it will be nice not to have to rely on the elevators (with stroller) and it is also nice in case of nap time to have a 2nd exit out of the room if one of us wants to go somewhere.

Ok I think that's all for my updates! Sorry for the down post, just upset about all the rehabs. :worried:

Wow, it sounds like the January of DL with all those closures! I will keep my fingers crossed that Indiana Jones re-opens early for you! On the bright side, cute dresses! :thumbsup2

Wow, it sounds like the January of DL with all those closures! I will keep my fingers crossed that Indiana Jones re-opens early for you! On the bright side, cute dresses! :thumbsup2

Yep I know! And it is May! So aggravating. Thanks :) I'm getting into my usual pre trip funk and hope to get out of it soon! Haha

I'm finally all caught up now! :hyper:

Thanks so much for sharing your December WDW adventures. It sounds like an amazing, perfect trip! Everything seemed to go really smoothly which must have been great. :thumbsup2

I've really enjoyed reading about your recent life updates too! Aria is so grown up and pretty! I love all her new dresses (and upcycles)... I've never really understood what you do with the MJ dresses, though. Do you design them, or sell them, or buy them... Or all of the above!? Just wondering!

Wow, you're off to Disneyland in just a couple of days! You must be so excited - and probably in mad packing mode now too. I can't wait to hear all about it!

I hope you've packed the grapes and bananas she requested for the plane ride! Hehee. Cute that Aria likes Jake & The Neverland Pirates (you said you're taking some episodes on the plane...) - Leo's favourite show at the moment is Sofia The First! Hehee! He's mesmerised! Very cute.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing and I'm so glad I found this thread! Bring on Disneyland!! :banana:

Sorry to hear about the rehabs! :confused3 Think of it this way....maybe the closures will give you time to explore some new attractions?!

Yay, you leave first thing in the morning! :cool1: Super excited for you! I hope the flight is good and you have a fantastic and extra magical time at DL! :goodvibes

We are home!!! We had an AMAZING time!! Busy working on compiling photos and doing a few edits (2000+ raw photos lol). I can't wait to relive it through the tr. crowds and the refurbs tried to put us in negative moods but we got over it and had a blast nonetheless! Aria has never before been SO into the trip, meeting characters and riding rides. I am sooooo super excited for our august trip now!! Ok back to photos! And, I already have my photo pass pics!!

We are home!!! We had an AMAZING time!! Busy working on compiling photos and doing a few edits (2000+ raw photos lol). I can't wait to relive it through the tr. crowds and the refurbs tried to put us in negative moods but we got over it and had a blast nonetheless! Aria has never before been SO into the trip, meeting characters and riding rides. I am sooooo super excited for our august trip now!! Ok back to photos! And, I already have my photo pass pics!!

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time, despite the closures trying to get in your way. I'll really be looking forward to this TR because DH and I are toying with the idea of a DL trip next year instead of WDW. Not sure if I can commit to that, as I think I'll want a week in WDW again after being away for so long! But it's an option...

Welcome back and glad the trip was a success! That is great that Aria was so into everything!!!

Best of luck with all the photos - but like you said, getting to re-live the trip makes it all worth while

Woo hoo! :cool1: So glad you had a great trip! I sneaked a peek at your pictures on FB and they are great. You all look like you're having a wonderful time. Makes me want to go to Disneyland. Cannot wait for the TR! :hyper:

I'm finally all caught up now! :hyper:

Thanks so much for sharing your December WDW adventures. It sounds like an amazing, perfect trip! Everything seemed to go really smoothly which must have been great. :thumbsup2

I've really enjoyed reading about your recent life updates too! Aria is so grown up and pretty! I love all her new dresses (and upcycles)... I've never really understood what you do with the MJ dresses, though. Do you design them, or sell them, or buy them... Or all of the above!? Just wondering!

Wow, you're off to Disneyland in just a couple of days! You must be so excited - and probably in mad packing mode now too. I can't wait to hear all about it!

I hope you've packed the grapes and bananas she requested for the plane ride! Hehee. Cute that Aria likes Jake & The Neverland Pirates (you said you're taking some episodes on the plane...) - Leo's favourite show at the moment is Sofia The First! Hehee! He's mesmerised! Very cute.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing and I'm so glad I found this thread! Bring on Disneyland!! :banana:

I mainly facilitate the sale of MJ - kind of like 31 or something like that? Where I host shows and people order the clothing through shows. I get a discount based on the show sales for my own order. Unless Matilda Jane is having a special sort of sale, the only way to buy their clothing is via an open show. Hope that makes sense!

I did pack apples and bananas (no grapes LOL) but the banana got totally squished in my carry on - EWW. That is really funny about Leo & Sofia!!

You leave TOMORROW! EEK! Sorry I've been MIA lately! ...Ok, going back to read now!

EEK!! What a fun feeling that was - the anticipation of the trip!

Sorry to hear about the rehabs! :confused3 Think of it this way....maybe the closures will give you time to explore some new attractions?!

Ehh I don't know about that hahaha - I think it actually added to the crowds on every.other.ride :( but we still had fuN! :goodvibes

Yay, you leave first thing in the morning! :cool1: Super excited for you! I hope the flight is good and you have a fantastic and extra magical time at DL! :goodvibes

Thank you so much!! I did read all the comments just didn't post, didn't want to jinx anything LOL!

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time, despite the closures trying to get in your way. I'll really be looking forward to this TR because DH and I are toying with the idea of a DL trip next year instead of WDW. Not sure if I can commit to that, as I think I'll want a week in WDW again after being away for so long! But it's an option...

I can't wait to read all about your WDW adventures as well!! :goodvibes I already want to plan another DL trip though - I am thinking once Aria is tall enough to ride a few more rides though. I'd love to expreience Indy with her!

Welcome back and glad the trip was a success! That is great that Aria was so into everything!!!

Best of luck with all the photos - but like you said, getting to re-live the trip makes it all worth while

it was so wonderful seeing her enjoying herself so much. The photos were fun to go through - only issue (and I never solved it) was DESPITE me setting my camera times to exact times, I set them to Eastern when they should have been on Pacific. Added to that, the photopass times were totally off (???) so I ended up getting exact times on the iphone pics, photopass pics off, and Canon pics 3 hours off - then I compiled them all and renamed them in order of time - and when I uploaded them all to facebook they were scrambled agaiN!! I had a few expletives said out loud on Friday. (I stayed home Thursday and Friday...time change and considering going back to work was just too much...:rolleyes1 )

Woo hoo! :cool1: So glad you had a great trip! I sneaked a peek at your pictures on FB and they are great. You all look like you're having a wonderful time. Makes me want to go to Disneyland. Cannot wait for the TR! :hyper:

I made a private FB album which had over 1300 pictures just for the TR - then a public one that I tried to wittle down! So there should still be a ton of photos you haven't seen! Thanks for looking at the pics though! My mother said "I looked at 3 or 4 photos from your trip - looks like you had fun" thanks mom, I posted 425! LOL. At least my own mother should want to see my pics? Ugh.

Yay!! Welcome home! So happy to hear you had a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Thank you! Can't wait to write about it!!

DISNEYLAND May 2-7, 2014

Background – my last visit was solo in 2009 when I stayed at the HoJo (where I’ve always stayed). This trip came about because my best friend who also is enlisted Air Force mentioned it’d be fun to go and she could get some pretty great discounts – 40% off onsite hotels and $129 DL 3-day tickets. We started crunching numbers and I think mid-January we decided on some dates and booked! We decided on the Disneyland Hotel mainly due to its pool, which we enjoyed almost every day!

Our plans were:

May 2: Flight, afternoon at pool/DTD
May 3: Disneyland
May 4: DCA/DL
May 5: Free day – pool/DTD
May 6: DL/DCA
May 7: early flight home

So without further ado – let’s start with our travel day!! I am SO excited to write all about this trip – it was SO much fun and made me even MORE excited for my next WDW trip in August!

Our day started out very early – 4AM as we had to leave by 4:30 for the airport (we were leaving out of Boston on a non-stop flight to LAX). We got up and finished packing the car, then I got Aria at the last minute and brought her right to her car seat so hopefully she’d continue sleeping. That never works but she wasn’t upset either and just had a quiet ride to the airport. We got there first in line for the Delta counter and had to wait for the Delta employees to start their day! It wasn’t too bad though and we got our 1 checked bag comped due to Lynda’s Air Force status and then were on our way!

Things I was worried about for this day included:
Aria’s new status of being potty trained – we went through a 3-day potty training over presidents day weekend, so just over 2 months before the trip. While it went great, I was worried about being on a plane & in the parks and her forgetting to tell me she needed to go.
Switching to PST – I was worried about when she would nap (her usual nap time is 1-3) and keeping her up late enough on the first day so she’d adjust okay to the late nights we had coming up (with Fantasmic & WoC).

So anyway – we made it through security without issue (though it does take longer with all the “stuff” that comes along with a toddler – this trip that included a large “diaper” bag turned travel bag; a large purse for me, stroller & stroller bag (stroller is too big to fit through the xray), milk for Aria, car seat…and I’m sure there was more.

Grabbed a quick pic in the bathroom...haha!
10307213_10100138494213631_5692568614169084554_n.jpg

We’ve done it before though so it was no problem – the only new thing was they made Aria walk through the x-ray scanner on her own (??) which she was NOT happy about at 5:30 AM. Poor thing! Next up was looking for some food – we stopped at a smoothie place and both got smoothies and I got a breakfast wrap and shared it with Aria, and also stopped to change her into clothes.

Soon enough we were making our way onto the plane (thankfully Lynda was able to help me by carrying the very heavy bagged up stroller) before everyone else thanks to family boarding, installed the car seat and got situated quickly. Now we had over 6 hours to go…and it went 100% smoothly! We brought paninis from the night before onto the plane and ate those along with some other snacks, Aria mainly watched the iphone/ipad movies/TV shows and was totally content sitting in her seat. She was fine using the potty and never napped.

10313974_10100138494208641_8845252792798546919_n.jpg

10157301_10100138494218621_2446190989673292563_n.jpg

1979603_10100138494273511_4940143136113402750_n.jpg

Lynda spent a large portion of the flight reading my December TR! haha!
10297733_10100138494278501_6991866467891259863_n.jpg

The time flew by and before we knew it, we arrived at LAX! It was only 10:30 PST, too! We quickly grabbed the 1 checked bag and headed outside to search for the Super Shuttle, and within 5 minutes our shuttle arrived and we were the first ones on.

Then we finally ran into some issues…

#1 – I received a message from Vons grocery delivery stating my order went to a store in San Diego and they couldn’t fulfill an order to Anaheim because it was outside their delivery window. While I was trying to call them back to figure out what happened, I received another call..

#2 – Apparently I left my ipad on the plane! EEEK. Delta was oh-so-helpful in stating they would keep it for 24 hours and then it will go to a central lost and found facility, and there was no way to get them to mail it to me. I had to physically pick it up in person. The problem was we were already on the shuttle! UGH! Thankfully though we hadn’t left the airport and the driver was nice enough to stop back at the terminal – I ran inside to the Delta baggage area and they had it there waiting for me! Phew!

Back to Von’s now that I had my ipad, they said the zip code input for the Disneyland Hotel was incorrect and weren’t able to deliver, but would be happy to offer free delivery for the next day. We decided to do that since I did want milk, snacks, and the case of water. So the remainder of the ride to the hotel was spent re-making my grocery cart. Also, Aria was starting to fade, but I realized we only had 10-15 min more on the drive to the hotel and I wanted her to get in a good nap, so we kept her up (by tickling, playing with a bracelet lynda had, etc!)

By the way, the Super Shuttle was the main reason I ended up bring the car seat (which I am very glad we had on the long flight) - as they don't offer car seats and they are required. She was free to ride it however, and our tickets were $26 total from Lax-hotel and then hotel-SNA! Not bad. The Grey Hound Disneyland Express wouldn't have required a car seat, but I read they only come once per hour and I didn't want to wait so long.

Sorry, BTW, for lack of photos - you know how travel days go!! More to come though of the hotel lobby, pool, room, etc!! I promise I have over 1300 to share with you (and that was whittled down from over 2000 haha!).

Up next…check in and a bad room request! Haha! (and a GREAT afternoon regardless!)

I'm glad you had such a great travel day, despite the Von's snafu and forgetting your iPad on the plane. At least you hadn't left the airport yet! That could have been a mess! What a relief it must have been that Aria did so well on the plane, especially on such a looooooong flight (well, for a toddler, anyway). I remember all those worries about the long flights and time changes with a toddler! It can be rough having so many changes happen all at once. I hope once you got to the hotel, she was able to get that good nap. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter