My 7 Month Vacation as a WDW Intern: MINI UPDATE 12/10

Hey Friends!!!

Here is what they will look like:

I'm praying that they will do. They ended up being like $10 bucks cheaper but standard shipping would only get them there on Monday and I'm flying back Tues so I can't chance that so we ended up paying 20 bucks to have them here by Wed. I really like them and I hope they are comfty. They are also waterproof so I'm assuming I won't have to spray anything else on them??

Glad I could help. Hope the new boot work out for you!!!

Congrats on single digits!!!:cool1:
Good luck with your memorizing! Great that you have the Dino one down! :thumbsup2

I also read ur TR on ur BBB experience. You were very lucky to have Wanda and Jennifer..they are two very sweet FGIT...if I recall, both were crying on my last day..as you can probably tell, we are a very close group! I really enjoyed working with both of them. It looks like your DD had a great time, and I hear she wants you to have your hair done next time!!!!
They were really great with her. She loved the BBB experience. It will be fun to do it together next time. :laughing:

if you wouldn't mind, I would like to hear more about the stops in detail. If you don't want to post them on here please feel free to PM me them!! I guess by the time AK was open, I was an early teen and never quite interested in anything like that lol. I'll be anxious to see what they are about. Of course before I left I was working 50+hours and did not have time to check these things out. I was able to go to Conservation Station for the first time ever but that was about the only thing new that I did before I left.

Thanks so much!

Hannah loved doing the stops both our AK trips at ages 8 & 10. Jacob loved it at age 10, but decided not to do it at age 12. There were a lot of younger kids too!

There are stops in each “section/land” They are marked on the AK maps. A lot of them had an environmental message to go with the activity.

If anyone doesn't want to know about the stops ahead of time, Skip the rest of this post!

What Hannah & I can remember:

Discovery Island – In the exit pathway of its tough to be a bug. In 06 this was our first stop, this year, we skipped ITTBAB, and we were told it was Ok to enter into the exit area. There are tanks with different (real) bugs in them, and the kids learn about the bugs.

Camp Mickey & Minnie- Along the main pathway before the characters & festival of the lion king. It’s a very large (fake) log with holes in it. The kids reach into the holes and feel the object inside & guess what it is (antlers, pine cone, turtle shell). I think there are also samples outside, or maybe they come out.

Africa- At the end of the Maharajah Jungle Trek past all the animals there is a stop. There are three signs that an animal passed this way, and the kids look at each clue and guess what the animal was. The first clue was footprints, Hannah thinks the second is (fake) poop, then they make a guess, and the third spot they look through a telescope and see the animal. (It was a rhino)

Conservation Station- think you said you saw this one. There is a backyard set up with animals. The kids get a laminated sheet and have to find each of the animals on it. Some of them were tough to find.

Asia- This was in a different spot this year than in 06. I had to ask for directions. It’s by the howler monkeys. The kids listen to recordings of animal sounds and guess what animals made each sound.

Dinoland- A huge fossil puzzle! There are a some bones from different dinosaurs, and a large crate/table with indentations where the bones fit, and the kids have to find the spot for each bone.

The kids get a stamp for each station they complete. If they complete all six they get a seventh stamp (of Rafiki) from the last stop. Hannah repeated a little pledge that she would be a “true friend of wildlife”.

single digits! sounds like the memorizing is going well- keep up the good work! it won't be long now!!!! :thumbsup2

I'm coming out of lurkdom to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your trip reports. I will be doing my student teaching this fall for K-6 and take my final Praxis exam next Saturday. I think it's terrific you got your internship! If you do decide to teach, your kids are going to love hearing all of your Disney stories! I bet your Disney experience will give you extra interviewing points because you know how diffuse upset parents from your BBB experience (and find Pumbas).;)

It's sounds like you are making great progress on memorizing your scripts. Hopefully they are not super picky about your lines. You are smart to record yourself. :thumbsup2

I hope you have so much fun down there and your dreams come true! :goodvibes

Good luck!! Let me know how it went!! In PA you have to pass 2 and for some reason there is one I can't pass: content knowledge. The fundamentals which I call knowing the "true" facts I passed but the Content one where you are given stories or situations and come up with the right answer, I always have it to 2 and pick the wrong one :( In FL you don't need the Praxis so I'm going to bank on that one and stop wasting my money and my parents money. It's very hard to get teaching jobs in PA without expereince. :(

Great job on the dino script. 1 down, 1 to go. BTW, have you heard from PC lately?

Thanks for reading. No, I have not heard from PC. He did txt me that night of my first post about him. He was at a party and "busy" so well I ended up just going to bed and havent heard from him since..oh well!

Congrats on the script. I was thinking of you-I was poking in our (not closing!) Disney store yesterday, and they had your Glass slipper shirts.

Thanks!! I'm beginning to regret buying all of that stuff bc it has now put me in credit card debt(along w/all of my other mall purchases lol)..oh well, it can't be returned haha.

It sounds like you are doing amazingly!!

And 9 days!!! :banana:

Thanks for reading!

SnoopyDancer - From a long time teacher, I just wanted to wish you good luck on your Praxis and on your student teaching in the fall. Do you already have your placement? I'm supposed to be getting a student teacher in the fall, but now they've asked me to participate in a program Vanderbilt is doing, as well. I think I'm going to have to say I'll do one or the other, but not both. That's too much to have going on at once, along with the regular obligations and having an outside life, too.

Anyway, I just noticed your comments and wanted to send lots of good thoughts your way!

TinkerbellLuvr7 - I hope it works out that we will see you. We'll be there for ten days, so hopefully your training will be over and you'll be in the park at some point during our stay. Continued good luck on rehearsing and memorizing. Maybe I'll get to hear the very speech you're working on soon!

Thanks for reading!! Have fun packing for your trip!

Glad I could help. Hope the new boot work out for you!!!

Thanks for the advice! I can't wait to get them Wed and try them on! Another REI PI that I'll be working with got similar boots but looking at my stats on them said mine were better bc of some cooling line that hers do not have. She's now considering taking hers back and shipping a pair to FL.

Congrats on single digits!!!:cool1:
Good luck with your memorizing! Great that you have the Dino one down! :thumbsup2

They were really great with her. She loved the BBB experience. It will be fun to do it together next time. :laughing:

Hannah loved doing the stops both our AK trips at ages 8 & 10. Jacob loved it at age 10, but decided not to do it at age 12. There were a lot of younger kids too!

There are stops in each “section/land” They are marked on the AK maps. A lot of them had an environmental message to go with the activity.

If anyone doesn't want to know about the stops ahead of time, Skip the rest of this post!

What Hannah & I can remember:

Discovery Island – In the exit pathway of its tough to be a bug. In 06 this was our first stop, this year, we skipped ITTBAB, and we were told it was Ok to enter into the exit area. There are tanks with different (real) bugs in them, and the kids learn about the bugs.

Camp Mickey & Minnie- Along the main pathway before the characters & festival of the lion king. It’s a very large (fake) log with holes in it. The kids reach into the holes and feel the object inside & guess what it is (antlers, pine cone, turtle shell). I think there are also samples outside, or maybe they come out.

Africa- At the end of the Maharajah Jungle Trek past all the animals there is a stop. There are three signs that an animal passed this way, and the kids look at each clue and guess what the animal was. The first clue was footprints, Hannah thinks the second is (fake) poop, then they make a guess, and the third spot they look through a telescope and see the animal. (It was a rhino)

Conservation Station- think you said you saw this one. There is a backyard set up with animals. The kids get a laminated sheet and have to find each of the animals on it. Some of them were tough to find.

Asia- This was in a different spot this year than in 06. I had to ask for directions. It’s by the howler monkeys. The kids listen to recordings of animal sounds and guess what animals made each sound.

Dinoland- A huge fossil puzzle! There are a some bones from different dinosaurs, and a large crate/table with indentations where the bones fit, and the kids have to find the spot for each bone.

The kids get a stamp for each station they complete. If they complete all six they get a seventh stamp (of Rafiki) from the last stop. Hannah repeated a little pledge that she would be a “true friend of wildlife”.

Thank you so much for that! If you don't mind, I'm going to copy this and post it in a facebook PM to 2 of the girls I'll be working with...None of us have had any clue as to what the stations are. I even admitted in my interview I had never been to the stations or presentations..yet I got the role lol...oh well!

single digits! sounds like the memorizing is going well- keep up the good work! it won't be long now!!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading, I love the support!

...Well...

At midnite it will be one week. A week from now I'll be heading to bed, getting up at 3:30ish and heading to the airport.

It's scary to see how fast time has gone by. Scary yet exciting.

My mom keeps making comments to my dad about neglecting cleaning the garage from all of our condo move and telling him that she won't be seeing me till who knows when so it can wait. That comment was really my first OMG hit that I'm going to leave in a week...

Well, today was not such a good day for me in terms of studying my scripts. My dad was having surgery for his colon (colonoscipy sp?) so I was the DD. We had to be there at 10:30 and he was to be done by 11:30. Well, I decided to do some errands, return some things, stop by the PO to get boxes, etc. They called after a 1/2 hr and said he had not gone in yet and to come back at 12:30, when I got back at 12:30 they had not taken him in yet. They didn't take him in until after 1. We got home around 2:30 so pretty much my day was gone but he is doing well and they did not find any tumors or cancer which is great :cool1: When my mom got home at 4 she wanted me to go to the store with her and help her with dinner and then she wanted to run to some other stores and next thing I knew it was 8:30 and I had not studied all day. Figuring this surgery would not have taken that many hours, I did not bring the scripts along...big mistake.

After watching the Bachelorette and DVRing Jon & Kate +8, I sat down at 10 to begin my new script. I first did Dino...missed 4 things..did it again, PERFECT!:cool1: After 10 mins or so of that, I began Harambe...and I have hit rock bottom. I felt soooo happy and proud that I made it through one. I had 17 sentences which is more than I had on day 1 of Dino and 1 more sentence than I had on day 2 of dino. I just LOST IT. I was getting sooo frustrated and losing control. I'm not sure why?

I'm not sure bc I know it is long and it is done only ONCE A DAY, or that I had a long day and was not motivated or in the mood even though I needed to be, or if I want to get it over so bad I'm just rushing it and messing it up. i have no idea????

Needless to say, I have 7 days left. I broke the script down into 5 days. If I begin the script again tomorrow, I'll have till Sat to get the gist of it, and Sunday and maybe Monday? I really wish they would have sent this a week earlier :( I also figure I'll have several days to go over it before I even begin training..oh..and I'll be getting a new script. I'm not really sure why they would even begin to think people could memorize 3 in a week?! :worried: :confused: :eek: :mad: :headache:

Well anyways, I feel I have hit rock bottom for the time being.

I have a feeling as the week goes on I'm going to feel more and more pressure to memorize this one yet still have "a life" my last week before I head back. I'm going to try and not let my emotions get involved but who am I kidding, I'm a 23 yr old female..ha!:laughing:

Anyways, if you have advice for me, I'd love to hear some..and some kind words of support :worried:

Lets hope the week gets better....

Hang in there Megan! You will memorize everything on time. Don't get frustrated because you already have one script memorized. :thumbsup2

Maybe you would have more fun with the scripts if you got your mom and dad involved. You could do it like a Readers' Theater script, and give your mom and dad a part. You could try reading it with different accents to keep it fresh. Your mom or dad might surprise you with a goofy accent that will make you smile when you recite the line at AK. The best part is that you would be spending time with them and before you know it, you will have memorized everything.

Good luck! pixiedust:

You will get it. Don't worry. Sometimes it is best to walk away from it a little bit so you don't get too overwhelmed. I am sure you will do just fine. Take a break and try not to get stressed over it. :thumbsup2

HI EVERYONE!

I thought I would take some time to share how my day has been going. I think I maybe losing readers based on the fact that I am writing about a post a day (almost) and they are very long :( From now until I leave, I'll try and keep it short and sweet!

If you read my post from last night, I had a total break-down from my scripts. I have Dino down to a T (w/a few errors now and then) but I began the other script that we will call Harambe and I had a major break-down. Near tears yes, more like frustration than anything.

Today I decided to sit down and tackle it!!!

I kept myself busy during the day with a schedule (which I LOVE schedules)

Breakfast

Clean room from 12-2

Lunch at 2

Clean and dust room till 4

Shower and watch TV till dinner at 6

Dinner and relax till 7

Run Harambe script several times, review Dino, review Harambe script from 7-8

Break till 9

Run Harambe till 10 and review Dino before bed

Believe it or not, I have some days where I have no schedule at all and I feel like nothing gets done.

Anways, I'm kinda breaking my schedule to let you hear my progress on Harambe.

I FINALLY got Day 1 of 5 down!!! Since I was supposed to start Day 2 today, I'm thinking about starting it seeing as I have about 1.5 hours left to devote to it!

Well, that is it for now. If I have further progress, I'll let all of you know!

Thanks again for the kind words and support, they mean a lot!!

oh...AND ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!! A week from now I'll be in FL!!!!!!!!

ya never lost me.......Im in!!:thumbsup2
Love hearing about your world and wanted to send some pixie dust for a fun week!
Nothing gets studying done but studying!! You will be much happier with yourself when u are comfy with your scripts so hop to it cutie!
Sorry, that was the:rotfl: Mom in me!!\
Cant wait to read more, u r doing a great job!

Keep up the good work and just think how exciting it will be when you get back to FL and can relax and get settled and not be STRESSED about learning all 3 scripts!!!
I cannot wait to read more and I hope your PI goes GREAT!

You are not losing me. I love the long post so keep them coming. :goodvibes

I am glad to hear that you were able to get some studying done. Schedules are great. They can really keep you on task. It was a good idea that you decided to handle your task this way. It sounds like it really helped you out. :)

I can't believe you are off to FL in a week. I bet you can't wait. I am so excited for you and wish you the best. I am looking so forward to hearing about all your adventures. :thumbsup2

Keep up the good work. Can't wait for your next post.

:love:

:banana: :banana: :banana:
WTG on learning the Dino script. Keep it up on the other one. Just keep telling yourself to stick to your schedule. I bet you'll be the only PI that shows up and has everything memorized and ready to go. Disney should be very impressed.:)

I'm still here! I just haven't posted much...I'm a teacher and this is our crunch time.

I'm impressed with your schedules. I do the same thing...I make schedules for my days when I'm at home all day. However, I have a problem STICKING to the schedule!

Good job on your memorization of the script! The Harambe one will come too.

Aww Megan! I know it's hard not to get discouraged by such things, but remember... you are commiting a lot of stuff to memory right now, plus planning a new adventure -- cut yourself some slack! I'm glad to hear that the scripts are going better and while it's good to have deadlines don't beat yourself up over not meeting them. You know more of the script today than you did yesterday and that's the important thing!

Hey Megan just realised that after my original post at the beginning of your 'TR' I've been lurking ever since! Sorry!
So I'm finally caught up and all I have to say is don't worry yourself over your scripts, I have the same problem revising for my exams where I have some days where I cannot take anything in, all I remember is at the end of the day my brain needs a rest from continual learning, and I will probably know more than I think I do! Same for you, you're most likely getting yourself really stressed out, if you relax before thinking about it again you'll probably be able to relay so much more!!
Glad to hear you're doing better with your scripts though, and 1 week must be so exciting! I'll be leaving for WDW in 2 weeks so hopefully we'll come across you in AK!! :thumbsup2

HEY DIS!!!

My boots have arrived!!!!!!!

They are lighter in color than I thought but I think with some dirt and rain they will darken up very quickly! When I first looked at them I thought they were wayyy too small. I am a solid 8 in women's shoes. I ordered an 8 in these shoes thinking no problem. They are a bit stiff though :( I'm not sure if that is because they are new or what? I tired them on with a pair of my dads thick socks and I could not get my foot in them :scared1: I then got a thin pair of my socks and my foot was in them. They are tight but I'm sure that is how they are supposed to be. They are very comfty and the insert is adjustable which is nice! I think I'll end up keeping them. They seem very lightweight and worth the money which is the same price as the others I bought.

Anyways, here they are!

100_1591.jpg

I have some other news that I would like to share real quick. Many of you know from my past CP TR and even if you read my TR from my may 2007 trip that I'm very close with my college roommate. After graduation she moved with her parents (only child) to Columbia, SC and I have only seen her twice since she has moved down there last year. She's working as an admissions counselor for a University and was not sure of her vacation. She called me last night and said she got approved for her vacation and she is coming to see me July 24-28. I'm thrilled. She has her flights booked and is going to be on her way! We have decided that we're going to stay at my townhouse for 3 nights and 1 night at POP or ASsports (which ever I can get into w/my discount). Her flight gets in late on that Thurs so even if I would have to work, I would still have time to go get her at MCO. For Monday, we're going to stay at a resort so she can take DME since her flight is at 10am. MK also has EMH on Sunday so we have plans to attend that. I also called and was able to get ADRs at LTT for dinner which I was psyched about!
I'm very happy she is coming but being that it will be a month after I get there, I'm worried I will not be able to request a day off to spend with her (esp sunday). She says she has no problem layin around the pool at my complex and at least w/me being at AK, my schedule should never be too late but I just hope I'm able to request off Sunday to spend w/her.

Here is a pic of us:
Front of the monorail on Spring Break 2006

roomiesmonorail.jpg

Well, I'm off to have lunch with my brother. Primanti Bros for those of you from Western PA! I gotta get my fix before I leave (along with Eat n' Park!) I'm going to work on my script when I get back. I was going to get up this morning and work but I woke up at 3am with horrible ankle pain. When I was at the pool w/my mom on Sunday I skinned my ankle on the side of the pool testing the water. I have been keeping it covered and antibiotic cream on it but last night I woke up with like throbbing pain. My ankle is fine moving it but I'm not sure what happened. Anyways after some tylenol and some ice it was fine. I'm telling you, when it rains, it pours!!!!

Have a *sunny* day!

HI EVERYONE!

I thought I would take some time to share how my day has been going. I think I maybe losing readers based on the fact that I am writing about a post a day (almost) and they are very long :( From now until I leave, I'll try and keep it short and sweet!

If you read my post from last night, I had a total break-down from my scripts. I have Dino down to a T (w/a few errors now and then) but I began the other script that we will call Harambe and I had a major break-down. Near tears yes, more like frustration than anything.

You haven't lost me! I just turn into a lurker quite easily these days between my working and my summer class. ;)

Sorry to hear about your frustration with your scripts, I completely understand and sympathize! That's the tough thing with studying - you know you'll get it down, it just takes a lot of long, hard work to get there! But you definitely will, remember when you were having a hard time with BBB hairstyles??? I bet now it's second nature, and hopefully soon the scripts will be too! :cool1:

Now, to catch up...the boots look great, and that's GREAT news about your roomie being able to visit, you two will have a blast!!! :)

That's great news about your college roomie getting to come visit. Here's some :wizard: wishes for you to get Sunday off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter