Mvmcp

motofox4

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone :) I'm wondering if someone can give me input on the Christmas Parties. We've been to them before, but that was about 4 years ago. We've also been to the Halloween parties, the last one being 2 years ago. The last time we were at the Halloween party, we found it to be SUPER crowded (we went in the middle of September mid-week), long lines and hard to see characters or even get on attractions. I'm taking my parents with us this year in November (November 9 - 16) and I wanted to take them to MVMCP, but if it's going to be crowded like the Halloween party we went to last time was, I don't know if it's worth the money?? I'm just wondering if parties have gotten more crowded over the years or if the time we went, we just had an unlucky night and went on a crowded night?? Did anyone go to any of the parties last year around the same time that we're going this year (November 9 - 16) that could tell me if they were really crowded?
Thank you in advance!!:goodvibes

Mid-September mid-week is normally the less busy time for MNSSHP (unless you happened to be there during a marathon or a special event), so if that party was crowded, I would guess the MVMCP is likely to be just as crowded (if not more crowded). I normally go to MNSSHP in mid- to late-October and I've been to an early December MVMCP. The MVMCP was by far more crowded (it was sold out).

Hmm.. okay. Thank you for the reply. Now I'm completely undecided what to do! lol :confused3

The Christmas Party we went to was the most crowded of all times in MK during our stay. It was like, "where have these people been all week?"! With that said, we still loved it and totally plan on attending again this year.

Part of the problem with the parties is that those times are cheaper than a day's pass to the same park. Also, Disney will let you at 4 pm, not 7 pm so it adds to the value of the cheaper ticket.

Next, the late hours for the parties really attracts the teenagers and young adults.

The best time for a party is to go mid week. It seems less attractive to the masses at those times. Also, a colder night works better, too. We bring winter jackets to be safe with whatever weather. Finally, the later you stay in the park the less crowded it will be.

We went to MVMCP 2 years ago the week you are going, and it was very, very crowded (sold out). We still enjoyed it but truthfully, didn't get much done at all. By the time we waited for the parade (in Frontierland and still couldn't see that well) and the fireworks (which we had to watch from behind the castle) and rode a couple rides (and I mean a couple, because the wait for SM was over 60 minutes most of the party), we were done. I did enjoy the atmosphere and the snow on Main Street was very cool, but we are going in early December this year and are probably not going to do it again. I am just not sure $264 is worth it!

We went the same week in November last year. Very very crowded. We just couldn't enjoy the party festivities so we ended up doing rides which defeated the puprose:crowded:

As others have said, sold out parties do feel very crowded and you won't get to walk-on rides until the last half hour or so. That being said, if you are going in November, then the party is the only chance you have to see the Christmas parade, Holiday Wishes (you could see these from outside the park), and snowing in the park. It's really up to you to decide if you want to go so you can do as much as possible (i.e., characters, shows, parade, fireworks, rides) or if you just want to enjoy the atmosphere. My family goes to the parties for the parade and fireworks, so rides and characters are less of an issue for us. Based on that, we enjoyed our visit to MVMCP.

If you've never been and you like the holiday atmosphere, I would go at least once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter