MVMCP - what time to dine?

DROCKS

Mouseketeer
Magic Kingdom opens to MVMCP guests on their ticket at 4pm. I'm planning on dining at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner, but here's where I need help. I'd prefer dinner at 5:15 or 5:30, but then I'm afraid we may miss the castle lighting. Not so sure how I feel about waiting til "after" the lighting ceremony and dining at 6:50. So, what do you recommend?

Magic Kingdom opens to MVMCP guests on their ticket at 4pm. I'm planning on dining at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner, but here's where I need help. I'd prefer dinner at 5:15 or 5:30, but then I'm afraid we may miss the castle lighting. Not so sure how I feel about waiting til "after" the lighting ceremony and dining at 6:50. So, what do you recommend?

I just decided to have an ADR at LTT at 5:15 for our MVMCP night. We might miss the castle lighting, but with two kids if we eat too early then they won't eat, it we wait and eat too late, then we have monsters on our hands.

I have ressies at CP at 5:00pm. We've eaten at this time before and had plenty of time to get to Castle lighting.

We ate at Crystal Palace at 6:00, we did miss the lighting. But I have to say I felt it was better than missing part of the party.

I have been trying to get reservation before MVMCP for Dec 12th and there is no reservations open for us :( they are booked up ! When were you going ?

I've been trying to decide when to eat dinner on our MVMCP day, Dec. 14th. I finally switched my 6:20pm reservations at Tony's Town Square to a 4:15pm reservation at La Hacienda in the WS. It will be nice to try the new restaurant, plus we'll be fed and at the party by 7pm. :cool1: We'll plan to eat enough to make it to midnight.

How does everyone else get dinner in without missing the beginning of the party?

We are going to MVMCP on December 16th and have 5:00pm ressies at Chef Mickeys. We might miss castle lighting but I figured we will be there around 7 when the party officially starts.

The only ADR's I could get for dh and myself were at 6:25 at Crystal Palace. How much of the MVMCP will we miss? Can you see the castle from there? I am wondering if I should change to another place? Any help is greatly appreiciated! Thank you!

The only ADR's I could get for dh and myself were at 6:25 at Crystal Palace. How much of the MVMCP will we miss? Can you see the castle from there? I am wondering if I should change to another place? Any help is greatly appreiciated! Thank you!

I wouldn't do this. What if you're half an hour late just getting seated? That far into the dinner hour, it's not unheard of. I would eat counter service and do CP another day.

It's hard enough to do everything you want during the party. I'd never be OK with a late start.

We are dining at 6:45 at WC @ Wilderness Lodge, then ridin the boat back over to MK!

Wow, you are going to miss alot of the party. If you are really lucky, you might be getting off the boat back at MK around 8, but if there is any wait at all for a table or the boat, it could be closer to 9.

We usually just pick up CS the night of MVMCP. I prefer to have a big meal for lunch that day, and then grab something quick and not waste party time. If we are hopping to MK from another park on our MVMCP day, we usually get there around 5 or 5:30. Last year we were at the Poly so we were right by MK and I think we came in from DHS, put on "Christmas" clothes, grabbed a quick burger at the Poly at 5, and then headed to MK and were there by 5:35. This year we are doing MVMCP on an MK day anyway, so we are going to have lunch at CRT. I don't know if we will go back to the room before the party at all, as we don't usually take breaks. I think that is our BBB day (which DD has never done before), so there is a chance that I will have to go back to the room at some point and try to wash everything out of her hair and get it down before the party. :eek: :laughing: DD (4) really wants to do BBB, but I'm scared she is going to hate the hair!

We are dining at CRT at 4:15. It's a little early, but I wanted the first dinner seating so there would be no backlog having us seated late. We'll be done by 5:30, back in the heart of Fantasyland. We'll circle around front to get our wristbands, do a couple rides, get some photos and be able to get in line early for whatever character we want to see first, probably the dwarfs.

We are dining at the LTT at 5:40 the night we are going. Figured that was enough time to get in and eat and not have to rush around. Plus it should give us enough time to get back to main street to get in line for the pins.

Dan

We are going to AK the day of the MVMCP.
First we were planning on Ohana ..I have a 6:10 time. But I'm afraid we'll get seated late & not make my goal of 8 to arrive at the party for the first parade.
So instead I'm really thinking we are going to book the Spirit of Aloha dinner at 5:15 instead. Will be fun & a bit of time to relax between the two park times & get us off our feet for awhile.
Will be over about 7:15 & then ride the monorail to Mk for the party & easily make the first parade.

We are dining at the LTT at 5:40 the night we are going. Figured that was enough time to get in and eat and not have to rush around. Plus it should give us enough time to get back to main street to get in line for the pins.

Dan

What pins?

My guess is that at this point in time, if you don't have a reservation already or if you get very lucky, there aren't going to be any reservations available on a MVMCP night.

We prefer to do a quick CS meal around 5pm - why pay money to get into the party, then spend an hour or two eating dinner? Save the dinner for another night!!

Tammy
:santa:

I just decided to have an ADR at LTT at 5:15 for our MVMCP night. We might miss the castle lighting, but with two kids if we eat too early then they won't eat, it we wait and eat too late, then we have monsters on our hands.

We never want to take time away from the party events and activities. Once it starts, there's something scheduled all the time and you want to see and do it all. We usually have ADRs for 1:30 pm or so that day and have our large meal then. Less expensive too and you won't miss anything :)

We are going to AK the day of the MVMCP.
First we were planning on Ohana ..I have a 6:10 time. But I'm afraid we'll get seated late & not make my goal of 8 to arrive at the party for the first parade.
So instead I'm really thinking we are going to book the Spirit of Aloha dinner at 5:15 instead. Will be fun & a bit of time to relax between the two park times & get us off our feet for awhile.
Will be over about 7:15 & then ride the monorail to Mk for the party & easily make the first parade.

AK in the morning and Ohana at 5:00 is our plan. I'm a bit nervous about making the beginning of the party, but at this point it's out of my hands. We are traveling with people who are all about the TS meals and want to do Ohana. I'd rather get to the party since we have very young kids and I know they won't last long. :sad2:

My daughter has an appointment at BBB in the Castle at 3:50 and then we have ressies at CRT at 5:25. In between we will go get our wristbands. :woohoo:

we have a 5:25pm reservation at Chef Mickey's....then heading right to the party from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter