My 1st WDW Resort

We always stayed offsite on our trips as a kid. The ones I remember was a Comfort Suites. My dad used to travel for work so he would drive and take the family along. He would go to work and we'd head to the parks or hang out by the pool.

First on site experience was with my sister when she graduated from college. ASMu. Since then we've continued to upgrade our experiences with better resorts!

Well I had many Disney trips using offsite hotels before staying on property the first time so I guess I'll just jump to our first onsite stay which was our first trip with ODS in 2010. He was just over 2 at the time.

We chose POFQ. Deluxes were too pricey and of the mods it was the only one that really appealed to me. I loved the pics online and was really excited to try it. In reality, I was rather disappointed. For $180 a night I had expected it to be nicer. It was much more motel quality than I had anticipated, but of course this was also right before a refurb so things were pretty run down. I hadn't realized before this trip that the prices you pay are for the other perks like transportation, free dining, etc. and not the room so much. And transportation was not great that trip either. We spent a lot of time waiting on buses and they were always packed to overflowing. And housekeeping drove me nuts. We didn't have a do not disturb sign and I was sick in the room a few days. They kept coming back like every 15 minutes after I told them I was sick and in bed and to come back later. And on checkout day they started knocking first thing in the morning.

It wasn't everything I hoped for but we still had a nice time.

That's exactly what I was thinking SMH

Yeah I can't figure it out myself. Maybe the room was paid for by some company our group and these people were there just for a room and a place to smoke. :confused3

POP is actually a pretty cool resort. Our room and the public areas were all very clean. The grounds crew takes great care of that place. Everything POP and the food court were in great shape.

The issues were really due to crowd levels. I never waited in line for any less than an hour to get on a bus to or from POP. I think on the first night we were there we waited 2 hours for a bus at Epcot.

Yeah I can't figure it out myself. Maybe the room was paid for by some company our group and these people were there just for a room and a place to smoke. :confused3

POP is actually a pretty cool resort. Our room and the public areas were all very clean. The grounds crew takes great care of that place. Everything POP and the food court were in great shape.

The issues were really due to crowd levels. I never waited in line for any less than an hour to get on a bus to or from POP. I think on the first night we were there we waited 2 hours for a bus at Epcot.

During my trip, I noticed the buses for the values came frequently. My only concern about values is space. Did you feel cramped?

During my trip, I noticed the buses for the values came frequently. My only concern about values is space. Did you feel cramped?

Never at All Star Sports. I was never in the food court when it was more than 25% full and never more than 20 minutes in a bus line. I was in the tennis building facing the lake. It was very peacefull.

Our first stay was in 1992 at the GF. With 50 plus resort stays at WDW since then we have stayed in GF, WL, AKL, YC, Poly, POR and BWI. Our favorite resort is WL followed closely by the GF.

Our Honeymoon in Feb 2012, CSR, Cabanas 9A, King Bed, Corner, Water View.

It was fricken perfect. We fell in LOVE with the resort and WDW. Didn't know about this site then, but Have now spent the better part of the last 10 months here with all these fine folk.

My heart still aches for that first trip. Even though I LOVE CSR, it will be very very hard to go back, because I just don't think anything could ever live up to that experience. I am sure we WILL go back at some point... but there will be a bit of sadness too ...

I went to Walt Disney World twice, as a child, and didn't stay on property. But my parents took my brother and I along for their 25th wedding anniversary trip (when I was 20, he was 16) and we stayed in the Grand Floridian.

Suffice to say I spoiled a bit, for my first trip onsite. It was before Animal Kingdom, and we spent most of our time at MK and EPCOT (though we did go to "MGM" one day). Amazing.

Since then, I've stayed at all 3 moderates and All Stars Music. This trip my husband, son and I are staying at Wilderness Lodge. I'm very excited. The only other resort I'd really love to try is the Polynesian.

I just went through my past threads and noticed that I had more responses on this one. Sorry for the late response.

I went to Walt Disney World twice, as a child, and didn't stay on property. But my parents took my brother and I along for their 25th wedding anniversary trip (when I was 20, he was 16) and we stayed in the Grand Floridian.

Suffice to say I spoiled a bit, for my first trip onsite. It was before Animal Kingdom, and we spent most of our time at MK and EPCOT (though we did go to "MGM" one day). Amazing.

Since then, I've stayed at all 3 moderates and All Stars Music. This trip my husband, son and I are staying at Wilderness Lodge. I'm very excited. The only other resort I'd really love to try is the Polynesian.
I think you'll love WL. It's a beautiful resort and it doesn't have a huge layout. My favorite thing about WL is that there are options for adults and kids such as Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Cafe. Plus, there's the Cub's Den and the watercraft rentals. I hope you enjoy your trip.

1976, the Contemporary. My parents picked it since I was 6 years old. And the only other choice was the Poly! Man, have times changed. Don't remember much from that trip, but I have a vivid memory of my parents waking my little sister and me up so we could watch the Electrical Water Pageant from our room.

Fort Wilderness-in an RV...not sure if it counts and was too young to remember much. Next stay at the Beach Club. Amazing. Have now stayed at every moderate and Pop-3 times. I love Pop-the rooms are smaller than moderates. The walls seem to be thin too-recommend a white noise ap. The quick service food is better than what I had at the moderates. The pools are great. The other reason I like it best is for the quick bus service. Shortest wait times compared to moderates and deluxe. My next trip is back to a deluxe though-staying at the Contemporary. :woohoo: The deluxe are just amazing places to stay.

So back when my we decided to make our first trip, for our honeymoon, there were only 2 choices. That having been said it was a no brainer for the Poly. When we went the first time as a family, our boys were 12 and 6 we chose CBR, based on the size of the room. It was the largest of the mods.

Our first onsite hotel was Port Orleans French Quarter. It was a nice place, small and manageable. But it shared buses with Riverside so the buses were often crowded.

I have to say, now that I've stayed at a Deluxe it will be hard to go back!

Poly in 1983! We were visiting Fort Lauderdale and my parents decided we should drive up to Disney World and see if they had any rooms available. :) They did!

Our first onsite stay was at CBR in July 2002. We decided on a moderate for that first stay and chose the resort by looking at pics of all the resorts, liking CBR the best. We had a great time and loved everything about the resort from the minute we arrived.

Sheraton Vistana Villages in 2006. My BFF and I went right after high school graduation -- her parents own timeshare there, and since we were also doing Universal and a beach day, it was actually perfect.

I haven't ever stayed onsite at WDW, but we did stay at Paradise Pier in DL. It was nice, but DL is so different from WDW and we really had a better experience at the Ramada down the street :rotfl:

DD and I are heading to the World by ourselves in May, and we'll be in a Royal Room at POR! I am so excited I could just spit!

My first stay onsite was at ASMo with my kids' choir. First onsite we chose was WL. I've stayed at several places since but WL is still my favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter